Will there be a Special Edition HG/SS DSi?

InuYouki

How do you clone using the battle frontier? I haven't taken advantage of a in game glitch since R/B so I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. If I can do that and not risk my pokemon I would love to have a link to how I can do it. I wouldn't mind having a few extra Mewtwo's to trade to DPP.

The Emerald cloning trick is, in fact, the easiest to use and with absolutely no risk of losing your Pokemon. You can use it to clone up to 5 Pokemon at a time, or a nearly unlimited number of items. I'm not sure exactly the technical details, but it works because of the way in which Emerald needs to save data before entering into the Battle Tower section of the Battle Frontier.

Deposit the Pokemon you want to clone from your party into the PC at the Battle Tower (5 at most), and then exit hte PC and save your game normally. After this go back into the PC, and withdraw the Pokemon. From there, go to the nearest desk and talk to the person... go through the steps to enter into a challenge up to the point where it says "To Continue, it's necessary to save your game. Is this OK?". After choosing yes, there's a slight pause and then the regular save menu comes up... at this point DON'T save, but don't say No either. Just shut the game off, and restart. When you get back into the game, the cloned Pokemon should be both in your party, and in the PC. This is due to the fact that during the pause before the save menu comes up, the game actually does save the information to do with your party, items bag, etc... it just doesn't save the PC boxes; so when you shut the game down without choosing "No", you retain your updated party info, in addition to the non-updated PC box (where the Pokemon are still in the PC). That's why you need to save the game after depositing the Pokemon you want cloned, before withdrawing them again.

Here's a video on Youtube showing how to do it, if you're a visual person:

It works the same way for items, except you can clone much more than 5 at a time. You simply need to make the Pokemon in the PC box hold the items, save your game, take the items back into your bag, and then go through the above steps with the person at the desk. Upon starting back up, the items will be in your bag and attached to the pokemon in your PC. I've made hundreds of nuggets, master balls, heart scales, and so on 30 or 60 at a time by using a couple full PC boxes.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people already assuming that HG/SS will have Pal Park? lol.

I'm not assuming that Pal Park will be a feature of the new games. I am simply pointing out that there isn't really a reason not for it to be, unless the remove it specifically to tailor the game for the DSi. Pokemon has a long standing theme of "Gotta Catch 'Em All", and even with these new games, without Pal Park and the GBA link, you can't do it (unless they add in all the Gen 3 legendaries to these two new games, along with all the legendaries that already exist in Johto). And Pal Parking to D/P/Pt and then trading to HG/SS is going to feel awkward and unnecessary.

Additionally, Pokemon would make a bad promotional game for the DSi because the Pokemon games don't use any of the improved features of the DSi, unless they add in camera features. And camera features will be nothing but gimmickry, and won't actually add anything positive to the game.

If they make a DSi special for the Pokemon games, that's fine. If they remove the GBA Link to replace it with camera gimmicks in the game, that's not.

Why thank you very much TM2-Megatron!

And Skyblade you make a valid point. Like I said, I never used the palpark much so it doesn't bother me what they do with it. But I can see how it would put a damper on the game for some people.

Honestly, I don't see nintendo making any DSi features for the new game. Like you said, it just wouldn't fit in really. I wouldn't want my face floating around on my Pokemon game lol Only thing I could think of would be maybe utilizing the music capabilities. It would be pretty epic to put on the radio *assuming they keep it in the remake* and hear my own music. Or have my own custom battle music! Yeah that would be cool.

Ok, the music thing would be kind of awesome. But any camera features would just be gimmickry that the Pokemon games don't need. Nintendo did a wonderful job of not sticking pointless gimmicks in with the touch screen (except the Wi-Fi plaza, which they made nice and unobtrusive), and I don't want them to ruin that in these new games.

If they make a special edition DSi, I'm fine with that. I'd prefer a DSLite, because I don't think that a camera and music editor are a valid trade for losing the ability to play the entire awesome lineup of GBA games, but I can still understand that Nintendo wants to promote its new products. As long as the DSi doesn't alter the features of the game. They can add in camera features in something like the Wi-Fi plaza, where it won't obtrude on gameplay. And the ability to customize music would be alright (most likely letting you play your own songs on the radio. Still unobtrusive and optional).

Just don't make the games DSi exclusive, and don't remove the Pal Park/GBA Link features.

I don't think they can make a DSi exclusive game. I just don't see a game THAT dependent on the camera or music feature. The only exclusives I know of are the ones in the shop since you need the internet to buy them in the first place.

I already have a GBASP and two DSlites so I am good with having something to play my advance games on. Really, I am just looking for an excuse to buy the DSi, because in all honesty..... I really have no need for it xD

It's not going to be a DSI exclusive GAME, its going to have DSI exclusive features. And I really hope they make that Pokémon DSI so that way I'd have a reason to get one!

No need to worry. I'm sure all DS games are compatible in ALL DS models, just as how all GBA games were compatible with all GBA models (original or SP)...

I actually want it to have exclusive features, but still be able to work on DSL, because that way, when I tell my mom it has exclusive features, SHE'LL BUY ME A DSI! (Hopefully they release a Pokémon edition, because I want that one)

But on the flip side, other people who have older models of the DS won't like that.

The Glitch has a point.

Yeah, but that's still kind of a roundabout way of doing it. I'd hope Nintendo will maintain the slot-2 functionality that D/P/Pt enjoyed, for those of us who weren't so rash as to dump our DS Lites the moment the DSi came out.

It would be cool if they even enhanced it... having some special in-game event activated the first time you inserted either of the game's direct predecessors (eg. FireRed or LeafGreen), with the Elite 4 beaten (so people can't just run out and buy a used copy of the game to quickly do the job).

Yeah, I am one of the less rash people. Still have my DSlite(s). I am waiting till the heat goes down and I'll get a DSi when better colors come out. Or a Pokemon version. Which ever comes first.

The inserting a game thing was neat, but also made me mad. I never bought LG, but one of my favorite Kanto pokemon was a Vulpix and you can't catch Vulpix in Platinum unless you have LG inserted. I still got a Vulpix, but it is fun to catch them too ya know?

An in game event would be cool though. I never was sure if the inserted game worked or not till much later haha.