Official Event Pokemon Help/Questions thread

Lupin

About the Trade for Evolution event...

Any idea if the Yokohama National University events are supposed to have a halfwidth or fullwidth OT?

("YNU" or "YNU"?)

Ok people, Im sure this is not the correct thread to post this question (please direct me to the correct thread if you can)

I want to see if anyone can explain how to get the event pokemon to my SoulSilver and other games...but HOW do I do that without the use of wifi?

I have an action replay, but I have not been able to get any codes onto it..

Is there a way get AR codes for events instead of using wifi?

O.o?

Im very confused here, searched everywhere on this forum, website, google, youtube, etc. and I cant find anything about this.

Please help,

Thanks! :D

Ok people, Im sure this is not the correct thread to post this question (please direct me to the correct thread if you can)

I want to see if anyone can explain how to get the event pokemon to my SoulSilver and other games...but HOW do I do that without the use of wifi?

I have an action replay, but I have not been able to get any codes onto it..

Is there a way get AR codes for events instead of using wifi?

O.o?

Im very confused here, searched everywhere on this forum, website, google, youtube, etc. and I cant find anything about this.

Please help,

Thanks! :D

Hey,

so far I know how to create Pokemon via PokeGen, but how do you add the Event Pokemon to a game? Does it work with PokeGen?

To use PGT/PCDs (collectively known as Wondercards), you can use Grovyle's Mystery Gift Editor, which should support both gen 4 and gen 5.

If you want to activate the actual event, you need a flash card or AR (and them, subsequently, to make the AR code).

If you want just to send a pkm file to your game, you need a flash card, an AR, or you can use IR-GTS programs or just use www.pokegts.com and/or www.pokecheck.org.

• 3 weeks later...
The Gen 4 Azure Flute was never released.

The only legit way Arceus can be caught is via the Global Link/Entree Forest. In Japan and the US, it won the "Most requested Pokemon" poll and was (or in the US, will) available via their respective Global Links.

Or use Japanese Glitch

Or use Japanese Glitch

If you're referring to the "Tweaking" glitch, that only works in D/P and only applies to Shaymin and Arceus, because they're ALWAYS found on their islands. Arceus needs to be SUMMONED and requires the event to be activated at Mt. Coronet for anything to occur.

(This was later changed in Platinum in regards to Darkrai and Shaymin so that they also had to have their events activated. Traveling to the island via Tweaking or Wal-Through-Walls codes in Plat will otherwise just reveal empty islands)

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way for me to transfer 5th gen wondercards to a legit copy of Black/White? I have the following:

- DS Lite

- PKMN Black (US version)

- Action Replay DS (firmware updated for Black/White compatibility)

Neither Pokesav nor the Mystery Gift Editor that I have seem to support AR code creation for B/W events.

Edited by Sixfortyfive

• 1 month later...

Um, I don't know if this question was ever mentioned in the thread but I will ask anyway.

For events that uses IR, you need like a legit version of the game, right? meaning that games in flashcards are not able to receive IR transmitted events.

If this is the case, I was wondering how people extracted .sav files and hence, .pgf files from legit game cartridges.

Is there like certain USB connecting device that allows one to copy the .sav file in legit game to the computer?

Thanks so much Guested. You are like All-knowing God in pokemon tech stuff.

It took me 2 hours to figure out how to use all programs, read guides, and do little bit of trouble-shootings, but I managed to do it.

Also, it would be awesome if can describe how to extract .pgf files.

I am guessing I have to use Grovyle's program?

• 1 month later...

I've got a legitimate event Celebi I transferred to HeartGold from SoulSilver but I can't access the event itself in HG. I did the event post-game in SS so I don't know what the flags are that actually start the event. Do I need to have all eight badges? The National Dex? I've been breeding eggs I sent over from SS and haven't beaten the Goldenrod Gym, nor have I even visited Goldenrod proper (except to hit the Pokemon Center). Can the Celebis only be used once or am I just not far enough into the game to trigger the event?

I think you need to have gotten to the point where after TR takes over the Goldenrod Radio Tower. So (if I remember correctly), after badge 7.

Thank you for your help. I've looked all over the web for this information, but no one mentions the flags required to activate the event; they only describe the event itself.

Thanks again!

OK, it says this on the projectpokemon.org/events page:

Generation V events are in pgf file format which contains the card and the corresponding gift. Generation IV events files are in pcd format (for the Wonder Card) and pgt format (for the gift itself).

You can use Pokegen to insert the files into your game’s sav file directly, or generate AR codes.

It is not recommended to use Pokesav (Japanese OR translated versions) for non-Japanese games and events as it has many errors in handling some special characters outside of the Japanese character set.

I've seen how to insert the files into a .sav file with Pokesav, but it says not to use it. I've become fairly proficient in using Pokegen to edit Pokemon and .sav files. However, with these event Pokemon files, it seems to want to use the Mystery Gifts tool in Pokegen, which looks like it's meant for exporting .pgf or .pcd files or creating a .pkm file for the event Pokemon instead of activating the event to receive the Pokemon and Wonder Card ingame from the delivery man. Is there an actual way of using Pokegen to insert these files directly into the .sav file and/or generate AR codes, and are there detailed instructions and/or tutorial how to do so? What about Pokemon Mystery Gift Editor, is that the way to go for these event Pokemon files rather than Pokegen or Pokesav?

Using Platinum and Gamestop Jirachi as an example, this is the point I get to where i then am unclear on what to do next:

untitled.jpg

What would be the following steps to save it as a new .sav file and also to generate an AR code for it?