Mystery Zone Apparently met at. Help!

Malhakai

Hi all,

I have come across an issue while using PkHex, I assume I am doing something wrong so thought I'd reach out for assistance 🙂

Since all battle ribbons can not longer be obtained in Gen 3 due to servers being taken down. I thought I would add those few missing ribbons to my Pokemon. I bought my Pokemon forward to Gen 4 using Pal Park ingame. I can see it is from Kanto on the stat screen. Using PkHex I added in the N/A ribbons, and it stays legit; however now ingame it says it is from 'Mystery Zone Apparently met at'.

When I reload up on PkHex, it still shows it was met at Pal Park from Emerald, everything looks fine. But it certainly has changed ingame. Am I doing something wrong, or missing something? I tried googling about the 'mystery zone' and it seems to be a gen 4 thing. Will my Pokemon auto correct itself saying 'met in Kanto' when I move it to gen 5 and so on? or will it forever say 'mystery zone'?

21 hours ago, Desmondcsz said:

EDIT:

This seems not to be the problem, however if I open ribbons tab and simply save the Pokémon becomes ok

I think the problem is you gave them a "mix" of gen 3 and 4 contest ribbons. If you give (for example) all gen 3 smart ribbons to this Gardevoir it is correctly displayed as "from Hoenn"

1877271489_PokemonPlatinoIta__4819.png.c877243ab5b42e164aa83758e7a6f783.png

Edited by AlamosIT

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I’ve yet to look at the Pokémon, but ignoring ‘mystery zone’ BS, what were their origin games? Location header in game follows origin games (if it’s a transferred mon)

FireRed was the origin game. And I can see that when I open up PkHex, it says from game FireRed, received via Pal Park. It all looks fine on PkHex, and looks fine ingame prior to using PkHex, but after adding the ribbons I mentioned it becomes 'Mystery Zone' instead of 'Kanto'

4 minutes ago, Malhakai said:

FireRed was the origin game. And I can see that when I open up PkHex, it says from game FireRed, received via Pal Park. It all looks fine on PkHex, and looks fine ingame prior to using PkHex, but after adding the ribbons I mentioned it becomes 'Mystery Zone' instead of 'Kanto'

And if you take the edited mons and remove the ribbons, does it go back to normal?

10 hours ago, AlamosIT said:

Can you upload the Pokémon file?

Here are two uploads to show. Both Gastly came from FireRed & have been transferred to Ruby & Colosseum. I trade them back to FireRed as I wasn't sure if their bio would say 'from Kanto'. After sending them to HeartGold via Pal Park, they both showed 'from Kanto'. After adding the ribbons I mentioned, they are now from 'Mystery Zone' ingame.

I didn't earn all of the ribbons shown, I tried to understand the issue. So one Gastly only has Gen 3 ribbons, while the other has all legal ribbons.

092 - GASTLY - FD6B424A58D9 - Only Gen 3 Ribbons.pk4 092 - GASTLY - D2DE7BE9EFA6 - All Ribbons.pk4

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Are the ribbons the only change you did? Do you have any unedited copies?

Yea only the ribbons.

Well I would select the Pokemon to edit, then after making changes I would set elsewhere so it creates a copy. Once I finished and it still had a green tick, I would then set over the original and delete the copy. I'm quite new to PkHex, is that right?

1 hour ago, Malhakai said:

Yea only the ribbons.

Well I would select the Pokemon to edit, then after making changes I would set elsewhere so it creates a copy. Once I finished and it still had a green tick, I would then set over the original and delete the copy. I'm quite new to PkHex, is that right?

Yes and no. You should keep a safe backup elsewhere before all the edits. Else you shouldn’t set over your one and only Pokémon.

what ribbons did you try to give them?

12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yes and no. You should keep a safe backup elsewhere before all the edits. Else you shouldn’t set over your one and only Pokémon.

what ribbons did you try to give them?

I'll do that in future thank-you! 

Originally I tried the Battle Frontier Ribbons that require online to complete. Multi Ability Ribbon, Pair Ability Ribbon & World Ability Ribbon. When they changed location from 'Kanto' to 'Mystery Zone', I then started testing.

On a pokemon with no ribbons to begin with, I gave all of Gen 3 ribbons which resulted in 'Mystery Zone'. I then tried adding just contest only ribbons, same result. When I undo the changes I've made, it doesn't change back to 'Kanto'. I am finding that anything I do regarding ribbons leads to the same result, changing from 'Kanto' to 'Mystery Zone'. 

I was curious if this would still happen if I use PkHex on a later generation game, like Black as an example. There isn't a lot of info online about 'Mystery Zone', but it does seem to be a gen 4 thing. 

3 hours ago, AlamosIT said:

I think the problem is you gave them a "mix" of gen 3 and 4 contest ribbons. If you give (for example) all gen 3 smart ribbons to this Gardevoir it is correctly displayed as "from Hoenn"

I don't really understand the mix thing. But, removing the ribbons from the mons do make them say they came "from Hoenn", And adding ribbons to the ones that had 0 ribbons also fixes their location.

I did a full search of my files and I have a lot of "Mystery Zone" mons, the majority being from the GC games and then a couple of event mons so they all have multiple ribbons which I guess is the cause of all this.