Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

sorry it took so long but i finally tested and only 1 ingame arceus and 1 fateful encounter arceus can be used so you can only get 2 of the 3

Wait what!? Our in-game tests didn't work... My friend walks up to the door and the bottom screen blips for a sec but nothing happens... I'm speechless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently started playing perfect heart on Desmume, and in the Ilex Forest I found a glitch pokemon with no name and 0 level. When I tried to attack it - my attacks missed becouse "there was no target" and after it battle ended. Try to capture it with save state/load state - but after 10 minutes of doing it, I became tired, pokemon got free every time.

I attached some screenshots of this glitch pokemon :-)

And I've got two questions:

1. I noticed that pokedex information about areas isn't updated. For example, I met a lot of ledyba in a grass, but pokedex says that there is no info about ledyba's area.It's a bug? or things like that is very hard to change?

2. Will there be some information where to get/meet/catch different pokemon? I started with cyndaquil and i want to catch chikorita, but I don't know where to look for it..

Pokemon_HeartGold_patched_59_26563.png

Pokemon_HeartGold_patched_29_26661.png

Pokemon_HeartGold_patched_59_26563.png.4

Pokemon_HeartGold_patched_29_26661.png.7

I'm interested in this, please upload :)

yo jePP man can u send me ppte trainer numbers so i know which trainer is which and when i was lookin to edit the elite four i could change every elite four member except bruno it rites error when i go to bruno so can u tell me hw i can change bruno pokemon and y does keep righting error to alot of the trainers pokemon i want to change plzzz reply man send me a message at my hotmail accountn mohaimen69@hotmail.com i will appreicate it alot man so give me the trainer info which trainer is which number and tell me hw to fix the error thing and this all for heart gold the us rom plz reply me soon thx

Hello! I just wanna ask, is there any way to play this hack on old R4? Because the game can't start, and as far as I know to play new NDS games, I have to use WoodR4.

But sadly, I think WoodR4 doesn't support patched ROM (only clean one). Can anybody help me? Thank you very much :D

Hello! I just wanna ask, is there any way to play this hack on old R4? Because the game can't start, and as far as I know to play new NDS games, I have to use WoodR4.

But sadly, I think WoodR4 doesn't support patched ROM (only clean one). Can anybody help me? Thank you very much :D

No man, the WoodR4 does support it. At least it does for me. What I did was format my sd, put wood in it, make a Games folder (in the root), get a clean Soul Silver and Heart Gold, download the files Roland has so awesomely given us, and followed his instructions (not really, I'm not new at patching things, but you get the idea).

You may have had a problem if you already had patched the game with the AP patch. Roland's mod includes that.

Hey this looks interesting. I'll play it. =] I mean, Team Galactic in Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver? Interesting.

Unless you're being sarcastic, that's actually a typo in the description. The main antagonist is still Team Rocket.

EDIT: Well, not really a typo, but copypasta from his previous mod, Perfect Platinum, which is almost better than sex. Almost.

No man, the WoodR4 does support it. At least it does for me. What I did was format my sd, put wood in it, make a Games folder (in the root), get a clean Soul Silver and Heart Gold, download the files Roland has so awesomely given us, and followed his instructions (not really, I'm not new at patching things, but you get the idea).

You may have had a problem if you already had patched the game with the AP patch. Roland's mod includes that.

Oh I got it, thank you very much geox123! I finally can play!

And thanks for Roland for making this awesome patch! :D

Edited by squinter
Sorry for discussing prohibited material :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, nevermind I got it to work after a few hours of work. >.>

Looks great so far! :)

. . . Except after Goldenrod, I keep getting very frequent ROM Images Crashes every time I save. Almost every time. I can't do anything without not being able to save at this point. Any help?

Edited by Sceptar

• 1 year later...
Hey Roland,I have a question.Some of the pokemon belonging to the AI have different abilities(Will's Bronzong for example,has changed from Heatproof to levitate).How did you edit that?

I don't recall ever editing that. You sure that isn't normal? I'll double check the guides then but pretty sure I didn't edit that...

Recently started playing perfect heart on Desmume, and in the Ilex Forest I found a glitch pokemon with no name and 0 level. When I tried to attack it - my attacks missed becouse "there was no target" and after it battle ended. Try to capture it with save state/load state - but after 10 minutes of doing it, I became tired, pokemon got free every time.

