Pokémon Mystery Gift Editor (v1.4.3) (now with B/W support!)

Grovyle91

Stopping the Windows XP support is a bad idea IMO.

But as long as the program works as it should, I'd be okay with that.

What he really isn't supporting in Luna, probably because it's so much different then Aero and he's going for a very specific look. At any rate he said he'd do his best to correct non-trivial bugs (ie not the occasional misaligned element) so it's a non-issue.

What he really isn't supporting in Luna, probably because it's so much different then Aero and he's going for a very specific look. At any rate he said he'd do his best to correct non-trivial bugs (ie not the occasional misaligned element) so it's a non-issue.

Yeah, that's the way I should've put it.

Vista and 7 render my custom theme in WPF a lot better than XP. The functions still work in Windows XP, only the theme may be worse in XP than in Vista/7. As long the text is readable, it should be fine.

I think you can better warn everyone before than explain everything afterwards.

If the text is misaligned, try to grab the Segoe UI font from somewhere and install it. Windows XP doesn't have this font by default, but MGE does use it.

I had a small question to ask, what version of Mono Framework will I need to use your 1.4 Beta on Mac OSX?

Hmm... I've no experience with Mono. However, here you'll find the compatibility list: http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility.

For information:

v1.4 beta 3 uses .NET Framework 2.0 WinForms (apparently supported)

v1.4 final uses .NET Framework 4.0 WPF (not supported)

I love the new layout and all. It's really looking great :D.

I'm running it on windows XP and haven't encountered any problems at all.

If anyone is having any problems, just download .Net Framework 4.0. Something else I did was go into properties and run it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. I don't know if that has changed anything, but it looks perfect and not a bug to be found as of yet :D.

Once again, great program :).

Hey Grovyle, just posting to let you know that we've done a massive update to the wonder card map.

new stuff:

Static/Dynamic Hometown

Static/Dynamic Language

Static/Dynamic PIDs

Static/Dynamic Natures

Static/Dynamic IVs

Primary Card Ribbon

Secondary Ribbons Set

Static/Dynamic gender

Static/semi-static/dynamic ability

IsEgg (Manaphy Egg) Flag

Egg Met Location

Contest Stats

OT Gender

OTSID

Card Ribbon

stuff you should know about

Secondary Ribbon Set is different than known sets (01 Country, 02 National, 03 C+N, etc)

And the ability region may have a special "set ability", but Wondercards should never have 100% hacked abilities :P

I love the new layout and all. It's really looking great :D.

I'm running it on windows XP and haven't encountered any problems at all.

If anyone is having any problems, just download .Net Framework 4.0. Something else I did was go into properties and run it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. I don't know if that has changed anything, but it looks perfect and not a bug to be found as of yet :D.

Once again, great program :).

Great to hear that! :D

Thanks!

Hey Grovyle, just posting to let you know that we've done a massive update to the wonder card map.

new stuff:

Static/Dynamic Hometown

Static/Dynamic Language

Static/Dynamic PIDs

Static/Dynamic Natures

Static/Dynamic IVs

Primary Card Ribbon

Secondary Ribbons Set

Static/Dynamic gender

Static/semi-static/dynamic ability

IsEgg (Manaphy Egg) Flag

Egg Met Location

Contest Stats

OT Gender

OTSID

Card Ribbon

stuff you should know about

Secondary Ribbon Set is different than known sets (01 Country, 02 National, 03 C+N, etc)

And the ability region may have a special "set ability", but Wondercards should never have 100% hacked abilities :P

So I noticed. Hmm... I need to come with a better lay out. There are many new values in the map.

Also, I've been working on something else for the past few days. I managed to create an hex editor control. This control works side-by-side with the already known values, so if you edit something (both the textboxes and the hex editor itself) it updates the lay out completely. Though it's beta as well, it works at my side so far.

It would be awesome if I can add B/W save file support. Until then I'll keep updating the decrypted MG variant.

So... very soon you can expect an update.

Grtzz!!

Hi! :)

well i have a problem

when i want to load the .sav file on the software it shows me:

problemazg.jpg

how can i fix that??

Duh, it has to be a 512KB file (you had a 520KB file). You gotta have the right file size. Look into whatever program you got that save from to get it to spit out a 512KB.

Answer to below: You have to export it as a RAW save via file export backup memory.

You really shouldn't be asking "why can't I get the correct save size from a program"

Duh, it has to be a 512KB file (you had a 520KB file). You gotta have the right file size. Look into whatever program you got that save from to get it to spit out a 512KB.

recently i had a 512Kb file but the shows me the same error

I play Soulsilver on Desmule

Any help?

desmume saves as 513k .dsv files, not 512k. open it in pokegen and re-save and it will be the right size.

e: you were playing in no$gba at some point, right? that's why your save was 520/521k.

THX!! :D

i downloaded the pokegen and i save it...and then i opened it with Pk mistery gif editor :D

THX :D

Great job on this new version, Grovyle91... it's amazing how quickly people are mapping out the structure of Gen V data. I need to look around other sections of the board more often, to see if there's any info on new Hometown data and whatnot as that could provide a hint of future Gen V games or RSE remakes, if they're in the cards.

I'm confident that by the time the B&W English release rolls around, we'll have versions of this and other tools that will enable people to obtain Mystery Gifts as easily as we've managed in Gen IV.

Great job on this new version, Grovyle91... it's amazing how quickly people are mapping out the structure of Gen V data. I need to look around other sections of the board more often, to see if there's any info on new Hometown data and whatnot as that could provide a hint of future Gen V games or RSE remakes, if they're in the cards.

I'm confident that by the time the B&W English release rolls around, we'll have versions of this and other tools that will enable people to obtain Mystery Gifts as easily as we've managed in Gen IV.

no new hometown data that i could find. everything from 01(hoenn - sapphire) to 21(Isshu - pokemon white) still obviously works, but i tried quite a few random values between 22 and FF and got nothing. 00 is "current game".

e: 5th gen mystery gifts are already easy to move around between games. no pcd/pgt either, just pgf. pokesav .06a/b does it and i'm sure this will soon.

e: if there were 3rd gen remakes, they would probably show up as "faraway place" in these games anyway.

Edited by Bond697

I downloaded 1.4 final but can't open it for some reason. I do have the required framework and can't find the reason why it won't open. The beta versions all work fine on my pc. When I try to open the final version nothing happens at all. Anyone that can help me?

Found the answer myself already:

The readme said this: In order to run this program, .NET Framework 3.0 or higher must be installed on the machine (Windows XP SP2 or higher).

While the first post mentions that you need 4.0. I downloaded that and now it works fine.

@Grovyle: thanks for your hard work! Great program!