PPSE Feature List

Sabresite

Here's what I know so far.

Each seal takes up exactly 3 bytes of information. 1st byte tells what seal you're working with (01h = Heart Seal A, 4Dh = Mystery Seal), the 2nd byte is an X coordinate, and the 3rd byte is a Y coordinate.

For the coordinate system, the origin (00h,00h) is the upper left corner. The actual area that the seals can be in is an oval shape 120 units wide and 116 units tall. The X value ranges from 82h to FAh. The Y value ranges from 0Ah to 82h. I'm using No$GBA and a RAM viewer to try and pin down all the boundary units, though I wish my printer was working so I could print out some graph paper. I'm better with visuals.

In a raw .sav file from No$GBA, the information for the first capsule in your PC starts at 0x00006050, the second at 0x00006068, etc. (24 bytes apart) Each capsule can have 8 seals, and they all fit snugly together within the 24 bytes.

When a Pokemon has a capsule attached to it, the byte at 0x8D is set to 01h. It's 00h otherwise. The seal and coordinate information is stored directly on the Pokemon's. It doesn't appear to be linked to the PC.

Now that I think about it though, I only tested assigning the first capsule to a Pokemon. It's probable that the value at 0x8D is the number of the capsule you assigned to the Pokemon. (EDIT: Yep, that seems to be the case.) If that's the case, I wonder what would happen if the Pokemon's capsule information didn't match with what's in the PC for that capsule.

EDIT: That's a Diamond save, btw. I haven't done Platinum yet. Because of a bug in No&GBA, I can't work on Plat until my computer's sound is fixed.

Thanks for the information Jiggy. I had the information regarding 0x8D on the Pokemon, and the 3bytes, but not the location. I also do not have the boundaries. When you get the boundaries mapped out entirely, please do tell us.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the information Jiggy. I had the information regarding 0x8D on the Pokemon, and the 3bytes, but not the location. I also do not have the boundaries. When you get the boundaries mapped out entirely, please do tell us.

Unfortunately, I'm a little old school. I prefer pencil and paper over a computer for most writing tasks. So rather than spend an hour or so typing this up, I just decided to scan the paper I wrote it all down on. Hope you don't mind too much.

Seal%20Area%20Limits%20List.jpg

Here's a graph I drew too.

Seal%20Area%20Limits%20Graph.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm a little old school. I prefer pencil and paper over a computer for most writing tasks. So rather than spend an hour or so typing this up, I just decided to scan the paper I wrote it all down on. Hope you don't mind too much.

Seal%20Area%20Limits%20List.jpg

Here's a graph I drew too.

Seal%20Area%20Limits%20Graph.jpg

Awesome, now I just need to translate that into a bit field and add the restrictions.

• 4 weeks later...
Right now the progress is zero. I am struggling with money, and I have summer classes. Progress will resume in July after classes finish.

I'd like to help with the project, I could do a program translation as I have a fair background in Java. Although, I'd have to take a bit of time to some bearings on .SAV editing, so after/during the actual making I could work on that for Macs/Linuxs.

Also, the list I mentioned before was the class/ability chart, which I'm sure you guys have one, but Smogon has one in the article on PIDs for those who don't.

• 1 month later...

i dident read through every page so forgive me if i ask something that has already been asked

i have an ards and i want to know if this will be able to edit saves like a r4ds card

also i saw u mentioned someting somewhere about wifi save editing or something like that?

• 2 years later...