I attached some screenshots of this glitch pokemon :-)

I have not tested on an emulator for this release (unlike Platinum which was almost entirely made on an emu) so there is a possibility that could be the cause. It is noteworthy to say that I have only ever used No&GBA cuz DeSeMu had terrible performance, but alas I no longer use an emu...

And I've got two questions:

1. I noticed that pokedex information about areas isn't updated. For example, I met a lot of ledyba in a grass, but pokedex says that there is no info about ledyba's area.It's a bug? or things like that is very hard to change?

2. Will there be some information where to get/meet/catch different pokemon? I started with cyndaquil and i want to catch chikorita, but I don't know where to look for it..

1. AT the time of this creation it was extremely hard to change,(Read "impossible") I no longer know for certain...

On the route 26 met deoxys, threw masterbal,caught it :-)

So, some of the legendary pokemon are just wandering around in grass? so, i can meet mew in grass too?

And can i meet another deoxys? :-)

In some cases yes but they are very rare. If there was an event tied to their capture originally we did our best to ensure that the event stayed intact and that was how you caught them.

Unless you're being sarcastic, that's actually a typo in the description. The main antagonist is still Team Rocket.

EDIT: Well, not really a typo, but copypasta from his previous mod, Perfect Platinum, which is almost better than sex. Almost.

Totally a typo.(copypasta) I should fix that... Amazing no one ever caught it before... Certain forums required I do a detailed description so it became my template...

This looks great!

but does anyone know a good patch to stop freezing & glitches such as spinning Pokéballs at the beginning of battles? Thanks :)

Never encountered anything of the sort and I played through for testing and then played through again after "completion" what medium are you using to play?

I have a question, If I'm searching for a pokemon that wouldn't normally be found in the original version using the pokedex (e.g. a wild mew), would mew's location still be hi-lighted on the map?

Negative. When I made this that was not possible. (if it is now maybe I will update, but honestly do not hold your breath)

how is the 493 version comming along ? . can we expect a release soon with all pokemons obtainable ? , :)

It's very unlikely. Me and Mushen ran into A LOT of headaches and unexplainable issues with trying to integrate the last 3 completely. (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina) It came down to 491 Pokemon in the end.(though some report 492) We were satisfied with this. Now with us both being in college and working and lives and all that jazz it's just unlikely for us to invest the time. I MAY finish out of boredom.

Ah, nevermind I got it to work after a few hours of work. >.>

Looks great so far! :)

. . . Except after Goldenrod, I keep getting very frequent ROM Images Crashes every time I save. Almost every time. I can't do anything without not being able to save at this point. Any help?

I've never had any such experiences post Ap patch (which is integrated into the hack) what medium are you using?

Guys I'd like to release a formal apology here for never finishing the hack. We hit a dead end and then life moved in. We never did figure out a way to fix it. Hell, we may never (without making Dialga/Palkia/Giratina farmable) But I just wanted to formally state that I am sorry it never was completed. I do sometimes consider going back to it but then I remember the headaches it caused and I just avoid it. I hope you guys do not feel let down by such. I'll try and stop back on here more often to answer questions.

No promises but there may yet be progress. Someone is checking on a few things for me, if successful we may yet see this through to completion.

Hey I have played many of your projects and most recently Pokemon Perfect Platinum, but I have to ask is Perfect Heart/Soul fully playable to the end or are there still many things needed to be fixed. If there's any way I can help with the project let me know please. Also just wondering have you made any hacks for Fire Red eg Perfect Red/Green? Other than that I've been impressed with the quality of your projects, keep it up for the fans :bidoof:

Hey I have played many of your projects and most recently Pokemon Perfect Platinum, but I have to ask is Perfect Heart/Soul fully playable to the end or are there still many things needed to be fixed. If there's any way I can help with the project let me know please. Also just wondering have you made any hacks for Fire Red eg Perfect Red/Green? Other than that I've been impressed with the quality of your projects, keep it up for the fans :bidoof:

For the time being I don't think anyone can help (as weird as that may sound) but to answer your question:

It's completely playable and "finishable" you can just only get 491/492 from a single save... (as opposed to 493) And the wondercard events have me stumped so some pokemon can only be acquired through random encounters where as otherwise it would be a wondercard event...