Sign in to follow this  
JollyBlue

Question regarding ban risks using PKHeX

we know that nobody is an employee of game freak or Nintendo, but what kind of risk is there for using pkhex?
removed online from account? (so if i have another internet account on the switch can i use it?)
ban of the switch in general so goodbye online from this console?
when you write the word "but ban" with pkhex, what do you mean?

... as long as you're not stupid when doing save editing, then no "punishment" will ever happen. All PkHex does is edit the save file, primarily individual Pokemon's files, which are always changing (via trades, training, breeding, releasing, Events, etc) and are expected for changes to occur.
The game isn't constantly checking every Pokemon in your collection going "ooh, gonna catch me a hacker today!" like all the foolish paranoia seems to believe (and has believed since Gen 1) and when you go online only certain things trigger a Check and only on the Pokemon you are actively using in that activity (and not all activities online trigger it either).
As it is, about the worst you should ever suffer for using PkHex is if you store two+ Pokemon into the same Pokemon Home storage that have the same Home ID (which normally shouldn't ever happen short of duplicating a Pokemon that has ALREADY been in Home at any time) then all but one of those Pokemon with that number will be deleted.

Unless you go to a sanctioned event, then you could get banned from the event for using a Pokemon that is Not Legal (ie: Legal is any Pokemon that can exist from regular gameplay regardless of what hoops you'd have to jump through and sheer luck to obtain).

Getting account-banned on Nintendo Switch is not easy to achieve as far as my experience goes. In short, just don't be stupid (lots of homework!) and you should be fine.

43 minutes ago, jariesuicune said:

... as long as you're not stupid when doing save editing, then no "punishment" will ever happen. All PkHex does is edit the save file, primarily individual Pokemon's files, which are always changing (via trades, training, breeding, releasing, Events, etc) and are expected for changes to occur.
The game isn't constantly checking every Pokemon in your collection going "ooh, gonna catch me a hacker today!" like all the foolish paranoia seems to believe (and has believed since Gen 1) and when you go online only certain things trigger a Check and only on the Pokemon you are actively using in that activity (and not all activities online trigger it either).
As it is, about the worst you should ever suffer for using PkHex is if you store two+ Pokemon into the same Pokemon Home storage that have the same Home ID (which normally shouldn't ever happen short of duplicating a Pokemon that has ALREADY been in Home at any time) then all but one of those Pokemon with that number will be deleted.

Unless you go to a sanctioned event, then you could get banned from the event for using a Pokemon that is Not Legal (ie: Legal is any Pokemon that can exist from regular gameplay regardless of what hoops you'd have to jump through and sheer luck to obtain).

Getting account-banned on Nintendo Switch is not easy to achieve as far as my experience goes. In short, just don't be stupid (lots of homework!) and you should be fine.

thanks for the excellent explanation.
what do you mean by stupid save editing???
I don't have home and I will always do pokemon with track all 0 for my friends

On 2/28/2020 at 2:43 AM, JollyBlue said:

thanks for the excellent explanation.
what do you mean by stupid save editing???
I don't have home and I will always do pokemon with track all 0 for my friends

Stupid save editing = Have pokemon with abilities they cant learn, give them attacks they dont learn, have them have more than 508evs etc. as long as pkhex tells you legal, you are good to go. 

ok thanks, I don't do those things, so I should be calm ... I give everyone 510 EVS but I have never had any problems and all the pokemon are marked as LEGAL (except toxtricity modest melody form that I have changed with mint legally in the game but which pkhex detects as not legal)

but sorry, say I am being fooled into putting skills that I shouldn't or doing other fools, what risk?

Most likely the mons will just not be able to enter any online battles or trading and are not able to be transferred onto home (and if they do, they turn into a bad egg).

I have never ever heard of someone getting banned for having hacked mons.