Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

Excellent job. I was looking through the Pokemon location thingy for Perfect Soul and I can't find some Pokemon on it. For instance Aron. Is it incomplete? I noticed there are 4 pages but I can only see one of them. Thanks!

You realize that's a safari zone pokemon right?

None of the guides will have the safari zone captures, as it was never easy data to find (dunno if this ever changed) and no changes were ever made to the safari zone.

Not to mention that a whole separate sheet could be created for the safari zone since so many can be caught there. (it would throw the whole layout off)

Guess this should have been mentioned sooner.

First of all I want to start by saying WOW this is an awesome hack! It had to take a lot of time and dedication to make this I really appreciate your hard work.. I have a question about the patch:

I was already playing the game before I found out about this patch I've obtained 2 gym badges i'm just wondering is there a way that I could patch my saved game so that I wouldn't have to start over at the beginning of the game

First of all I want to start by saying WOW this is an awesome hack! It had to take a lot of time and dedication to make this I really appreciate your hard work.. I have a question about the patch:

I was already playing the game before I found out about this patch I've obtained 2 gym badges i'm just wondering is there a way that I could patch my saved game so that I wouldn't have to start over at the beginning of the game

No need to patch your save, just make sure it has the same name as the ROM

Hallo, Thanks for the cool version, it's been fun so far!

2 quick issues that I couldn't find by searching.

1.) There's a part where the rom just freezes (music is still playing) and I can't do anything about it no matter how many times I reload the game.

It freezes right before I get to the daycare the first time on Route 34 and Lyra says "Grandpa!"

(Other Relevant Info: I'm playing Perfect HeartGold on an R4 using YSMenu)

2.) Is the locations guide correct, because on Route 34 I ran into a Starly, but there's actually no Starly listed anywhere in the location guide.

Hallo, Thanks for the cool version, it's been fun so far!

2 quick issues that I couldn't find by searching.

1.) There's a part where the rom just freezes (music is still playing) and I can't do anything about it no matter how many times I reload the game.

It freezes right before I get to the daycare the first time on Route 34 and Lyra says "Grandpa!"

(Other Relevant Info: I'm playing Perfect HeartGold on an R4 using YSMenu)

Honestly (and you probably won't like this answer) it's probably a flashcart issue. After a certain f/w update on my Acekard I would get freezes randomly. Ever since I got my DSTWO none of my DS games have froze (though a GBA game did last night, but that was the fault of the emu)

If you want to be certain, start from scratch. Delete your ROM entirely, re-rip, and re-patch. Your save should be fine provided you don't delete that too.

2.) Is the locations guide correct, because on Route 34 I ran into a Starly, but there's actually no Starly listed anywhere in the location guide.

You certain it was route 34?

I just checked the guides and my files. My files do not have a Starly at that location...

And after googling I see that Starly is a headbutt pokemon (headbutting trees) so that would explain why it isn't in the guides.

You seeing Starly on Route 34 may be another side effect of a damaged or improperly patched ROM. Again I'd suggest re-creating it.

I am looking to make a Dragon team and in looking through the locations file I am unable to find many Pokemon. An example would be Axew.

In the description it says all 493 pokemon are in the game. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Oh, ok my mistake. But I have tried searching for others such as Bagon to no avail as well. I'm confused, is the location file incomplete?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I literally found the answer to this in 30 seconds on google.

He's in the safari zone. As stated earlier in the thread everything that should be in the safari zone is. The locations guide is strictly for the ones placed on routes, caves, etc.

Hi there.

I was just about to play Pokemon HeartGold, when I thought of the problem of evolving Pokemon without trading. So after a quick Google search, I found your hacks for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Eager to try it, I attempted to download the hack, and tried to follow instructions, only it didn't work.

I'm on Mac, so that might be the problem. But I place a fresh copy of HeartGold into the Rom folder, then I should place patch file that matches my version of the game? Where do I find this patch file, and how do I know what version of the game I have?

