Will there be a Special Edition HG/SS DSi?

InuYouki

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that like with the FF DSi system they might have the word pokemon warped around the camera and Lugia and Ho-Ho on the rest of the system.

Here is a ruff idea for the design PLEASE NOTE THIS WAS MADE BY ME WITH PHOTOSHOP

(I was not shouting it was so people don't ask if this is real, it is fake).

DSipokemonidea.jpg

Edited by bear831
added idea for DSi

I'd figure they would do the same thing they did to Pokemon stadium 2. Make one half of the DSI Gold and the other half silver, and the top half of the DS would have either the HG or SS Emblem on the corner without the camera or in the center.1

If they do, I might be a little peeved. I just got my DSi about a week after it was out and my policy is to not buy a new one unless it breaks.

That and I dont have $200 to shell out for a special addition DSi. Plus what use would it be if I cant go 'Oooh look! I got a special Pokemon Edition DSi!' since I'm 19. I think my co-workers will laugh a lot... Maybe buy it, wait a few months after they stop making it, then sell it for 5x the price on ebay?

Well, you shouldn't care about your co-workers, but after they stop making production I would wait about a year to sell it. And I think the highest you will get for it is double.

Anyways, I hope the design looks cool, maybe have Ho-oh and Lugia on their individual sides seperated by a slanted line in the middle Ho-oh's side has gold, and Lugia's has silver. Sounds cool.

Plus what use would it be if I cant go 'Oooh look! I got a special Pokemon Edition DSi!' since I'm 19. I think my co-workers will laugh a lot... Maybe buy it, wait a few months after they stop making it, then sell it for 5x the price on ebay?

Pfft have some back bone. I am 22 and I will so sport that thing. If they have a problem with me liking Pokemon that is their problem. Every one of us has our own likes and dislikes and we should learn to respect that in one another. This whole image of OMG You're over ten so you can't play games/watch cartoons is old and tiresome.

Well he shouldn't be ashamed of it, but he shouldn't put it out there to be made fun of. Go like, "Yeah I like Pokemon. It's pretty fun". But don't take pride in it like "Yeah I like Pokemon! If you don't like it that's your problem!". If a special edition DSi comes out, then simply play it when you want, but don't be like, "Isn't it cool?".

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they put a lot of effort into the design. If I decide that the design sucks when it is revealed I will go with the metallic blue japan exclusive. The design for the DP special edition was amazing and it would be nice to see something similar. In my opinion they will probably try something different because they want to attract as much attention to the new DSi special edition as possible and if it looks close to the DP one it won't attract that attention.