PCEdit - Full PC Dumping and Injection for X/Y/OR/AS

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was successfully using this yesterday. I just tried to use it this morning and I got the good-to-go Green Screen, but, it is staying frozen with that green screen and never crashed the web browser. My 3Ds battery ended up dying and I am editing the save file now. Any suggestions for the future? Will this cause any issues with my save file/3DS/or Game Cart?

Check your download folder.

Also has anyone updated their 3ds today and checked to see if this still works?

So I checked pcedit.rar, and it opens as a Notepad file with nonsense squiggles. What should I do about that?

EDIT: I've just decided that I will stick to RAMSav instead, and that I'll just have to be careful. I don't have anything that reads .rar files on my computer (is that the right term?), so ramsav works for now. But please, it would be nice to know if there is something I can do/ if there is a .zip alternative to this, and just in case anyone else has this issue, they can see how to resolve it.

Curious questions...

What's the advantages of PCEdit over RAM2Sav?

Or the advantages of RAM2Sav over PCEdit?

Or are they basically the same thing?

PCEdit was merely developed first. RAM2Sav is superior in every way. The only possible argument otherwise is that people don't want to risk "modifying other parts" of their save.

I hope RAM2Sav is safe.

Then again, the only edits I'll make in PKHex are changing ID/SID, maybe Trainer Name, Battle Points, PokeMiles, Money (not necessary though), Items (especially not the Key Items nor the TMs/HMs part), Wondercards, and some visible stuff such as correctly adding mons in boxes.

I hope they won't modify other parts of the save.

So if there's something I don't understand, maybe it's safe not to tamper with it right? Example such as that "Stats" in the bottom right corner in the Trainer Info with things like 0x000

I did everything and the only problem is when I try to get the new pcdata onto my game, I goto the pcin link and it won't give me green screen, I have reset my cookies and history many times to no avail please help

Yeah me too (may not work even if you delete the old ramsav.bin from your SD card, if you're backing up the save), but all I did was to keep trying. Maybe it depends on the connection I guess?

Hi there everyone and thanks a lot to the ones who created this. :) I have a question and was hoping someone could help. All works well and whatnot but everytime I want to read/create a new pcdata.bin I have to wipe the browser by using "Initialize Save Data". Is there any way around this? or should I just update to RAM2Sav? Thanks to anyone that can help!

Hey guys I have a... very unique issue >.< The website that crashes the browser is blocked in my country.. is there an alternative link..

PS: thanks a lot for this, saves insane amount of time for content providers!

If your rename pcout.bin file to code.bin, you can use loadcode.projectpokemon.org

Then rename the pcin.bin to code.bin when you want to use the other one. The URLs basically tell what filename to load locally.

If your rename pcout.bin file to code.bin, you can use loadcode.projectpokemon.org

Then rename the pcin.bin to code.bin when you want to use the other one. The URLs basically tell what filename to load locally.

I am sorry, I am not the best at this.. could you explain further? to be clear my issue is this link: (http://bit.ly/1yRUulB), the PC out one! its blocked in my country but weirdly the PC in isn't! (http://bit.ly/1JpcyGT). Is there an alternative URL?

@hooksjake: You obviously didn't read the first post. This does not currently support New 3DS use, because of the different software on the New 3DS. This has been verified, since the New 3DS has been available in other countries (particularly Japan, of course) for a while now. When/if that becomes usable as well, the first post will be updated to include that information, as well as mention of it around.

@Virdelet: To be certain, Russian web addresses are blocked for Saudi Arabia? Since they used a shortened URL (annoying things)... are you sure it's the destination page that is blocked? The actual web address is:

http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode.dat&pcout.bin

@jimonjigi: What do you mean by "living dex"? Anyway, it's pathetically easy to complete your Dex without cheating in the first place. Just playing through the game normally should have filled most of it (easily 80%+) anyways and the PGL makes it hilariously easy to get anything you want, barring Events. If you just can't bear to do that and can only be willing to cheat for what you want then just 'obtain' that Pokemon properly in-game, such as give to then take back from the Day Care, or in mass via the Bank.

Thanks a lot! I figured it out, I feel like an idiot now :D

No, they aren't, there isn't a "VLC format". They have the VLC icon because you assigned the .bin extension to be associated with VLC. File association will not affect anything in how they work.

It may help if you change your settings to show extensions, rather than hide them, so it's easier to identify what files really are. (For example: two totally different files could potentially have the same extension, lets just say .xyz for an example, which is associated to a program correctly for one of the files, but the other may be a file with totally different content intended for an unrelated program).

Also, just update your system. This method works on the newest update, so there's really no point in hiding.

Why the heck would twitter appear at all? That doesn't make sense...