Can you please help me, as I really want to play this game! :)

just registered to say thank you for creating such hack =)

well somethings bugging me, when i start playing the game, i encounter a celebi at level 70 in the ilex forest. even though i haven't done the celebi event. is celebi a wild pokemon or a bug, or something. Im using R4 on my DS. ^_^

Hi there.

I was just about to play Pokemon HeartGold, when I thought of the problem of evolving Pokemon without trading. So after a quick Google search, I found your hacks for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Eager to try it, I attempted to download the hack, and tried to follow instructions, only it didn't work.

I'm on Mac, so that might be the problem. But I place a fresh copy of HeartGold into the Rom folder, then I should place patch file that matches my version of the game? Where do I find this patch file, and how do I know what version of the game I have?

Can you please help me, as I really want to play this game! :)

Sadly I am useless with Macs. Perhaps someone on here can help you. If not you can always ask on the IRC chat... Sorry.

just registered to say thank you for creating such hack =)

well somethings bugging me, when i start playing the game, i encounter a celebi at level 70 in the ilex forest. even though i haven't done the celebi event. is celebi a wild pokemon or a bug, or something. Im using R4 on my DS. ^_^

Nah that's normal. I wanted to make it so it only appeared after the national dex was obtained but PPRE had issues with those pokemon back then. Best thing I can recommend is keep an evee in the party so you can run away, that's is until you are ready to capture it.

Hi, is it normal that the patched file is a little smaller than the original?, I've seen this behavior with various patches, in this case the original size of my rom is 128mb (CRC32 EBB387E7) and the patched file is 120mb (CRC32 3627001D), does the patch compress some data?, I've tried with the GUI xdelta as well as the command version and the result is the same, the patch works fine but I don't know if in some point of the game I'll have problems.

Hi, is it normal that the patched file is a little smaller than the original?, I've seen this behavior with various patches, in this case the original size of my rom is 128mb (CRC32 EBB387E7) and the patched file is 120mb (CRC32 3627001D), does the patch compress some data?, I've tried with the GUI xdelta as well as the command version and the result is the same, the patch works fine but I don't know if in some point of the game I'll have problems.

That's normal. My file reads 120MB also. Typically you will see roms shrink in size after a patch because all of the padding and dummy files typically get removed.

I honestly have no idea why they use padding on cartridge based systems. I get why on discs (so the laser doesn't have to move as much btw) but I don't understand their usage on carts.

But yea you're fine.

ds roms are compiled as binaries to 32-byte alignment. their page size is 512 bytes. there are 2 types of ds card, actually: maskrom and one-time prom. maskrom has a much faster transfer rate(6MB/sec vs 1.5MB/sec) on access, while the prom is faster when it comes to many quick, successive card accesses. the prom can also go up to 4gbit in size, whereas the maskrom can only go up to 512mbit. dsi hybrid and limited games are prom-only, so bw1 and bw2 are all prom games. actually, all the pokemon games are probably prom.

anyway, what i was getting around to saying is that the reason it's expanded and filled with FFs is by nintendo's mandate. depending on the size of your chosen card, and regardless of rom type, the last part of the rom is made up of a few pieces. roms which are 128mb and above have a use-forbidden region at the end which gets bigger as you increase in rom size. this region is mandated to be filled with nothing but FFs as part of the build process. the rest of the end is made up of(if it's a dsi hybrid or limited rom) the arm7i bin, the arm9i bin, and overlays for the arm9i- none of which any current dumper has any chance of handling, so you end up with more FFs. the last piece is actual unused space, which is also mandated to be filled with FFs by nintendo.

• 4 weeks later...
How different is this from Drayano's Sacred Gold and Storm Silver hacks?

Honestly I know nothing of their work so I couldn't give you a straight answer without seeing it. I'll check into it for you so I can answer you properly.

Also sorry for the delayed response, I haven't been on in a few days (sometimes I terrible moderator, but we all have life stuff outside of this)