RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

Actually, there is a Pokemon editor called PikaEdit which has a Gen VI release, and has what I understand to be a legal-locked mode... I haven't tested it much myself, but the files can be saved and then loaded into PKHeX just fine from what I did. (It may not have been updated for the newer combinations thanks to ORAS' addition though)

I once googled it up a while back but the developer closed the project ... and... also removed the download links :\

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(The only "easy" exception, though also expensive at the outset if you don't already do it, would be to switch to importing Japanese and also getting the Cyber Editor, as it can not really be blocked at all. Not so useful to people who have no interest in learning a new language though. Otherwise, it's a great way to start learning Japanese as well!)

It's not like you need to have any interest in learning any Japanese whatsoever, since the modified version is the only one that allows you to use PKHeX with it, and that is available in English :)

One thing that is worth noting to people thinking of getting the Cyber Gadget... with Regionthree, the region free spider exploit, you can play Japanese games on a foreign (US/EU etc) 3DS. So if your 3DS isn't on the latest firmware and you want it to be (to use the eShop for example), all you need to gen in the future is a Japanese copy of the game and the Cyber Editor device, not a Japanese 3DS as well like before. Once you've started your save file on your Japanese game, you can update your 3DS firmware, and use the Cyber Gadget instead of RAM2Sav.

I once googled it up a while back but the developer closed the project ... and... also removed the download links :\

You're not missing much. I had it back when sixth gen save editing became available when the Cyber Gadget came out, and it was just a lesser version of PKHeX. I question whether the "legal-locked" mode works, since it would require an incredibly complex program with all the different variables that the servers check for.

One thing that is worth noting to people thinking of getting the Cyber Gadget... with Regionthree, the region free spider exploit, you can play Japanese games on a foreign (US/EU etc) 3DS. So if your 3DS isn't on the latest firmware and you want it to be (to use the eShop for example), all you need to gen in the future is a Japanese copy of the game and the Cyber Editor device, not a Japanese 3DS as well like before. Once you've started your save file on your Japanese game, you can update your 3DS firmware, and use the Cyber Gadget instead of RAM2Sav.

Reading this has made me seriously consider turning Japanese, buying JP versions of XYORAS and the device. Thanks.

^_^; With what testing with PikaEdit I did, it was accurate as far as I did. But that isn't really much of an issue, since as long as one does their homework and sticks to Gen V/VI-origin Pokemon, it's usually pretty easy to make anything legal.

Good for you RustInPeace! If you (or anyone) need help, I can't say how useful it would really be, but I may be able to provide some help.

And it really is nice, being able to play any Japanese-only games (so many...), or at least well before their international release (such as Bravely Second, coming out next month in Japan only, with no known release worldwide (though it's considered safe to assume it will)). It was pretty funny being able to play Pokemon games as much as a year before everyone else, before they closed the distance between the release dates for them.

Is there something wrong with the exploit? I never updated my 3ds and it was working fine this morning. I tried clearing my cookies and such with the initialize save data button. I'm in the game able to see my character and yet, the Ram2sav address just throws up a communication error. Was the Ram2Sav software updated? Is it undergoing some kind of maintenance? How can I fix it?

Good, so it isn't just happening to me, but NOOOOOOO can someone else make something like this?

EDIT: JUST TESTED AGAIN AND IT WORKED FOR ME, TRY IT

EDIT2: Seems to be working just fine, try it now!

EDIT3 (sorry): pcin/pcout were working, didn't test RAM2Sav links

Edited by iViscosity
JUST TESTED

Hey I was wondering so whenever I use PKHeX with ram2sav I lose my data back to the part where you get the pokedex. :confused:

Say what? That shouldn't be at all. If you always make new dumps with rsavout even less so.

Hi, will Ram2Sav work on a Normal 3DS (not a 3ds XL)?

Cos i updated i cant use ram2sav. im looking to buy a cheap one and i cant buy a 3ds xl cos its more expensive so im thinking to get a normal 3ds

EDIT: I found a 3DS with a 2.2.0-0E firmware

Will Ram2sav work with this firmware?

EDIT: I found a 3DS with 4.5.0-1 0E firmware

Will it also work?

Thank you

Your wiki search didn't help, you already saw the answer, why ask? If it's not 9.0 or higher, it doesn't work, and if you update, you will go to the now-patched update.

Your options:

-Breeding properly like most people, including those who win tourneys and stuff (also is super easy in Gen VI)

-Keep trying to buy a web-cheat-able 3DS

-Importing Japanese game & 3DS + Cyber Editor

-asking others to do it for you and trade them to you

It will always ask you to update. If you don't want to update, just keep saying "No" every time it asks instead of "Yes". There's no "other way", so you're stuck with the annoyances required for the ability to cheat.

Read the notifications you get, don't just try to speed through them to your next thing.