5th Gen GTS Research

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even better, I now have a preliminary release!

I've finally got (most) everything working. I have successfully sent and received a Pokemon from White.

Everything is nearly the same, with a few caveats:

-No support for GenIV .pkm files or GenIII .3gpkm files yet

-Japanese name parsing has not yet been implemented. Not sure yet what happens if you send a Japanese pokemon to your computer. I'll work on a placeholder tomorrow, so the filename isn't completely unreadable.

Note that this is essentially a 'beta' release, so you may run into some problems that I haven't noticed yet. If you do, please let me know via the email address in the README.txt file.

Get it here

Looks like japanese names just turn into a bunch of question marks.

Anyway, coupled with PokeGen I was able to easily fix the name and convert 4th gen files to work with IR-GTS-BW.

heres a picture of whats going on

Don't put the quotations there...it says in clear view "file must end with .pkm"

Thanks IR for updating IR-GTS. I just tried it and it works very well. Plus, the whole DS crashing to title screen thing seems to be gone! :D

heres a picture of whats going on

No idea if this affects anything, but have you tried taking out the spaces and ( ) in the file name?

I fixed it by renaming the whole file. its all good now.

Thanks for your help everyone !

To make it easier, I just made a folder on my C: drive called pokemon...

That way I only have to type in "c:\pokemon\cofagrigus.pkm"

Whoo! Finally a beta test! My this feels good, lol.

I unfortunately have a problem to report tho. I'm getting a, 'Communication Error. Please turn off the power." message when I try to send a 5th Gen pokemon to my game. (Created with PokeGen) I never actually get into the GTS room. It just spends a lot of time connecting, and then that message pops up. Any ideas on what could be causing that? It seems python is allowed through my firewall...ect. so i'm stumped. I'm putting in the DNS correctly any all that stuffs.

Hey All.

Yeah, Azurfire, I'm getting what your getting, with one minor difference. I do make it to the GTS room, and then, after a few minutes, it says 'Connection Error, Please Turn off Power.' (PKM files also created with PokeGen)

I don't know if there's a problem with my pkm file, so I'll attach my Medicham file that I've been trying to send.

PinkRanger.pkm

PinkRanger.pkm

Hey All.

Yeah, Azurfire, I'm getting what your getting, with one minor difference. I do make it to the GTS room, and then, after a few minutes, it says 'Connection Error, Please Turn off Power.' (PKM files also created with PokeGen)

I don't know if there's a problem with my pkm file, so I'll attach my Medicham file that I've been trying to send.

just try it again i get that as well sometimes but if i close ir-gts then reopen and try again it works perfectly

*Smacks self for not reading the readme first*

After you drag the pokemon file to the IR-GTS window, press enter. Then the GTS will activate, and the pokemon will be encoded for transfer. It worked for me, on a 236-byte (party) .pkm file.

I have the same error that azurfire initially did, as soon as I begin connected to N WFC, I get "communication error, please turn off power". I believe I have entered everything correctly, including the DNS (the primary and secondary have to be the same right?) and my .pkm file is fine. I've also done everything in the python correctly because it says "Ready to Send..." Help?

Also RedGalaxy thats an error due to pokesav usually, make sure its "nickname" is same as its pokesav name instead of just blank when you create it.

When I was playing around with the one version where you managed a successful handshake (r57) the game would then disconnect and ask if I wanted to reconnect to NWFC and then it would check the GTS again. Do you think you could incorporate that in this version so as to allow sending multiple pkms without having to exit and re-enter the GTS room? (ie. Have ir-gts-bw kill the connection completely or send some sort of disconnect and then have the new pkm set up for transfer then the DS reconnects)

As an aside, if you get the wrong filesize error when you use PokeSav, I found it works if you just save the file as a storage box pkm. ir-gts-bw then adds the party data no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Just one thing :

In the Wiki page of the GTS Protocol, in the "Data" section, its written, for the footer :

In generation 5, the server must append to all its responses a footer generated by sha1("HZEdGCzcGGLvguqUEKQN"+urlsafe_base64(response)+"HZEdGCzcGGLvguqUEKQN").

Also, I tried to do that in PHP, but the game always disconnected. By the way, I did not obtain the correct footer for \x01\x00 return. I figured out that the response have to be encoded with CLASSIC base64, not urlsafe. That way, I got everything to work.

...if someone can confirm that in other languages, it's not the urlsafe base64_encode one, or correct in the wiki that wrong part, it would be kind.

Just one thing :

In the Wiki page of the GTS Protocol, in the "Data" section, its written, for the footer :

Also, I tried to do that in PHP, but the game always disconnected. By the way, I did not obtain the correct footer for \x01\x00 return. I figured out that the response have to be encoded with CLASSIC base64, not urlsafe. That way, I got everything to work.

...if someone can confirm that in other languages, it's not the urlsafe base64_encode one, or correct in the wiki that wrong part, it would be kind.

Here's some sample code for 5th gen.

http://pastebin.com/J8AiuENV