Which Starter Are You Going To Choose?  

360 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starter Are You Going To Choose?

• Chikorita
    • Cyndaquil
    • Totodile

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh... Meganium is a pretty awesome wall in UU and has helped me take down stuff like Jolteon one on one. But still, there are better options out there, but I'm picking her because I like her :)

Totodile is my other starter b/c I always pick water.

But Chikorita looks more like a boy to me. I don't get why it's widely referred to as a girl.

Chikorita and its evolution actually look kinda girlish... :frown:

I'm gonna choose Cindaquil since it has best stats. As a Typhlosion it has pretty good SP. ATK and Speed and is able to learn Eruption (which is really powerful).

i always pick the grass type because it makes the games harder G/S/C were so easy to finish

They were REALLY easy to finish... but maybe this remake will get better. By the way, Chikorita will only have Magical Leaf/Razor Leaf/Tackle as her only offensive moves in the early stage of the games... and learns Body Slam as a Meganium at level 44!! Considering all the Pokemon that resists Grass moves in this game, I'm hoping for a slight movepool revamp for Chikorita... or else it will be MUCH too hard for her.

Fire is actually easy and Water is medium. It's because Fire has the advantage on Bugsy, Jasmine, and to an extent, Pryce. But Water has no real disadvantages... and Cyndaquil evolves the earliest out of the three (although Feraligatr comes earliest out of the final stages).

You know I always loved Cyndaquil and chose him for Crystal, Silver, and Gold games. but I think this time I might choose Chikorita, probably because i've never used a grass starter before, and it's kind of cute :3

Meganium was actually the first Pokémon I legitimately rose to level 100. I'm buying both versions, so I may have to draw names from a hat. I was decided early on on who I wanted, but I'm not so sure now.

In the orignal Silver version that I had purchases nearly 10 years ago, I ended up choosing Totodile. He was indeed a helpful starter and I swept through the entire game with him single handedly. However, I have decided on choosing Cyndaquil as my starting Pokémon.

I think it'll be a pretty good choice and change in game play, so I'm interested on how it'll turn out. Plus, I've always had a little liking for Cyndaquil before, I just never chose to use it.