Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Download link and information

PokeGen Creator - Retired DeveloperFormer Staff

Download link and information

PokeGen is now maintained by Mat.

Current version: 3.1.13 <-- THIS IS A LINK, SINCE PEOPLE DON'T GET IT

Be sure to always keep backups of your save files prior to editing. I'm not perfect, mistakes can exist in the program still.

This program can be used for Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 for the following tasks:
    • Generating Action Replay codes to create Pokemon, modify the Pokedex, and add Mystery Gift data, including exporting to an XML file that can be dragged to the Action Replay code manager
    • Loading and saving of save files. Pokemon data and Pokedex data can be fully modified.
    • Loading and saving of party and PC .pkm files (136, 220, and 236 byte, encrypted and unencrypted)
    • Adding Wonder Cards to save files
    • Conversion of Action Replay codes into Pokemon information (This is limited.)
    • Finding a PID to match IVs, nature, gender, ability, shininess, and hidden power type/power - with variable IVs
    • Recalculating save file checksums
    • Editing items
    • Editing C-Gear background images

Most of what you need to know to use the program is self-explanatory. However, there are now tooltips explaining just about everything in it. There are some things that aren't quite covered though:
    • Windows XP or newer is required. (However, it does run without issues on "emulated" Windows programs for Mac OS and Linux.)
    • (This is only applicable to generation 4 games, and maybe not even HG/SS.) Using codes for party Pokemon can sometimes cause bad eggs upon activating the code. You can just activate it again and it should fix the problem. (You can check the summary after activating each time to see if it's fixed, or just close the party display and re-open it.) I don't think there's any way around this. As far as I know, this has no negative effect on the game when you save, as long as you don't save it with a bad egg. (I'm not even sure if saving with a bad egg would be harmful, but there's no reason to do so.)
    • Pokemon can be dragged around amongst party/box slots.
    • .pkm files can be dragged into and from party/box slots.
    • You can associate compatible files (save files, .pkm files, etc) with PokeGen to be able to easily load them from Explorer windows.
    • Holding alt and clicking a Pokemon icon will display that Pokemon's information instead of requiring you to right click and "View data".
    • Holding shift + alt and clicking a Pokemon icon will set the slot's data with the tab's data. Obviously this is equivalent to right clicking and selecting "Set".
    • If you don't want to receive updates to certain languages, delete the corresponding language file.

If you can't figure out how to do something, read the tooltips. For those that don't know, tooltips are an informative message that gets displayed when you stop your mouse pointer over a control (editbox, dropdown box, button, etc) for a short period of time.
    There's also the questions and answers thread that's being updated occasionally.

Note the date on posts in this thread if you're reading through it. There were many changes to the program since its initial release, including a rename, removal of generation 3 support, and other major redesigns.
    Also, this thread used to be the only way to post feedback/bugs for the program, prior to a forum section being made. That's why it has tons of posts when it's a locked thread.
    Last edited by Bond697; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:26 AM.

Re: Pokemon Calculator (Alternative to Pokesav for Pokemon editing)

How do you activate the code?

I tried L+R but that doesn't work. Is there another way to activate it?

I updated the calculator's DS codes to work with L + R just now. The codes were always on before, which probably wasn't a good thing. I had it that way for testing during development and didn't think to change it. Thanks.

The codes should've worked before the change though. Make sure you've selected the right game at the top.
    Last edited by Codr; Dec 28th, 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: After-thought

I haven't tested 4th gen, but with 3rd gen it seems really buggy. the met location is always "obtained in a trade" the pokemon is always in a masterball, and the IVs are completeing wrong. I entered something like 20,24,19,13,12,9 but i got 20,0,25,0,0,0.

Lol, as for myself, when I try in Emerald, I get a Bad Egg and buggy graphics.

For generation 3, the codes write to specific addresses that were designed for use with two other codes. Sort of like a "must be on" type of deal. There may be a better way to do it, like is done for generation 4 now, but I was a lot less knowledgeable back then. I'm not sure that I'll have the interest anymore to go back and try to find a better solution for the old games.

The two codes that allow generation 3 codes to work: (In AR3 format.)
    Ruby/Sapphire:
    I'm afraid I don't even have these codes anymore. I'll update this if I find them.

Emerald:
    B2809E31 3CEF5320
    1C7B3231 B494738C

525F4CDD 578E4EC7
    1C7B3231 B494738C

FR/LG:
    8D671FD9 6F6BEFF2
    78DA95DF 44018CB4

6B5AEEC6 F80E49BC
    1C7B3231 B494738C
    Last edited by Codr; Jan 13th, 2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: I stupidly forgot to add codes for different games.

Hello Codr, first of all I give you my congratulations for your work on this program because it is a good alternative to create pokemons and better job options than Pokesav.

