Jump to content

PKHeX 21.08.06


ReignOfComputer
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

That's very nice!

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

The way they appear changes based on language byte (...)
Writing an OT to the egg in current stable PKHeX doesn't stick. (...)

Yes, so regarding the comparison between SARA and SARA, perhaps what we see in the picture is the value that addresses the character in the font map.

So, hypothetically speaking, a full-width “S” stands as FF in the Japanese character map.
And the regular “S” stands as FF in the English character map.
However, if you enter a regular “S” in the Japanese character map, it doesn’t stick because it’s different than the fullwidth character “S”.

When you change the PKM region to JPN, an OT name in “fullwidth text”* is expected; if you enter a name with the “standard text” you get an error. The error being “name is to short”.

I can switch my keyboard input in the computer, so then I edited the OT “writing in Japanese” (that was my workaround). I did not have to change the name with the hex editor.

So, the name sticks if you employ (for example) Japanese input, this is why I suggested updating the error message from “name is to short” to “use asian encoding”. When I entered the name using fullwidth characters the error was gone, it also was gone when you hex-edited the file because you assigned the correct S “via code”.

BTW, I didn’t know the OT name wasn’t there until you asked for the OT name. I did not delete it, I saved the PKM egg using standard characters so you could see “the bug”. Interestingly, I changed the name to “Neko” but the file was saved with data from my sav file (hence the “utr” characters you pointed before).

*(which I have been calling “Asian text” or “Asian encoded text”).

Thank you both for the great replies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hide said:

BTW, I didn’t know the OT name wasn’t there until you asked for the OT name. I did not delete it, I saved the PKM egg using standard characters so you could see “the bug”. Interestingly, I changed the name to “Neko” but the file was saved with data from my sav file (hence the “utr” characters you pointed before).

Yeah the OT name was missing. I'm wondering if it is a remnant from you trying to change the OT name or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...