Trade Evoultion Hack Check

Hello, it's me!

I'm trying to confirm if all trade evolution event pokemon that are not evolved, can be  considered illegitimate or not

Say for example, haunter is a trade evolve pokemon 

There are a total of 3 haunter events distributed up until gen 7 

All of these were distributed via local trade and none of them were holding eviolite during the distribution ( Even the information found at  bulbapedia about these events says that they evolve immediately after traded ) 

So its totally rational to assume that if a person has a trade evolution event mon in its pre-evo stage then it cannot be legit right??

( Whats weird is that pkhex shows these green checked as if they are legit even though they shouldn' be ? )

2 hours ago, TheObserverYouAlwaysWanted said:

I'm trying to confirm if all trade evolution event pokemon that are not evolved, can be  considered illegitimate or not

Say for example, haunter is a trade evolve pokemon 

There are a total of 3 haunter events distributed up until gen 7 

All of these were distributed via local trade and none of them were holding eviolite during the distribution ( Even the information found at  bulbapedia about these events says that they evolve immediately after traded ) 

So its totally rational to assume that if a person has a trade evolution event mon in its pre-evo stage then it cannot be legit right??

( Whats weird is that pkhex shows these green checked as if they are legit even though they shouldn' be ? )

Yes, they're illegal cause they should be evolved.

However, if the person who redeemed the trade event have yet to trade them, it wouldn't be evolved.
Granted, this scenario can technically only happen to the event staff, but who knows, maybe the event staff use PKHeX? It's correctly legal to them XD

On 10/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, theSLAYER said:

However, if the person who redeemed the trade event have yet to trade them, it wouldn't be evolved.

lol what do you mean by *redeem* the trade event? these weren't given out by serial codes so redeeming them would mean getting it from trading  and if so then how could it not evolve after trading without giving an eviolite? 

On 10/26/2018 at 3:27 PM, theSLAYER said:

Granted, this scenario can technically only happen to the event staff, but who knows, maybe the event staff use PKHeX? It's correctly legal to them XD 

These were distributed during 2013-14 in japan so its highly unlikely if any event staff would use pkhex ?

19 minutes ago, TheObserverYouAlwaysWanted said:

lol what do you mean by *redeem* the trade event?

I'm under the impression that someone had to collect the event (i.e. staff) THEN performed the trade.

20 minutes ago, TheObserverYouAlwaysWanted said:

if so then how could it not evolve after trading without giving an eviolite? 

1. The event wasn't supposed to be distributed with eviolite
2. Don't think there were any recorded instances of such

20 minutes ago, TheObserverYouAlwaysWanted said:

These were distributed during 2013-14 in japan so its highly unlikely if any event staff would use pkhex ?

We won't know for sure now, do we? XD

In any case I'll let @Kaphotics decide this ><

6 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Isn't it possible to stop evolution by pressing B? Or is that not possible with trade evolutions?

Either way It is possible that a person trades the necessary item to staff who then puts it on the Pokemon then trades.

not possible with trade evolutions.
Yeah, that happens if the person actually places the items etc.

PKHeX uses simulated wondercards for these local trade events.

The events gallery should instead change the faked data so that it's distributed as a Gengar instead (since there's no way to end up with Haunter after the trade is over). @Sabresite https://github.com/projectpokemon/EventsGallery/commit/f92d5a7a4828376af3f9d013501a513da636bb75

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

PKHeX uses simulated wondercards for these local trade events.

The events gallery should instead change the faked data so that it's distributed as a Gengar instead (since there's no way to end up with Haunter after the trade is over). @Sabresite https://github.com/projectpokemon/EventsGallery/commit/f92d5a7a4828376af3f9d013501a513da636bb75

Yeah I did that on purpose since the original wondercards (if we had them) would have been pre-evolved. I can make separate cards specifically for PKHex if it helps.

Just now, Kaphotics said:

That's fine, but be sure to put the species=Haunter ones in the Unreleased folder :)

Ah that is a good idea!

Note about legality for those finding this post: Strictly speaking, the only valid Pokemon are those redeemed by the staff. This includes specific PID/IVs, console/region/date information, and in Gen 6, the staff redemption memories. Generating your own will be easy to spot as fake. We also know they were redeemed and prepped ahead of time, so the date will most likely not match the day of the event.

• Like 1