Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

Not sure if it's really a big deal or not, but when I ran a check on my Cloyster it said Rock Blast was "Hacked / Event only / Dream World (350)," but Cloyster learns it from breeding.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This pokémon is from Pokegen/Pokesav. Hidden Ability Basculin is not released and it has invalid trash bytes.

You don't need to register to deposit a pokémon from the GTS but you need one to upload .pkm files or to download anything from Pokécheck to your game.

I keep getting "Language or version mismatch with GTS metadata." with my Japanese black version, it's fine with my English white and I get "Available, pokécheck recorded this trainer on the GTS."

It does have an explanation, but I don't really understand it to be honest. >_>;

Here's two example Pokémon I put up.. my starters from each version.

First of all from white http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=122730

And then from black http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=122732

Using a cart.. have pics of my wonderful signed box to prove. O.o; (Why did they use black ink..)

Image436.jpg

But um, I think I know what is going on now, you see I once ripped the save and tried it out on an English rom to see if it'd work.. I also stupidly used said rom to test this out first time.

Is there anyway to reset this? >_>; Or have I screwed it up forever.

This Escavalier I got from the real GTS appears normal in everything except the Locations says "Unknown encounter." Does this imply that it's an edited Pokemon that had forgotten to set an encounter, though the Hatch/Met location exists (Route 11). Link: http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=127294

Here is another Escavalier with everything looking good except "Unknown encounter." again: http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=7102

===========================================

Here's a list of potential Shiny sprite issues:

Shiny Virizion (looks like regular)

Shiny Gothita (looks like regular)

Shiny Scolipede (looks like regular)

Shiny Swanna (looks like regular)

Shiny Sawk (is a regular Tympole)

Shiny Palpitoad (is a regular Tympole)

===========================================

This Carracosta I got from a friend who got it from the real GTS shows a Language of French. But inside my game cartridge, everything appears to be English, and I don't have a French Pokedex entry. The Legality checker shows a default name of English also, thus I'm not sure if the display of French is a glitch or not. Link: http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/?p=detail&uid=127302

I know it could have been traded as a Tirtouga and evolved in an English game, but even so I should still have a French Pokedex if it's truly French right?

Update: Alpha said Gen V Pokemon don't have Foreign Dex Entries.

Edited by Tomxc

Actually I had incorrectly parsed the possible encounter levels for karrablast somehow.

I know about those wrong sprites and I'll fix them manually when I have the time.

Edit: I fixed them, also added the xD move tutors two weeks after cH053n reported they were missing.

Edited by xfr

I would like to say that I looked for how to breed serebii's DW ability and I done this, and then hacked the pokemon to become shiny. I know if you edit a DW pokemon from Entree Forest to shiny, that's a hack and that isn't able to be used in Random Wifi Battles (from what I heard).

The bug is that everytime I edit a DW ability pokemon to shiny that is hatched from an egg, the ability is considered hacked. I have the Multiscale Dragonite from an egg, it's shiny, and I have used it in Random Wifi, so it's not considered a hack. Please fix that please, thanks. :) Btw you can look at it on my link at my sig to look at the Dragonite yourself.

The legality checker tells you the ability is hacked because although it has its dream world ability, it is missing the HasDWAbility flag, in other words it should have byte 0x42 set to 1.

It really shows how pitiful the random wifi checks are to not detect this.

Oh okay. Thanks, I was just wondering.

Well at least you don't have people with Wondertombs, Charizards with Water Absorb, and all sorts of really horrible hacked pokemon in the game anymore.

Btw, I was wondering like when I log off, or add a new pokemon sometimes, it always shows the PID with XXXXX and I look at the pokemon and I can't see anything about the pokemon but when I look at it and then look back out, the PID is reverted to normal and I can see everything (Legality Checker, download pkm, etc.) Just wondering about that too.

That's because of the privacy settings, it's explained in the FAQ. You can make the pokémon private to disallow anyone from seeing it, public to allow everyone to see all its stats/legality analysis/download/export and the default is what you experienced - can see stats except part of the PID but not do anything else.

Didn't read the whole thread to see if this has been reported yet, but a Keen Eye Starly that will evolve into Reckless Staravia shows up as hacked.

Also just noticed Guts Shinx is released but shows up as hacked/unreleased, and Oblivia Deoxys shows up as having hacked moves.

Thanks, this was fixed. To answer your question there is no limit on the number of pokémon you can have.

On a completely unrealted note, I noticed you are reusing the same seeds for different RNG abuses. Although this is not surprising given there aren't many seeds that give the spread/nature/ability you want it's not a good practise since it leads to pokémon getting the same PID.

Edited by xfr