Help with getting 3rd gen event tickets to gba cartridge.

Hello, I have all of my 3rd gen games (Mostly EUR some US) which have unfortunately been wiped with the event saves on them. 
I am trying to somehow put the tickets for those ingame event on my gba’s - eon ticket, old sea map, navel rock, the deoxys one etc. 

Could anyone please help me how would I go about doing it and what would be the hardware needed? Sorry for the newb question but I am completely new to injecting etc. I just want the tickets so that I can farm those event pokemon shiny... I understand that I could probably do it by having 2 gba’s + link cable / wireless adapter and an flash gba card with the distro rom loaded on it, is this correct? Would it work for all of the events? Is there any easier way? 

Appreciate any help.

@Ekkyes we have a tutorial regarding extracting gba saves from the cart.

Once that is done, I can teach you how to import the events into those saves.

Finally, using the same tool as mentioned in the tutorial above, you can inject those modified saves.

edit: And Yes, you can use 2 GBA and a distro, provided you have a distro or a flashcart to load the distro on.
Alternatively you can use said flashcart to distribute wonder cards from Gen 3 games too.
(their save will need modified wonder cards that allow distribution)

Thank you so very much! I’ll be ordering the r4 cart right now and I’ll reply on this topic once again when I have it in hand with the save backed up. Looking forward to progress on this! 
once again thanks a lot!

16 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Is there R4 for GBA? I legitimately don't know.

In any case, you'll need a GBA flashcart for GBA games.
GBA Distros (distributions carts), or alternatively a standard GBA Pokémon game distributing modified event tickets, are both GBA games.

The R4 when used with a ds phat or lite can be used to extract savedata from games inserted in slot 2 using "savegame_manager_0.3.0.RC1"(I don't see it listed in the downloads, i'll upload it now)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delta Blast Burn said:

The R4 when used with a ds phat or lite can be used to extract savedata from games inserted in slot 2 using "savegame_manager_0.3.0.RC1"(I don't see it listed in the downloads, i'll upload it now)

tho I think the OP is planning to use the flashcart to load another Pokemon game to distribute movie tickets.

If that is the purpose, GBA flashcart is necessary.

Tho if editing the save of an existing pokemon game to do the distribution, I suppose NDS R4 is also needed.

I guess what's important, is the OP must clearly spell which option they're going for, in order for us to give accurate information :)

Thank you so much for the extensive info. After reading you initial reply I thought that editing the savefile itself on the Pc by adding the tickets to it would be easier than the alternative. As for the legitimacy of the process I only really want the event pokemon to be with my OT and don’t really need to transfer the actual tickets through a link cable / adapter as it would be done at a legit event. 

So as of right now I have ordered a r4 gold cart for the 3ds and a r4 sdhc nds lite cart to do the trick. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ekkyes said:

Thank you so much for the extensive info. After reading you initial reply I thought that editing the savefile itself on the Pc by adding the tickets to it would be easier than the alternative. As for the legitimacy of the process I only really want the event pokemon to be with my OT and don’t really need to transfer the actual tickets through a link cable / adapter as it would be done at a legit event. 

So as of right now I have ordered a r4 gold cart for the 3ds and a r4 sdhc nds lite cart to do the trick. 

Yeah none of the R4 carts can play GBA games, but yeah R4 + NDS lite should be able to get you your GBA save file.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah none of the R4 carts can play GBA games, but yeah R4 + NDS lite should be able to get you your GBA save file.

That is great to hear since I own a few NDS lites but only one GBA atm. I’ll make sure to post again once I receive the r4 and have my save backed up to ask about injecting the actual event tickets. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi there, i just got an EZ Flash omega flash cart and was having trouble figuring out how or where to get the roms for the Gen 3 events (mystic ticket, TRU mew, Eon ticket, etc) onto the flash cart. Would someone be able to guide me or help me out? I don't know if im looking in the wrong spot.

3 hours ago, BP82890 said:

Hi there, i just got an EZ Flash omega flash cart and was having trouble figuring out how or where to get the roms for the Gen 3 events (mystic ticket, TRU mew, Eon ticket, etc) onto the flash cart. Would someone be able to guide me or help me out? I don't know if im looking in the wrong spot.

What you are asking falls under piracy and against this forums rules.

38 minutes ago, Poke J said:

What you are asking falls under piracy and against this forums rules.

Thank your for that. I am new to these forums and did not realize that my question fell under that category. Is there a proper way of accessing these old events in gen 3 and if so, how do i go about getting these wonder cards onto my old games without pirating them using the EZ flash Cart?

7 hours ago, BP82890 said:

Thank your for that. I am new to these forums and did not realize that my question fell under that category. Is there a proper way of accessing these old events in gen 3 and if so, how do i go about getting these wonder cards onto my old games without pirating them using the EZ flash Cart?

There are a few options you can use to add these Wonder Cards to your games.

1) If you have a method of dumping your save use this application. 

2) If you don't have the means to dump your save, but you have a hacked Wii use the application from above and this save dumper for the Wii. https://github.com/suloku/gba-link-cable-dumper

3) If you have a hacked Wii you could also use this Homebrew application to add them to your games without dumping the saves. https://github.com/suloku/gba-link-cable-dumper/releases/tag/0.1