About This File
I hacked this UI together in less than an hour, if there are any bad bugs I'm sorry!
Randomizer for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky.
This randomizer randomizes...
- ... all NPCs on the overworld (with matching portraits and names)
- ... all dungeon layouts (including tilesets, music, weather, darkness, traps, items, Pokémon spawns, etc.)
Pokémon level are randomized between -3/+3 of the minimum/maximum level that the Pokémon on that floor had in the original game.
Moves, stats, starters, boss fights etc. are not randomized. Most hard-coded values are also not randomized.
Part of the SkyTemple project:
Please join our Discord server for support: https://discord.gg/4e3X36f
Install on Windows
Download the Installer and install it. After this run "SkyTemple Randomizer"
Install on Linux
The Linux version can be installed via Pip. For this Python 3.6+ must be installed and GTK+ (which you most likely both have):
pip install --upgrade skytemple-randomizer
You may need to run pip3 instead and/or need to update pip by running:
pip3 install --upgrade pip
After this, you can run skytemple_randomizer to run it. If this doesn't work, you don't have ~/.local/bin in your PATH. Run ~/.local/bin/skytemple_randomizer instead.
What's New in Version 0.0.2 See changelog
- New feature: Starter randomization.
- Now runs on real hardware.
- Item and traps are no longer corrupted and randomization should now work correctly.
- The name of the player and partner's species can now be displayed again by the game.
- The "null" trap no longer spawns.
- I originally also wanted to make it so that Kecleons no longer spawn as enemy Pokémon, but I just got some while testing, so that doesn't work yet. I'll look into this for the next release. For now Kecleon can still spawn. They are friendly unless they take damage or spawn as part of a Monster House.
- With version 0.0.2: