Jump to content
Kaphotics

pkNX: Nintendo Switch ROM Editor & Randomizer

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, sora10pls said:

The same way you edit all other encounters...

I did what I did and ended up with a pokemon sword xci file, I extracted it but pknx didn't show IoA encounters. I also tried updating it (+ adding dlc) using NSCB but when I extracted it I got nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Spent an ungodly amount of time trying to get pkNX to work for Pokemon Lets Go Eevee. I will create a condensed version of events of what I've done so far:
Downloaded latest pkNX

Dragged xci file onto hactool (should be noted that the xci file only had the base game, and that I updated it to version 1.0.2 with an nsp update file on my switch), and then selected the largest folder for pkNX (contains romfs /exfs)

Got the ecounter.data.e/p files and pasted them in the flatbuffer folder. Then I transfered encounter.data.e file onto the bin2json.bat file

Did all my pokemon editing in the program (lets assume I didn't fuck that up)

Saved everything

Got my new romfs folder that has all the right folders in it (the pathing is correct) (I also didn't copy the original romfs folder but rather the one that pkNX created with the patched files).

I copy that into F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs (looks identical to the tut I followed)

This is where shit hits the fan and I don't no where the error is:

Tut says to drag the ecounter.data.e.bin file on to json2bin.dat file, this intuitively doesn't make sense (you'd think it would be the ecounter.data.e.json file that you drag onto that). Regardless, I did as the tut said. I then copied the encounter.data.e.bin file into the atmosphere folder F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs\bin\field\param\encount

Boot up my switch with Hekate 5.3.2, launch emuMMC, try to boot Pokemon Eevee for it to say it's corrupted. I then got the new acid sigpatches which I found on online and now the game boots in hekate but no mods. I installed "simplemodmanager" and installed the mods through there as well but still nothing when I boot up the game. Whenever I re-edit my mod files that are in the patched folder they always show up as modified. I really don't know where I screwed up.



I've watched this tut several times and it's very in-depth, I didn't miss any steps and I've reinstalled Eevee several times with no avail.  Currently have a mix of the latest version of atmosphere with some deepsea files in there as well.



Notes: Game boots with fuse as well(but no mods). I have never used LayeredFS before and I can't find much information on the new version of it. It seems to be an embedded feature of atmosphere of which I have the latest version, but if there are separate files or if it needs to be turned on then that could be my problem but I can't find any info on that. Any help would be appreciated, I've easily spent 10+ hours trying to get this shit to work and I don't want to give up at this point but I have nothing left to try.

Edited by extraginger
Added some extra details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need some help as well, I got the latest version of pkNX that worked for me (it's from 2020) and extracted a pokemon sword xci file (which I updated using NSCB) but I can't use pkNX to access IoA encounters. It's woth noting that the extraction gave me as an output 2 separate folders - one that matches the base game XCI by size and another that matches the update NSP but only contained ExeFS files. I thought that maybe I should merge them somehow but I don't know how - can anyone help me/tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I used the following guide for all that https://youtu.be/CcCqW6jR64k only with a pokemon sword XCI that I updated using this guide: https://youtu.be/SNPRvzgKZpY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, extraginger said:

I updated it to version 1.0.2 with an nsp update file on my switch

We don't support any piracy here; dump contents from your own console. On top of this, your build of pkNX is severely outdated.

1 hour ago, NatureGuy45 said:

I need some help as well, I got the latest version of pkNX that worked for me (it's from 2020) and extracted a pokemon sword xci file (which I updated using NSCB) but I can't use pkNX to access IoA encounters. It's woth noting that the extraction gave me as an output 2 separate folders - one that matches the base game XCI by size and another that matches the update NSP but only contained ExeFS files. I thought that maybe I should merge them somehow but I don't know how - can anyone help me/tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I used the following guide for all that https://youtu.be/CcCqW6jR64k only with a pokemon sword XCI that I updated using this guide: https://youtu.be/SNPRvzgKZpY

Read the second post on this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sora10pls said:

Read the second post on this thread.

