Did you like the remake?

Fallen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, that was more annoying than anything. It would probably slow you down in the newer versions by wanting to rest if you were using your running shoes.

Lol :P

I really didn't like FireRed or LeafGreen. I still prefer the old Yellow and Blue verisons. They just feel better to me...

There's something like this in Amity Park in DPP... but Yellow was annoying... because that Pikachu REFUSED TO EVOLVE! Once I learned Thunderbolt... it really was enough to evolve into Raichu, but Pikachu didn't want to...

Indeed. You were stuck with a useless rat. And you had to keep it for so long or else you wouldn't get certain things like Bulbasaur.

Indeed. You were stuck with a useless rat. And you had to keep it for so long or else you wouldn't get certain things like Bulbasaur.

I liked how you got all three starters and how the graphics looked better and how the AI was MUCH HARDER... but other than Bulbasaur, the other two starters didn't work too well (Squirtle somewhat did though)...

Yeah, if they make (a) G/S/C remake(s) then I would definitely buy them. Those games... Oh, it brings back such great memories just thinking about them. It was actually fun to keep playing and training after you beat the Elite 4 and caught all the extra Pokémon... Like Lugia... I remember catching Lugia. The fun I had with Silver is what made me love Lugia... :D I miss those games so much. I gave my Blue and Crystal to my friend though because I traded my GBA SP in as well as my phat DS to get a DSi. So, hopefully they remake G/S/C. That would be SO awesome. :)

I prefer both RBY and FR/LG. RBY is classic. And I mean classic as in: The first pkmn game(s) to come out. But the thing is, you can beat the Elite 4 all you want there was no side missions. On FR/LG there is. Theres a lot more of FR/LG to offer, 2nd and 3rd generations of pokemon to catch once you get the NatDex and the chance to get one of the Legendary Dogs roming around the Kanto Region. The Sevii Islands were a nice touch to the game though. A nice side mission when you beat the 7th gym.

Heh, brought back good memories :) However it didn't give the same "Retro" feel the older ones did, obviously :P But yeah, I enjoyed it. Some great additions too. Definitely was worth buying. It's probably one of my favourite games yet actually. The fact that most red carts are dead now kinda gives a decent reason to buy it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The graphics were nice, but the thing i hated was how they made starting with Charmander somewhat easier. I remember when i started with Char once i had a level 23 Charmeleon when i beat Brock =/

The graphics were nice, but the thing i hated was how they made starting with Charmander somewhat easier. I remember when i started with Char once i had a level 23 Charmeleon when i beat Brock =/

o_O

Level 23? Although Metal Claw doesn't help SO much... I just use Ember and turn out fine. It's just that Charmander's Special was its special defense value back in RBY, so it was pretty hard to do any real damage. If I were to pick Charmander, I'd just use Butterfree. Confusion > Brock :P

I enjoyed FireRed (though it was much more difficult than I remember the original being, lol).

However, it did have a few features I didn't really care for. For one thing, that in-game help system. I can't even begin to recall how many times I'd accidentally hit one of the shoulder buttons (that I was accustomed to having no function in any of the other games) and bringing up that stupid thing. Also, I wasn't a fan of the bag organization. TMs and Berries should've just had their own sections, not individual carrying cases that required you to go to key items, and then select the appropriate case.

Also, just out of curiousity, why was the total number of items you could carry in the general pocket of the bag 42 for FireRed, but reduced to 30 for Emerald? I could definitely use those extra 12 spaces in Emerald, though I did eventually work out an organization between the bag and PC in which I was able to sort all the medicinal and other items I needed, balanced with a full set of evolution and hold items. Basically all but a couple of the hold items go in the PC, along with nuggets and the vitamins (which takes up every available slot, between them). medicine, repels, incense, and evo stones/items go in the bag, which leaves me 2 or 3 empty spaces out of the 30.

I also disliked the help buttons. I had never hit the the shoulder buttons as much as I did playing Fire Red because I didn't want to. It was a pretty useless feature.

Fire Red and Leaf Green came out after Emerald, so 12 spaces were added. But yeah, I wouldn't have minded 42 spaces in Emerald either.

Wait, I thought FR/LG came BEFORE Emerald. But they had to keep true to Emerald's Hoenn nature, so they made it R/Sesque but changed the font to FR/LG's.

Yeah, Emerald did come out after Fr/Lg according to Wikipedia (and my memory, lol). It used the engine from Fr/Lg, but changed the font back to Ruby/Sapphire's. That's why I was annoyed 12 spaces were removed from the General Items section of the bag.

I also disliked the help buttons. I had never hit the the shoulder buttons as much as I did playing Fire Red because I didn't want to. It was a pretty useless feature.

Fire Red and Leaf Green came out after Emerald, so 12 spaces were added. But yeah, I wouldn't have minded 42 spaces in Emerald either.

You could disable that and change it to LR in the options menu. It will work like normal LR buttons, including toggling between boxes with them. It makes the game so much better.

I actually really liked the remakes, and most of the stuff I hear you guys complaining about didn't really faze me.

Music: I normally play with my music turned off after I beat the game and down real low before that. I'm sorry, but midi music really gives me a headache most of the time, so I could have really cared less.

Graphics: They were awesome, and much more pleasing to the eyes than those of R/S/E in my opinion. The over world sprites and the UIF were pretty slick.

Story: It stayed pretty faithful to the originals, almost a little too much in my opinion. Though I did like the tiny tweaks towards the end, and I loved the inclusion of the Sevii Islands. I could have used a few more of them if they would have programmed them.

Other (Pokedex, features, etc.): While I liked the nostalgic feeling I got while playing it, it almost seemed like it was taking a step back from the natural progression. I mean, just cause the originals didn't have a Real Time Clock, doesn't mean it would have hurt to include it like they had in R/S/E. And moving the Daycare to the Sevii Islands just to prevent us from getting Pokemon outside the National Dex, or even forcing the Dex to limit evolution was a bit unnecessary. It didn't really bother me since most of my team was the same as Gen 1 and couldn't evolve past their standard Gen 1 evolutions anyway, but for those of you looking to use Crobat, Blissey, Pichu or something, I can see how it would be a bit annoying.

Overall I think I actually like them more than the originals, but nothing can ever actually replace the originals and the feelings that go with 'em.