RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it annoying to have to dump my save every time i want to use this is their a way i can do this with out having to dump my save every time

Not really. To dump and edit your save file you kind of need to dump your save file in the first place. There's no easy fix, and it isn't that time consuming, especially compared to what we had in 2014.

Will there be updates to change your gender? I messed up by picking Brendan and don't feel like restarting.

Took the quote from Alpha which was a reply to a question from mine which has the same answer as your question:

Values that are actively being changed (such as playtime, which is always being updated) are unlikely to be modifiable via this method.

@Favna and others interested: Actually, reading the instructions, I don't see why you'd waste time taking out the MicroSD card. Just add a step where you access your N3DS via your PC and change the files. From experience doing similar cheating, it shouldn't be an issue, should the browser issue get fixed. I do it often enough and it's easy.

@Favna and others interested: Actually, reading the instructions, I don't see why you'd waste time taking out the MicroSD card. Just add a step where you access your N3DS via your PC and change the files. From experience doing similar cheating, it shouldn't be an issue, should the browser issue get fixed. I do it often enough and it's easy.

This.. This is exactly what has been on my mind. IF it gets N3DS support then using a FTP to edit the files would make it all very easy. Also do you mean with "do it often enough" that you have the means to FTP to the (micro)SD card? I'd be interested to hear how. Specifically saying (micro)SD because I would assume it also works for the regular SD on Old-3DS(XL).

Edit: read your reply to someone else on PCEdit after I posted this and removed a chuck of the original version since I found my answer there.

Ramsav.bin is re-generated every time you run rsavout.bin, in fact, unless you want to delete any box etc changes you made in between 2 ramsav dumps you want to always run rsavout as step 1.

my ramsav didn't regenerate after running rsavout.bin... Do you have any suggestions for that?

EDIT Never mind, got it to work after clearing internet settings

@Favna: (from several posts back) By "often enough", I meant using the New3DS' network MicroSD card access. It's so you don't have to deal with removing the card from the system every time you want to change something.

As it is, the option is found in System Settings in Data Management (or whatever it's called in the English/other languages). It's rather easy to do, since then your PC can access the card directly over your network. I then set up a shortcut on my desktop, to make all further access to it easy and fast.

So, I see it being said you can't use this to take a save from one game to another. I just did. Took it from my Sky3DS (private header) to a new cartridge. This is all for Omega Ruby.

Only thing that look wrong is my play time. All else is good.

So, I see it being said you can't use this to take a save from one game to another. I just did. Took it from my Sky3DS (private header) to a new cartridge. This is all for Omega Ruby.

how do you do it

how do you do it

I just followed OP. Got everything on my SD card, ran the script to create the .bak on my memory card. Switched cartridges, played until I was at the first Pokecenter. Then ran the second script for loading the save in. Verified by checking my PC and trainer card.

It switched my name, trainer id, all of it.

It won't do anything for Party Pokemon, so make sure all the Pokemon you want are in your PC. I did that and had junk in my party that I didn't care about.

Also, it didn't put the correct play time, which this can't edit anyways. So my play time went from many hours down to 16 minutes. I'm fine with that.

TLDR: you can use this to put your save from a Sky3DS to a cartridge. Possibly cartridge to cartridge (same game), but I can't test since I only have one copy of Omega Ruby.

Its been two weeks since I last posted here and once again thanks for the help then.

I've been having fun using ram2sav, but I do have a question regarding the ability to edit profiles in pkhex. With the digital version of these games it seems that you cannot delete people on your friends list whatsoever even after deleting their profile card, Will it be possible to edit out the friends in pss using pkhex?

I just followed OP. Got everything on my SD card, ran the script to create the .bak on my memory card. Switched cartridges, played until I was at the first Pokecenter. Then ran the second script for loading the save in. Verified by checking my PC and trainer card.

It won't do anything for Party Pokemon, so make sure all the Pokemon you want are in your PC. I did that and had junk in my party that I didn't care about.

Also, it didn't put the correct play time, which this can't edit anyways. So my play time went from many hours down to 16 minutes. I'm fine with that.