I did, but I have a problem doing that (won't work for some reason and I tried everything). Is there anything I can use to merge the NSP with the XCI on my PC and then extract them without getting them separated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 3:46 AM, extraginger said:

Hey guys,

Spent an ungodly amount of time trying to get pkNX to work for Pokemon Lets Go Eevee. I will create a condensed version of events of what I've done so far:
Downloaded latest pkNX

Dragged xci file onto hactool (should be noted that the xci file only had the base game, and that I updated it to version 1.0.2 with an nsp update file on my switch), and then selected the largest folder for pkNX (contains romfs /exfs)

Got the ecounter.data.e/p files and pasted them in the flatbuffer folder. Then I transfered encounter.data.e file onto the bin2json.bat file

Did all my pokemon editing in the program (lets assume I didn't fuck that up)

Saved everything

Got my new romfs folder that has all the right folders in it (the pathing is correct) (I also didn't copy the original romfs folder but rather the one that pkNX created with the patched files).

I copy that into F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs (looks identical to the tut I followed)

This is where shit hits the fan and I don't no where the error is:

Tut says to drag the ecounter.data.e.bin file on to json2bin.dat file, this intuitively doesn't make sense (you'd think it would be the ecounter.data.e.json file that you drag onto that). Regardless, I did as the tut said. I then copied the encounter.data.e.bin file into the atmosphere folder F:\atmosphere\contents\01001B7003A36000\RomFs\bin\field\param\encount

Boot up my switch with Hekate 5.3.2, launch emuMMC, try to boot Pokemon Eevee for it to say it's corrupted. I then got the new acid sigpatches which I found on online and now the game boots in hekate but no mods. I installed "simplemodmanager" and installed the mods through there as well but still nothing when I boot up the game. Whenever I re-edit my mod files that are in the patched folder they always show up as modified. I really don't know where I screwed up.



I've watched this tut several times and it's very in-depth, I didn't miss any steps and I've reinstalled Eevee several times with no avail.  Currently have a mix of the latest version of atmosphere with some deepsea files in there as well.



Notes: Game boots with fuse as well(but no mods). I have never used LayeredFS before and I can't find much information on the new version of it. It seems to be an embedded feature of atmosphere of which I have the latest version, but if there are separate files or if it needs to be turned on then that could be my problem but I can't find any info on that. Any help would be appreciated, I've easily spent 10+ hours trying to get this shit to work and I don't want to give up at this point but I have nothing left to try.

You are following a old tutorial , encounters should just be able to be opened and edited without moving the json files 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The .bin of my old edits wont work obviously, is there a way to copy those edits over into the bin without having to hex edit? Or do I have edit everything all over again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shin Atomoz said:

The .bin of my old edits wont work obviously, is there a way to copy those edits over into the bin without having to hex edit? Or do I have edit everything all over again? 

Maybe I didn't understand you correctly but have you tried just replacing the files in the updated bin with the ones you already edited?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The file sizes are different. I compared them before I moved the old one. If the old file works, then cool. But there are more pokemon forms this time so I figure the data would just shifted if I used it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi im new to this but ive followed the steps on how to dump and edit the file but i have a problem when i try randomizing the moveset for when they learn my pkNX keeps crashing everything else works perfectly. so i skipped those other than that when i start pokemon sword it says gmae error.

Edited by Frosty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of having the 'Move Stats' editor added in similar to the one from pk3DS? I know a few others have asked but I haven't found any answer addressing it, so was curious if it is even planned on being implemented sometime. Nice tool so far otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2020 at 6:32 AM, Dreepy said:

Any chance of having the 'Move Stats' editor added in similar to the one from pk3DS? I know a few others have asked but I haven't found any answer addressing it, so was curious if it is even planned on being implemented sometime. Nice tool so far otherwise.

Same.. please give us an answer, even if it is a negative one like "No I will never implement a move editor"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey so when I try to edit certain team rosters on the trainer editor and save them the game reset them back to what they would usually have. Is there anyway to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...