Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My legit japanese Feraligatr comes up as hacked because its name is 'FERALIGATR'.

When Japanese/other language non-nicknamed pokemon level up on an English game their name changes to the English version.

http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=88503

I don't know if this was brought up before either, but some gen III pokemon who only had one ability in gen III and gained a second ability later (such as Banette) come up as 'not matching PID' beside Ability if the Ability would be incorrect to the PID in gen V. Hope that makes sense ^^;

http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=88536

EDIT: Or is this one caused by uploading a gen IV file as a gen V file?

I've been playing with the legality checker and it seems to be odd about pokerus. It seems to say that somehow I've collected multiple strains of pokerus (one of which happens the be the default one). It also shows cured status on mons that are currently infected in game.

Pokérus strains are still being investigated, so I'd like to know more. Can you give links to the incriminated pokémons or your pokécheck username? How did you aquire pokérus in the first place? Do you remember positions in your party at the time of infection?

Hola, just registered to post this:

Started using this amazing tool (the Pokechecker, that is, though the legality checker is nice too) today and wanted to check the PID on a Garbodor I just caught on Route 9 to try and diagnose why my RNG abuse failed. When I did so, I also clicked on the legality checker for no apparent reason, but surprisingly it turned up a false positive -- the checker thought the Garbodor was hacked in because it was underleveled. They don't normally evolve til 36, but you can catch them as low as 33 in Route 9.

Link to the guy: http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=102440 (don't know if this will work, I haven't messed with any public / private settings yet)

I know there are quite a lot of pokemon like this, where you can catch them slightly or significantly underleveled, sometimes massively so like the Electrode you can get at level 2 (IIRC), so if you intend to tackle them all... good luck.

Pokérus strains are still being investigated, so I'd like to know more. Can you give links to the incriminated pokémons or your pokécheck username? How did you aquire pokérus in the first place? Do you remember positions in your party at the time of infection?

My pokécheck user name is vixana, and I know I've been traded multiple different pokemon with pokerus, but I do not recall party positions.

I've looked through the list of my uploads. And it's now saying that all of them except for Venipede are cured. Also, my gen IV Eevee, which I know is nicknamed, is now reading that it's not nicknamed. It's also not flagging it for being "Eevee" instead of "EEVEE" as it's gen IV.

Edited by Vixana
Updated Information.

Your eevee falls under a special case. Its nickname was censored by the GTS word checker (sometimes it's hard to understand why as the banlist is shared among all regions); in this case it gets the default name for generation 5 although it is a generation 4 pokémon, and OT name Kuro*/Shiro*.

For your other pokémon they are in fact not cured but infected, correct?

Regarding Khift's remark, until the encounter locations and levels are extracted from the games Pokécheck will no longer report wild underleveled caught pokémon as hacked.

GALLADE, CHARIZARD, KYOGRE, Zoroark, SALAMENCE, NINJASK, ABSOL, and Chandelure are acutally cured, the rest are infected.

I understand that pikuffy's trainer name would cause a flagging. As Ninjask has been renamed too.

I've also noticed, that some of my 70 - 72 happiness mons read less than base happiness. I'm not really worried about that last bit, as it's possible for mean trainers to get the happiness down to zero.

I have just started using this new Fake gts.

This is the first part of the response

iliw6x.png

This is the legality check.

wvsgg1.png

I am wanting to create a shiny pokemon, which hatched with pokerus and a dream world ability.

I even read about the trash bytes for dream world ability being 0x42 value to 01, so I even set it that way.

I will upload the PKM file, so that might help you to know what I am doing wrong.

By the way, I am using pokegen, because I cannot get pokesave to work for me.

I welcome any suggestions to make it look more legit.

Thank you.

SHINY RED-STRIPED B&.pkm

SHINY RED-STRIPED B&.pkm

Edited by Tracy1969able
I forgot to mention that i wanted it to hatch knowing Surf, but Surf would not show up.

I am wanting to create a shiny pokemon, which hatched with pokerus and a dream world ability.

I even read about the trash bytes for dream world ability being 0x42 value to 01, so I even set it that way.

By the way, I am using pokegen, because I cannot get pokesave to work for me.

I welcome any suggestions to make it look more legit.

Thank you.

Ok. For one, the ability isn't released yet for that pokemon. Two, you shoudn't be hacking in a way that needs to be made to look legal, that's in the first part of the thread. Three, eggs still have to receive pokerus in the same way as hatched pokemon.

However, I suggest a template, take a different dream world mon and modifiy it, then see what happens. It's also possible that the current version of pokegen beta messes up trash bytes.