TLDR: you can use this to put your save from a Sky3DS to a cartridge. Possibly cartridge to cartridge (same game), but I can't test since I only have one copy of Omega Ruby.

does this also change you location and gender

does this also change you location and gender

Does not affect location. I stayed in the spot where I was when I injected the data.

Basically, it looks like it changed all constant data. Essentially anything not being edited in real time. My location did not change and my play time did not change.

I had my original game, on a Sky3DS Flash card. I used the tool to export that save to my SD card. I then turned off my 3DS, put in a new cartridge of Omega Ruby, and started the game. I got to the point where I was at the first Pokecenter. I did not have a Pokedex, any items, basically anything. Lots of options were disables, no map, you get the idea.

I then minimized the game, used the browser to inject my save data that I had exported from my Sky3DS, then went back into the game. I was still standing in the same location, but my Trainer ID had changed, my money, all Pokemon in the PC, items, what options i had available (like the map and such). Play time did not change, my location did not change, and my party did not change. Other than that it all looked good.

Can not comment on gender, as I started both games as a boy.

[

i do not under stand do you mean you just dumped the ram save from sky 3ds omega ruby and dumped it into cart also does this only change your Pokemon and not your location

How does it not make sense? Follow the steps you see in the first post. But, at step 11 (11. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get in game (make sure you can see Brendan/May).), you would be using a new cartridge. I played the new cartridge until I was at the first Pokecenter and PC so I could verify my PC Pokemon had transferred correctly.

Does not affect location. I stayed in the spot where I was when I injected the data.

Basically, it looks like it changed all constant data. Essentially anything not being edited in real time. My location did not change and my play time did not change.

I had my original game, on a Sky3DS Flash card. I used the tool to export that save to my SD card. I then turned off my 3DS, put in a new cartridge of Omega Ruby, and started the game. I got to the point where I was at the first Pokecenter. I did not have a Pokedex, any items, basically anything. Lots of options were disables, no map, you get the idea.

I then minimized the game, used the browser to inject my save data that I had exported from my Sky3DS, then went back into the game. I was still standing in the same location, but my Trainer ID had changed, my money, all Pokemon in the PC, items, what options i had available (like the map and such). Play time did not change, my location did not change, and my party did not change. Other than that it all looked good.

Can not comment on gender, as I started both games as a boy.

How does it not make sense? Follow the steps you see in the first post. But, at step 11 (11. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get in game (make sure you can see Brendan/May).), you would be using a new cartridge. I played the new cartridge until I was at the first Pokecenter and PC so I could verify my PC Pokemon had transferred correctly.

It's true, i've also done the same thing. I moved my save file from original cartridge to sky3ds cartridge, and it works!

Just follow those steps and you will get the save file moved..

does it tranfer all the flags so can you fly any where and you can fly yo battle resort if you beat game and delta episode on the save you tranfenfed

Unfortunately I'm not far enough for those even flags. All the flags I had did load right. My map shows the right locations visited, badges are right, people I got items from are still marked and so on.

I will keep playing and see if I can find anything that didn't go right, but so far its pretty good.

what would happen if you inject a mega form of a Pokemon into the pc an oras one into x and y will you get missing no or a bad egg

edit tried it it appeard as the Pokemon with out mega and it kept its ability do not know if it crashs if you go ino battle with it yet have not tried interested if it changes stats though

Hey all. Just wanna say thanks for all the hard work that went into this.

I have an issue using the method though.

I went through the whole process; put the files on my sdcard, ran the first url just fine, captured my boxes, edited in PKHex, put back into the 3ds, ran the code again and my game just freezes, crashes and then my 3DS restarts.

Has anyone experienced this or can tell me what I did wrong?

Should I just try capturing the save again?

I'm running Pokemon X 1.3 (EN-GB) with 3DS XL firmware 9.5.0-22E.

{Edit}

To be clear I am using the correct urls at the correct time. Bit.ly/1Caycho being the second one.

does it tranfer all the flags so can you fly any where and you can fly yo battle resort if you beat game and delta episode on the save you tranfenfed

from my observation..

yes, it transfer all things like badges, box party, pokedex, explored location, etc.

except game hour and pokemon party..