Oh crap. I think I did something wrong.

Dragonite.Luv

This is all really long, so be prepared.....

Well, since I've been addicted to my Platinum and haven't really been on the forums lately since I didn't think I did anything wrong, I haven't been reading anymore about tips or how to make legality.

To be honest, I have no clue if anybody has already posted a topic like this, and I'm sorry if they have, but I couldn't find anything like this, so I'm just making a new thread.

I started making a new team for my Platinum very long before it came out. In fact, I started making it even before anybody knew it was going to come out, so as you could of guessed, I was bored and wanted to start a new team.

Conveniently, a little bit after I had finished making my team, I found out that Pokemon Platinum was coming out, and I got really excited because I was actually going to be able to start fresh with my new team!

Now keep in mind that I didn't have an action replay back then, or was my Pokemon Diamond hacked in any way. I also bred them all to perfection, down to making sure the nature was right, and even the gender I wanted them to be.

I saved the training for my future Platinum when it came out, so it would be completely trained by my Platinum.

About a month before it came out was my birthday. My best friend had an action replay, and I was against cheating like a good democrat is against Bush.

But, eventually, I gave into that evil temptation and asked for an Action Replay for my birthday. My birthday, Feb 26, I did get an action replay. I decided to join the Pokesav Forum. I read all about hacking and cheating, and what EVs and IVs were, and how many EVs were the max, etc.

Then I thought, how cool would it be if I hacked my team instead of using the legal pokemon I had spent over 4 months breeding to perfection? After all, their attack and speed would be amazing....

At that point in my thoughts, I started drooling. I couldn't stand it any longer! I had to get hacking!

So away to my computer I went, copying down their abilities, levels, original trainers, and more to Pokesav.

My hands were shaking with excitement when it came time to export the code. It would be amazing.

I exported the code onto my Action Replay, and activated the code onto my DS.... (I had heard about it replacing any other pokemon in your party, so I was sure to get stupid pokemon to fill my party up such as Bidoof) And there was my gorgeous dream team before me! I was so happy. I opened up the summary to check if I had done everything right, and.... what does it say?!? Egg "obtained"? Not egg "recieved"?!? Also, "apparently hatched"? Not "hatched from egg"?!?!? Argh, back to the drawing board.

Anyway, I spent some time researching about how to fix that, and after multiple tries of trying to get the team right, came to the conclusion I would have to trick Pokesav into "changing" my name and Trainer ID to what it was already in the game to get it to make the pokemon look completely legal.

So, I tried again, and finally, oh this precious moment was too much to bear. I was praying I had done it right this time.... and as I open my eyes, I realize I had done it right! I was pretty much hopping up and down with joy.

I hadn't realized what I had done until I looked at my original Diamond party, the one which I had trained before that. They all said that I hadn't hatched them from beloved eggs, or that the trainer that had hatched them wasn't me! I was pretty sad, but then realized it wouldn't matter because my main game was going to be Platinum. That cheered me up a little bit.

Anyway, time warp ahead to when I get my Platinum game....

April 6th, 2009

The day had finally come. I had convinced my parents to take me along with them on one of their errands and let me buy Platinum while they're there.

I was pretty excited. When I got home, the first thing I did was get to Sandgem town so I could trade the sparkly new team I had made in Pokesav to my Platinum.

Time warp ahead to me realizing I had made my Pokemon team just a little too powerfull to be true...

A little after I beat the Elite Four, I took a look at my Pokemon's stats. They did look a little too powerful, after all. I mean, come on! My Tyranitar was only at level 50 or so and had an attack of 224 already? That's what my Luxray's attack was at level 74 in my Diamond game! I started to get a little nervous.

Time warp ahead to after beating the Elite Four and after making a battle video of me beating the Castle Brain of Battle Fronteir.....

I had just made this awesome new video of me beating the Battle Fronteir Castle Brain in a breeze. I quickly Fly to Jubilife City and run to the Global Terminal so I can post my amazing new video on the network.

I go to the little station and select "Post My Video". Here's where the whole point of all this writing comes in. After about 3 seconds, it says "Something seems to be wrong with your Pokemon. We were not able to post your video." Or something like that.