On the other hand I take to suggest that if possible, can add an upcoming version of the program, an option to create PID-IVs Methods:
    B-A-C-D restricted (Seed 00000000 to 0000FFFF)
    B-A-C-D Unrestricted (Seed 00000000 to FFFFFFFF)

Because these are the methods used for GBA Pokémons Event

For now is the only suggestion I can do, because the program is very good.

SPANISH

Hola Codr, antes que nada te doy mis felicitaciones por tu trabajo en este programa, ya que es una muy buena alternativa para crear pokemons y con mejores opciones de trabajo que el Pokesav.

Por otro lado quiero aprovechar para sugerir que si es posible, pueda ańadir en su próxima versión del programa, una opción para crear Metodos PID-IVs:
    B-A-C-D Restringido (SEED de 00000000 a 0000FFFF)
    B-A-C-D Sin Restricción (SEED de 00000000 a FFFFFFFF)
    Por que estos son los métodos usados para Pokémons de Eventos de GBA

Por lo pronto es la única sugerencia que puedo hacer, ya que el programa es muy bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfeo View Post
    Hello Codr, first of all I give you my congratulations for your work on this program because it is a good alternative to create pokemons and better job options than Pokesav.
    Thanks. I appreciate the input.

On the other hand I take to suggest that if possible, can add an upcoming version of the program, an option to create PID-IVs Methods:
    B-A-C-D restricted (Seed 00000000 to 0000FFFF)
    B-A-C-D Unrestricted (Seed 00000000 to FFFFFFFF)

Because these are the methods used for GBA Pokémons Event
    I'll make a note to do so. However, I need some clarification on the seeds. I'm assuming that the "restricted" type's seed's upper 2 bytes must be zeroes. Is that correct? Also, since the random number generator uses the upper 2 bits of the calculation, is the "restricted" seed FFFF0000 instead? (Like all the other types.)
    Last edited by Codr; Jan 12th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

I think I did not understand.

B-A-C-D (restricted) refers to the RNG seed can only be between 0 to FFFF, so called restricted, that can only use the last 2 bytes for it.

Example:

Seed = 00000001

X [1] = 41C6AEE0
    A = 41C6

X [2] = AC2115D3
    B = AC21

X [3] = D2EEF54A
    C = D2EE

X [4] = 1FB75CF5
    D = 1FB7

B-A-C-D (restricted) Method is:

PID = 41C6AC21
    IVs = HP: 14 Att: 23 Def: 20 Spe: 23 SpA: 29, Spd: 7

And as you can see, the seed may be from 0 to FFFF in this case.

B-A-C-D (unrestricted) It refers to the RNG seed can be any number from 0 to FFFFFFFF. Therefore no restriction, since the RNG can use the full 4 Bytes to create the seed.

Example:

Seed = 1FFFFFFF

X [1] = 5E3A1206
    A = 5E3A

X [2] = 46DBE101
    B = 46dB

X [3] = 71F37BE0
    C = 71F3

X [4] = 63AA5ED3
    D = 63AA

B-A-C-D (unrestricted) Method is:

PID = 5E3A46DB
    IVs = HP: 19 Att: 15 Def: 28 Spe: 10 SpA: 29, Spd: 24

I hope I could explain it. And if you understood, then I was the one who did not understand the translation.

I hope will be helpful for next update and I apologize for my bad English. I'm Mexican and I have to use a translator to express myself.

You told me what I needed to know, thanks. I was thinking about it wrong when I made my post as well, so that might be why you were confused.

Ok, I'm glad you this information is helpful you, and will soon be able to update your program by adding this options for before

SPANISH

Ok, me alegro que te sea de ayuda esta informacion, y que pronto pueda actualizar su programa ańadiendo esta opsion

Nice program, I'll be checking this thread often. :]
    Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_32571 View Post
    Nice program, I'll be checking this thread often. :]
    Keep up the great work.
    Thanks. It might be a little while before the next update, as I've been busy with other things.

To implement Morfeo's suggestion, the next version's PID generator will have a few more features. Generating a PID for B-A-C-D (unrestricted) probably won't be instant or close to it, so I have to change a bit to accomodate the process.

Edit: Just as a note, this thread may end up deleted. The people with "power" on the IRC channel seemed to be in bad moods or something and banned me over trying to get clarity on a (generally meaningless) topic. I may make another thread on some other popular forum, but I don't know where yet. If it's deleted, sorry to those who were actually using it and looking forward to updates.
    Last edited by Codr; Jan 23rd, 2010 at 01:41 AM.

I did not know the problem, maybe I had guilt about possibly publish something that he ought not do. I apologize if I did something wrong T_T

SPANISH
    No sabia del problema, tal vez yo tuve culpa al respecto, posiblemente publique algo que no debia hacer. Yo pido disculpas si hice algo indebido T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Morfeo View Post
    I did not know the problem, maybe I had guilt about possibly publish something that he ought not do. I apologize if I did something wrong T_T
    Don't worry, it has nothing to do with you.

Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast