Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

gonna elaborate on gen 3 encounter slots (different methods).

1/2/4 methods are used (3 is almost never), backtrack from the first PID call to get a possible nature frame (like encounter slots for gen 4), back one from that is the level calc. Back another calc is the slot calc.

There's some crafty stuff that can be done to get unobtainable encounter slots. The game has the capacity to alternate between different methods during the PID generation routine (it needs to do other calcs while doing the %0x19s), and can make some encounter slots from a previous Nature-PID carry over to the next one (which you receive).

I'm probably not explaining this well, jussayin that there is an absolutely miniscule chance of having an "illegal" slot/level occur.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm probably not explaining this well, jussayin that there is an absolutely miniscule chance of having an "illegal" slot/level occur.

Although it might be useless/impossible to match the encounter slot with the PID (a shame, that would have been neat) the point is to at least ensure wild PIDs that are not (in-game) events (starters/fossils/gifts/in-game trades/legendaries) correspond to at least one plausible wild encounter.

Latias' Water Sport move is showed as hacked

Please provide a link to the affected pokémon - water sport is on almost all latias from HGSS and it is properly recognized as far as I can tell.

This shiny Celebi has the message "Only known shiny Celebi is Ageto" even though it clearly IS an Ageto Celebi. O.o

EDIT: I finished EV training it and when I try to re-upload it I get the 13267 error code. As far as I know, the only things that give that error code are hacks and inappropriate names. It's obviously not nicknamed, so clearly the Celebi is hacked. The weird thing is, PokéCheck didn't flag anything else other than the Ageto thing, and I've successfully uploaded Pokémon before that PokéCheck says are hacked. So can someone please explain to me how the game filter lets through really bad hacks but blocks something that looks 100% legit? Clearly there's something wrong with PokéCheck that it isn't catching something. ಠ_ಠ

Edited by The Lone Centurion

It's not an Ageto Celebi because it has a type 1 PID.

The GTS won't let you deposit any shiny Celebi because Nintendo doesn't consider it possible to exist legally (although it does, like shiny Manaphy or shiny Jirachi).

OK, then would it be possible to fix it so that it says the PID is invalid instead of saying it's not an Ageto Celebi (without specifying why)? Anyone who doesn't know what the PID type is supposed to be will just assume it's a glitch. And the legit Ageto Celebis have "Unknown GBA PID" marked in red as if that means it's hacked, making things more confusing. -_- I realize it's probably a hassle to program a specific exception in for one Pokémon, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who's confused about it.

EDIT: Also, could you tell me which other events are supposed to have unknown PID types?

OK, then would it be possible to fix it so that it says the PID is invalid instead of saying it's not an Ageto Celebi (without specifying why)? Anyone who doesn't know what the PID type is supposed to be will just assume it's a glitch. And the legit Ageto Celebis have "Unknown GBA PID" marked in red as if that means it's hacked, making things more confusing. -_- I realize it's probably a hassle to program a specific exception in for one Pokémon, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who's confused about it.

EDIT: Also, could you tell me which other events are supposed to have unknown PID types?

google is your friend

gonna elaborate on gen 3 encounter slots (different methods).

1/2/4 methods are used (3 is almost never), backtrack from the first PID call to get a possible nature frame (like encounter slots for gen 4), back one from that is the level calc. Back another calc is the slot calc.

There's some crafty stuff that can be done to get unobtainable encounter slots. The game has the capacity to alternate between different methods during the PID generation routine (it needs to do other calcs while doing the %0x19s), and can make some encounter slots from a previous Nature-PID carry over to the next one (which you receive).

You are saying that while the game is calculating the encounter stuff (yes/no for battle, what species-level, nature, pid, and ivs), that it could ALSO (in between) use the RNG for various random activities? If this is the case, just like ABCD, ABDE, ABCE, etc.. this should be predictable and therefore can be validated still. I could make Legality Checker automatically assume UP TO 4 erroneous RNG calls (or something like that), and check for all possible validations. I just need to know the maximum number of erroneous calls.

You are saying that while the game is calculating the encounter stuff (yes/no for battle, what species-level, nature, pid, and ivs), that it could ALSO (in between) use the RNG for various random activities? If this is the case, just like ABCD, ABDE, ABCE, etc.. this should be predictable and therefore can be validated still. I could make Legality Checker automatically assume UP TO 4 erroneous RNG calls (or something like that), and check for all possible validations. I just need to know the maximum number of erroneous calls.

Well, the number of erroneous calls depends on how long it takes for the nature == nature. We don't know the frequency the interrupts are, but

I'd assume 1 between the slot<->nature,

and 1 possible valid PID skip at most.

The chance of it happening is very slim, I'd bet. Wait for someone else to weigh in...

Rename Sync check in legal to Method check :)

I have a question. Do all Wish Chansey/Blissey show up as the move being hacked? The only reason I ask is because of how the actual Wish Chansey is received. Being that it is received as an egg, the parameters of it's creation were not determined until after it hatched. Meaning it would have no traces of originating from an event.

I think I've found a small problem. My Munchlax has the egg move combo of Self Destruct + Curse. Pokecheck is detecting the combo as illegal, but it should be possible to obtain with a 3rd Generation Snorlax parent with Curse bred onto it and Self Destruct tutored.

Link to the Munchlax:

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=299437

the pokecheck is correct, the combination of those egg moves are illegal, the selfdestruct move only can get by a Munchlax from the pokewalker course Champ Path

and it isn't a egg move on 3rd. Gen.