That really freaked me out. My pokemon were already all at level 62, and NOW it tells me I have something wrong with my pokemon?!?!?!? What did I do wrong? Someone please tell me.

Also, sorry for taking up so much space with my extensive writing.... I just felt I had to get it out.

If someone requests it, I will post all the stuff I put into Pokesav to make this team.

My suspicion is it either has something to do with the Hex Values or the EVs. What I think I did wrong is I put the EVs at like, 250 for attack and all the rest of the stuff, but the total does not exceed 510. I made sure of that. But what I think went wrong is that as they level up, they gain EVs, so in the long-term, they did exceed 510.... is that true?

Another suspicion I have is that I did create a Shiny Swampert as one of my team members. I didn't use an application to create the PIV of PID or whatever it is, but the only question is I didn't use it in that battle video.....

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you so much!!!

Edited by Dragonite.Luv

Dragonite.Luv, I am not pretty sure how the game detects whats wrong with them. but, my pokemon where never blocked from the GTS video uploading thing. If you want, I can take a look at them and try to fix them, all you need to do is trade them to me. All I can think of is its does a IV/PID check if the pokemon where not bread, or you went over the max EV limit by a point or too by mistake.

Did you make absolutely sure that:

a. The EVs totaled no more than 510.

b. Both the ID and the Secret ID are yours.

c. The IVs were realistic, e.g., no 31 IVs in everything. Generally a legitimate Pokemon has no more than two IV values that are 31.

d. The moves were realistic, e.g., no Shiny Swampert with Aeroblast.

e. No banned Pokemon, e.g., no Deoxys in the Battle Tower.

Whether the Pokemon is shiny or not is irrelevant; as long as they look legit, they should be fine.

I don't think the Batte Recorder checks the PID/IV-relation O.o

That some Pokémon have a realtionship between their PID and IVs was not planned by Game Freak.

If they did this on purpose, EVERY Pokémon would have a special relationship between PID/IV.

It's not a relationship like the PID is used to calculate IVs. The relationship is just because of how they are generated using the PRNG. With Wild Pokemon, IVs are generated just after the PID, so knowing the PID and how the PRNG work, the IVs generated are predictable.

With Eggs, PID and IVs are generated separately, so IVs cannot be predicted from the PID.

Mystery Gift Pokemon also generate their IVs and PID differently, so the predictive relationship doesn't hold for them.

Okay, on topic. There's nothing wrong with your Tyranitar's Attack stat. Comparing it to Luxray is useless, since TTar's Base Attack is much, much higher. A max Att TTar will have 224 Attack at level 55.

Second, you need your Name, ID, Secret ID, and Gender to match the Pokemon's so they will appear like yours and not as traded Pokemon.

Third, post the .pkm files of the Pokemon you hacked.

Save File

ID: 41237

Secret: 41237

Name: Kita

Party Members: 6

Pokemon #1

General

Pokemon: LUCARIO

Name: Alpha

Nicknamed: Yes

OT: Kita

OT Gender: Female

Held Item: Fist Plate

Trainer ID: 41237

Secret ID: 41237

Level: 2

Exp: 9

Happiness: 0

PID: 1244499194

Nature: Rash

Class: Class 1

Shiny: Non-Shiny

Pokerus: Neither Infected or Cured

Ball Caught With: Poke Ball

Ability: Steadfast

Marking: None

Met At Level: 0

Met At: 2000 (Daycare Couple)

Date Met: 2008, 1, 13 (aka January 13th, 2008)

Egg Hatched: 24 (Route 209)

Date Egg Received: 2008, 1, 13 (aka January 13th, 2008)

Region/Version: 10 (Sinnoh [Diamond])

Language: ENG (aka English)

