Well guess what Ash is.....

pokemonfan

Timmy Turner and the one kid from Rugrats were both voiced by Tara Strong. She does a lot of voice acting for characters of either gender (not that she does Ash).

i do believe that the person who did t.t. also did raven on teen titans :kikkoman:

What about that girl he hangs with?

Could that skirt be any higher?

You mean Hikari/Dawn. She's voiced by a female in all incarnations, which is kind of... obvious.

It can, by the way.

Veronica was decent, in a consistent sort of way. Her voice acting was natural. Sarah has had a rocky start, and still does enough slip-ups to merit 'inconsistency'. Sometimes, she even does better than Taylor, but for the part, I'd rather Taylor than her.

I have never had a problem with Rica's voice acting, but then again, I could say the same for any number of Japanese VAs.

It's still sad to hear Ash's voice now because he's got to be like 20 now....
^Seriously. And yet they still don't show him age in the show.

Are you two new to serial fiction?

It's extremely common for fictional universes to take place in a reality where time passes slowly, making characters essentially "ageless." Franchises that have been around much longer than Pokemon do this: Spider-Man (or any number of legacy superheroes), James Bond, The Simpsons, and many more.

What about Pikachu? Other than it being a ridiculous Pokémon. One day it can beat a Dragonite and the next it can't beat an Eevee.

Yeah, it is very plot device-ey. But the same can be said about most Pokemon on the show.

But I'd much rather have a Pokemon who fluctuates in terms of power rather than one that OHKOs everything.

*laughs*

I can't believe you just asked me that.

I understand the fact that a lot of shows make characters ageless....the fact is, when pokemon began, they specifically said that in order to become a trainer, you had to be Ten. Well, the series began when Ash turned ten, right?

It would only make sense that Ash would be older than he is...it's not like he's gone through all these adventures in a year. That would be impossible. Even five years would make sense, but we don't even know how much time has flown throughout the past several years of the anime.

What about Pikachu? Other than it being a ridiculous Pokémon. One day it can beat a Dragonite and the next it can't beat an Eevee.

Ugh. It beat Regice too! I'm so angry... and guess what it lost to...

A. LITTLE. ELEKID.

Yeah, an Elekid! And I realized something else... Ash's Pikachu NEVER beat any member of the Electabuzz family. I'm being serious... so to beat electrics you use electrics. I see what they're trying to say...

Now THIS is the BEST video ever for showing Pikachu for what he really is... check it out.

I understand the fact that a lot of shows make characters ageless....the fact is, when pokemon began, they specifically said that in order to become a trainer, you had to be Ten. Well, the series began when Ash turned ten, right?

Other shows have events that indicate a certain age too. For example, Bart and Lisa are always in the same grade (except for a handful of stories where they get moved up or down for the plot). And the Simpsons have been on much longer than Pokemon has, even having characters die (and stay dead) and even contain references to current and historical events.

It would only make sense that Ash would be older than he is...it's not like he's gone through all these adventures in a year.

While I agree, *officially he's still 10 and the anime creators haven't indicated anything otherwise*, even giving a generous episode=1 day assumption**, it's still only 591 episodes to date. That can easily fit into a bit under 2 years. So he hasn't even hit 12 yet.

**Yes, I know, some 2-3 episode arcs are said to take place over a number of weeks, like the initial voyage to Brock's Gym in Kanto. But other 2-3 episode arcs take place all in one day. So having 1 day=1 episode is just for the sake of the argument. And I'm not counting movies since their place in continuity, if in continuity at all, is debatable except for movie #1.

Ugh. It beat Regice too! I'm so angry... and guess what it lost to...

A. LITTLE. ELEKID.

Yeah, an Elekid! And I realized something else... Ash's Pikachu NEVER beat any member of the Electabuzz family. I'm being serious... so to beat electrics you use electrics. I see what they're trying to say...

Now THIS is the BEST video ever for showing Pikachu for what he really is... check it out.

So that's what splash looks like! Kidding.

Awesome video though. It irks me seeing it though, cause like you said it beat a legendary but gets whooped on by a Magikarp...

It hurts to remind myself it is indeed a kids cartoon, but I'm suprised it still survives in the US/EU when they compete with all this American anime that's now 'all the rage'. In saying that, French anime takes the cake of what I dislike most but that's not the point.

Pikachu gets whooped by a Magikarp, but it's tears can bring a boy from stone to flesh again.

Wow.