PCEdit - Full PC Dumping and Injection for X/Y/OR/AS

Okay, so I've made an account just to post here in relation to this Genning. Trying to create pokemon for Pokemon X. I've followed the instructions down to a T. (Using M's PC Dumper, too). Problem is, I don't actually get a green screen, but do get a pcdata.bin, which opens fine in PKHeX and I can edit pokemon and create a 211kb pcdata. Executing pcin happens, minus green screen again. But when I open the PC in game and click to open the boxes, the screen goes black, then it crashes back to the home screen. I've tried too many times and it's really beginning to frustrate me. Any advice on what I could be doing wrong or is my 3DS just broken?

Never mind, I've got it working! :D turns out the old version wasn't working so I tried the ram2sav again and somehow it worked this time! awesome stuff :D

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I have a question. Can you use this to level up Pokemon without replacing them? Say you have a level 46 Swampert that you want to get to 100. Is that okay to do? Will it be able to relearn any moves that it would have normally learned between those two levels?

Yea & Yes. use the move relearner person

It seems to work now, thanks, though. However, I have another concern. Whenever I move my Pokès around and then I go back to put more in, the ones I moved around to a different box disappears and it doesn't show up in PKheX. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

It seems to work now, thanks, though. However, I have another concern. Whenever I move my Pokès around and then I go back to put more in, the ones I moved around to a different box disappears and it doesn't show up in PKheX. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

you need to make a new pcdata.bin with pcout everytime you want to make a edit.

Ok so i just signed up here after i found out about pkhex and pcedit. and i've been trying to follow the steps according to the forum here and even switched to pcdumper (thanks to M for uploading it) but i still dont see a pcdata.bin file in my sdcard. also just wondering if i need a different sdcard from the one that came with my 3ds.

I'm on a mac, and I've managed to get old-fashioned one-pokemon-at-a-time PKHeX working fine using wine and a winetrick. i've decided to move on to PCedit, and I've been following Sleepy Jirachi's tutorial. i've gotten to the point where i can put the SD card in my computer and PCData.bin is clearly on the SD card. however, when I drag it over to PKHeX, nothing happens--it will get copied over to the folder that PKHeX is in (i used the download in Sleepy Jirachi's video's description). If i right-click on PCdata.bin (and yes, i've tried both the PCdata in the sd card and the copy that was in the folder)and try to choose a file to open it with, it still won't let me use PKHeX. Anyone know of a solution, work-around, or another program i can try instead?

By the way, even though pcdata.bin DID get on my SD card, a hoopa + a bad egg never appeared in my PC, and the touch screen never turned green in the internet browser either.

I'm not 100% sure, because who knows how up-to-date the DL link in the desc of Sleepy Jirachi's video was. Do you know where I can download the most updated versions of PkHeX, pcout, pcin, and everything else I would need?

maybe in their original threads?

I told him to not host any packages for that very reason

My game is crashing after I use PCin. I can walk around a bit, but if i try to save or use my box, it crashes and system restarts. any ideas, Kazo?

Oddly enough, I started from scratch with | M |'s PCDumper, and it works just perfectly without problems. thanks for all the help!

Alright. I did it with the most updated versions of everything (and the browser touch screen DID turn green this time) but sadly i still have the same problem -- when I drag pcdata.bin over PKHeX, nothing happens. I feel like this is just a problem with how macs work, and the solution is simply just figuring out what the mac equivalent of dragging a file onto another file is.

Wait. Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to actually open PKHeX, then move the file into it once it was open. Duh. sorry for bothering you guys

EDIT: There's something wrong with the interface - when I control-click on something, there is no drop-down menu with view, set, and delete. All that happens is that that pokemon is selected -- its square is shaded blue and I can mess with and view all its stats all I want, but my edits will not save once it is unselected. Even if I save the entire pcdata.bin after each tiny change, it doesn't actually change. If i click on something normally, the regular arrow-shaped cursor turns into a grabbing hand and i can move mons around just like usual (i think.) is there a solution?

New update, any idea if this patches this? Also the pokemon I made are unable to trade, is it just that Im dumb and did not make it legitimate enough?

works on 9,5 and you most likely got the memories wrong. Edit existing pokemon, use serebii for info.. That's the easiest way to make legit pokemon

So, I downloaded pcedit.rar, where do I find pcin.bin and pcout.bin? Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm new to all this sort of stuff and I'm not very tech savvy, so I don't want to mess stuff up.

Check your download folder.

Also has anyone updated their 3ds today and checked to see if this still works?