Fateful Encounter: No

Hidden Hex Values: All 0

Moveset

Move 1: Flash Cannon

PP Left: 10

PP UPs: 0

Move 2: Dark Pulse

PP Left: 15

Move 3: Bullet Punch

PP Left: 30

Move 4: Cross Chop

PP Left: 5

IVs

HP: 21

Speed: 31

Attack: 29

Sp. Atk: 30

Defense: 24

Sp. Def: 26

EVs

HP: 18

Speed: 144

Attack: 126

Sp. Atk: 195

Defense: 10

Sp. Def: 17

Contest Stats

All Zero

Contests

All Incomplete

Ribbons

None

Egg

Is Egg: No

Pokemon #2

General

Pokemon: MUDKIP

Name: Tsunami

Held Item: Splash Plate

Level: 1

Exp: 0

PID: 3003953928

Nature: Adamant

Shiny: Shiny

Ability: Torrent

Date Met: 2009, 4, 8 (aka April 8th, 2009)

Egg Hatched: 25 (Route 210)

Date Egg Received: 2009, 4, 8 (aka April 8th, 2009)

Moveset

Move 1: Counter

PP Left: 20

Move 2: Mirror Coat

Move 3: Waterfall

Move 4: [None]

PP Left: 0

IVs

HP: 24

Speed: 30

Attack: 14

Sp. Atk: 31

Defense: 26

Sp. Def: 27

EVs

HP: 42

Speed: 203

Attack: 3

Sp. Atk: 207

Defense: 28

Contest Stats

All Zero

Contests

All Incomplete

Ribbons

None

Egg

Note: I made a huge mistake on this.... I was going to max out Attack on Tsunami, but I maxed out Special Attack instead!! Gahh NOW I know why my Tsunami is so weak..... *sigh* Anyways, I'll continue.

Pokemon #3

General

Pokemon: CHARMANDER

Name: Blaze

Held Item: Spooky Plate

PID: 144267266

Nature: Mild

Ability: Blaze

Date Met: 2008, 2, 10 (aka February 10th, 2008)

Egg Hatched: 4 (Solaceon Town)

Date Egg Received: 2008, 2, 10 (aka February 10th, 2008)

Moveset

Move 1: Crunch

Move 2: Scratch

PP Left: 35

Move 3: Growl

PP Left: 40

Move 4: Shadow Claw

IVs

HP: 24

Attack: 30

Sp. Atk: 31

Defense: 26

EVs

HP: 2

Speed: 201

Attack: 63

Sp. Atk: 239

Defense: 3

Sp. Def: 2

Contest Stats

All Zero

Contests

All Incomplete

Ribbons

None

Egg

Pokemon #4

General

Pokemon: LARVITAR

Name: Titan

Held Item: Dread Plate

PID: 953443578

Ability: Guts

Date Met: 2008, 2, 10 (aka February 10th, 2008)

Date Egg Received: 2008, 2, 10 (aka February 10th, 2008)

Moveset

Move 1: Bite

PP Left: 25

Move 2: Leer

PP Left: 30

Move 3: Iron Head

IVs

HP: 28

Speed: 23

Attack: 31

Sp. Atk: 12

Defense: 29

Sp. Def: 30

EVs

HP: 46

Speed: 3

Attack: 252

Sp. Atk: 1

Defense: 103

Sp. Def: 115

Contest Stats

All Zero

Contests

All Incomplete

Ribbons

None

Egg

Pokemon #5

General

Pokemon: BAGON

Name: Dracalo

Held Item: Draco Plate

PID: 103933426

Nature: Lonely

Ability: Rock Head

Date Met: 2008, 1, 30 (aka January 30th, 2008)

Date Egg Received: 2008, 1, 30 (aka January 30th, 2008)

Moveset

Move 1: Draco Meteor

Move 2: Hydro Pump

Move 3: Brick Break

Move 4: Dragon Dance

IVs

HP: 26

Sp. Atk: 30

Defense: 28

Sp. Def: 29

EVs

HP: 3

Speed: 217

Attack: 237

Sp. Atk: 50

Defense: 1

Sp. Def: 2

Contest Stats

All Zero

Contests

All Incomplete

Ribbons

None

Egg

Pokemon #6

General

Pokemon: ELEKID

Name: Elector

Held Item: Electirizer

PID: 3009036728

Ability: Static

Date Met: 2008, 2, 8 (aka February 8th, 2008)

