Heart Gold and Soul Silver Recent Happenings Thread

Alpha

I am EV training Pokemon and then, after getting my EVs the way I want them, I drag my pokemon through the Elite Four to level them up. Now, I have run those cupcakes through the ringer a bunch of times and it is always the same... except today.

Today, I walked into Indigo Plateau and, on my way to the E4 entrance, Apophis (the name I gave to my rival) accosted me, jonesing for a battle. So, I am thinking to myself that I have something special going on here until I actually get into the battle with him. He had the same team of pansies that he always has (level 50 somethings). So I wipe him out and think that maybe something cool will happen, like the the E4 will get tough. Nope. Nothing special.

So, what triggered this event? Has anyone else encountered this?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am EV training Pokemon and then, after getting my EVs the way I want them, I drag my pokemon through the Elite Four to level them up. Now, I have run those cupcakes through the ringer a bunch of times and it is always the same... except today.

Today, I walked into Indigo Plateau and, on my way to the E4 entrance, Apophis (the name I gave to my rival) accosted me, jonesing for a battle. So, I am thinking to myself that I have something special going on here until I actually get into the battle with him. He had the same team of pansies that he always has (level 50 somethings). So I wipe him out and think that maybe something cool will happen, like the the E4 will get tough. Nope. Nothing special.

So, what triggered this event? Has anyone else encountered this?

Your rival battles you before the E4 every Monday and Wednesday if I remember correctly...

It may have been a month since I have touched this game... but I finally decided to train that Mewtwo... and the league got him up from level 70 to level 74. Now to fight Red with him. Onwards!

6h3i8z.png

Edited by wraith89

• 3 weeks later...

I've had HG since the day of it's north american release, but have yet to beat the elite four... I stopped playing due to the Dragon Master not giving me my Extreme Speed Dratini T-T

I have pokemon soulsilver and I personally think that its better than Heartgold just cause of Lugia being able to catch first in the game.I think all the pokemon games are easy to beat and I also beat all the ones I have. Even beating red the second time was easy lol.

Finally got an Extreme speed Dratini through breeding... four of them actually... So, it's back on track again! Now to figure out the who i should choose as a sixth party member.

I just beat elite 4 a second time(after getting 16 badges) using only my Blaziken(lvl 98). Then I caught Mewtwo, and Articuno. Then got a 10 ANIV celebi and a shiny Kyogre lvl 100(embedded tower) on gts. Currently contemplating how to level up more of my pokemon.

I battled against @ BOWSER EX today with my awesome Team containing Sceptile, Shiny Froslass, Typhlosion, Lucario, Gallade and a Shiny Flygon and @ BOWSER EX Team contained a Clone Team of my Team xD! I defeated the Elite Four 11 Times in a row, redid the Time Celebi and Spiky Ear Pichu Events, played on the Wi-Fi Plaza 2 times and entered the Bug Catching Contest and won second place with my perfect catch "Beautifly".

Edited by Riolu Aura Sphere Now

I'm trying to get all the gym leaders phone numbers. I just traded a shaymin for a pokemon ranch mew, a pokemon I've been looking everywhere for! I also traded a mew for a 10 ANIV celebi, which I then traded for a shiny staraptor.