Your first shiny Pokemon?

Sir Xero

Not really, once its hit the DPPt it loses much value. I would take the fresh Electabuzz still on Fire Red. If its on those games you transfer it to Emerald, clone it, and demand whatever you want. Oh, if we count the Mystery Dungeon games I saw the pink Celebi.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had thought that would be so for the red Gyarados, but I think on the first page the threads creator said it counted, so I counted it. And thats ssssooo close to an awesome one. If it hadn't been evolved I would have offered you tons for it, cuz you can clone the first and trade it as shiny of all five forms. Wurmple, Cascoon/Silcoon, Beautifly/Dustox. (Total side note, is there an actual worm that can become a moth or butterfly; sorry for the off topic, but I didn't think it worth a whole thread.)

1st Shiny was on my LG, was hatching eevees(Jolteon) and I hatched a shiny one, too bad it was Mild natured(was looking for modest) so I had to release it.

1st one in my Diamond was also an eevee(espeon) and it was Timid natured too(was aiming for that) but the IVs were bad, I kept it for awhile to see if I could trade it for something useful, ended up getting traded for my Current Lucario(best deal ever) ^_^

1st Shiny was on my LG, was hatching eevees(Jolteon) and I hatched a shiny one, too bad it was Mild natured(was looking for modest) so I had to release it.

1st one in my Diamond was also an eevee(espeon) and it was Timid natured too(was aiming for that) but the IVs were bad, I kept it for awhile to see if I could trade it for something useful, ended up getting traded for my Current Lucario(best deal ever) ^_^

I'll show you a better deal. I would have traded for that Eevee still on GBA games my Ho-oh from Colloseum, Lugia from xD, Deoxys from 10ANIV and a shiny Fearow if you wanted.

I'll show you a better deal. I would have traded for that Eevee still on GBA games my Ho-oh from Colloseum, Lugia from xD, Deoxys from 10ANIV and a shiny Fearow if you wanted.

I most likely wouldn't have taken that deal, since I have little to no interest in UBER pokemon.

The only one deserving of the description UBER is Ho-oh. The Fearow is good, but level 60 makes him just a basic shiny Fearow, Lugia... well just hope that nothing with chu in its name shows up, because he falls below all but 1 other Legendary I've ever seen. Thats Deoxys. Considering its a virus, its good. From all the hype about him, and all how he looks, I would expect mad skills, but I lost against some trainers Pokemon 20 levels below mine, and I had a type advantage. Only skill he has is defense forme, however, he is VERY rare, because as far as I know, 10ANIV Deoxys were only given out in the US through the space centers. Also, since you know about IVs, I would let you search my whole lot for the one with best. But as you got rid of it, it doesn't matter. On a side note, I own a ds Gameshark for some reason, and tried(without saving ever) different codes out. Shiny Milotic looks way better than the original. And some shinys are virtually impossible to tell apart. (The three birds, and some Pokemon is more white. Yes, more white. Ridiculous...)

• 5 weeks later...
First ever shiny would be the weedle from Silver version(It's the first version I played)

And maybe logically too because i don't know if you can tell if it's shiny in R/B/Y versions

The shiny factor wasn't created until GSC. I am pretty sure it vanishes when traded to those three, like Yellows Pikachu holding a Light ball, but you can't tell without trading.

Back in GSC, shininess was dependent on IVs. If your Def/Speed/Special IVs were all 10, and if your Pokemon's Attack IV was either 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15 (VERY specific don't you think?). Due to this system, it would be impossible to have a shiny female Pokemon that only had 12.5% chance of being so due to the way a Pokemon's sex was determined back in GSC (sorry guys, but no shiny female Charizards for you). Yeah, this is why the red Gyarados you received ALWAYS had 97 HP (HP IV was determined by Attack IV or something I believe) and a set amount of stat. Shininess was determined by IVs... so trading a Pokemon to RBY and back to GSC would not make a Pokemon lose its shininess (unless you screwed something up with Gameshark and messed around with the Pokemon's IV).

Since IVs are passed down from parents in breeding, yes... you actually have a higher chance of getting a shiny baby if one of your parents are shiny back in GSC, but starting from Gen III shininess was determined by personality value... so no, IVs do not affect shininess anymore (at least not in the way it did in GSC)... so sorry, breeding a shiny to get a shiny Pokemon baby is now determined by the random number goddess (RNG) >.>

My first shiny pokemon were... a shiny paris and I bred them and luckily only got shinys out of them, That was in silver but sadley it got erased for some reason after not playing it for atleast two years.

Then I got a shiny wingull in emerald and then I got a shiny starter in platinum, but I can't remember what pokemon it was.

411.png

Shiny Bastiodon... - OUT -

Edited by Shiny Bastiodon
Picture was in wrong place

Shininess was determined by IVs... so trading a Pokemon to RBY and back to GSC would not make a Pokemon lose its shininess (unless you screwed something up with Gameshark and messed around with the Pokemon's IV).

I meant vanish like while its on RBY you can't tell its shiny, like Gyarados would look blue, but if you traded it back it would be shiny. Vanish meaning go invisible, not go away. Shoulda clarified.

speaking of shinies. During GBA period, i think that i have played FireRed 5 times from start. and every of that starts, i catch suicune for my johto cat/dog. and every time i catch it, suicune would always be shiny. well, i'm not a big fan of shiny pkmn but suicune and gyarados are the only shinies that i accept to my teams.