Egg Hatched: 25 (Route 210)

Date Egg Received: 2008, 2, 8 (aka February 8th, 2008)

Moveset

Move 1: Ice Punch

Move 2: Cross Chop

Move 3: Brick Break

IVs

HP: 26

Speed: 30

Sp. Atk: 2

Defense: 29

Sp. Def: 28

EVs

HP: 3

Speed: 208

Attack: 242

Sp. Atk: 2

Defense: 23

Sp. Def: 32

Contest Stats

All Zero

Contests

All Incomplete

Ribbons

None

Egg

--------------------------

Phew.... I think that's it. Tell me if you think I missed anything.

*EDIT

Oh yes, one last thing....

Did you make absolutely sure that:

a. The EVs totaled no more than 510.

b. Both the ID and the Secret ID are yours.

c. The IVs were realistic, e.g., no 31 IVs in everything. Generally a legitimate Pokemon has no more than two IV values that are 31.

d. The moves were realistic, e.g., no Shiny Swampert with Aeroblast.

e. No banned Pokemon, e.g., no Deoxys in the Battle Tower.

Whether the Pokemon is shiny or not is irrelevant; as long as they look legit, they should be fine.

a. I tried, but I'm not absolutely sure.

b. Yes.

c. Of course!

d. Yes.....

and last but not least,

e. Yes.

*EDIT (Yes, another one....)

I forgot to add that the Pokemon I used in the video were Elector, Dracalo, and Titan. In that order, too. :]

WHOAAA!!! That is SOOOO weird!! I don't even know how to add spoilers and yet somehow it automatically added one and a reason for editing: "also forgot to add spoilers to the long list. ;P" but, I don't think it was automatic..... do you think it was a moderator/developer?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my Tyranitar's EV went over by 10 :(

darnnnnnn :'[

Edited by Dragonite.Luv
also forgot to add spoilers to the long list. ;P

Ok, I think I see your problem, and it's a simple misunderstanding about Pokesav, which seems to be worded bad. "Met in place" should actually be where you hatched the egg, and "Egg hatched at" should be 2000 (Day Care Couple).

It's confusing for a lot of people, but I'd try that.

His pokemon should not have hidden hex values, since they are from eggs with a hometown of Diamond. Eggs did not have hidden hex values in Diamond.

Your Elekid's Sp. Def IV Is 7 Points Over The Maximum (Unless Thats A Typo)

Your Pokemon Should Have Values For Hidden Hex 44, 45, And 46 Heres A Guide

oh, yep, that's a typo... sorry. its actually 28. I'm gonna change it to 28....

Ok, I think I see your problem, and it's a simple misunderstanding about Pokesav, which seems to be worded bad. "Met in place" should actually be where you hatched the egg, and "Egg hatched at" should be 2000 (Day Care Couple).

It's confusing for a lot of people, but I'd try that.

His pokemon should not have hidden hex values, since they are from eggs with a hometown of Diamond. Eggs did not have hidden hex values in Diamond.

1. well, I tried that, but I came to the conclusion that its actually the way I put it in.... (so I put it in right)

2. you are absolutely right, but..... I'm a girl. ;)

P.S.

anybody have any explanation on how my non-spoiler simply changed into a spoiler? (with an explanation and all....)

• 2 weeks later...
A mod.

Your Larvitar's EVs are the only problem I can see. That had to have been what tripped the Vs. Recorder.

And why are your EVs so all over the place like that?

About the mod: thanks, i got a little freaked out.... i dont think anybody could possibly hack my account anyways, its totally random.... except the numbers. ;)

And I am going to redo my Tyranitar, seeing that I have a known problem now.... I can't believe I completely skipped over it :( I could have sworn I made doubly sure on everything.... oh well, at least I'm not permanently screwed. ;]

About the EVs: I like to mostly max things out. Since they're not visible, it'll look legit.... just really strong Pokemon. I like to max out attack/special attack. And speed.

Oh yeah, and one more thing:

how do I make something a spoiler?