Games: New Pokémon Wii Game to be Announced Soon

NewsBot

• Bot

Games: New Pokémon Wii Game to be Announced Soon

Posted on Sep 25th, 2009 06:57 PM by Fallen

<p>In the September issue of Famitsu magazine their is an interview with The Pokémon Company President, Tsunekazu Ishihara, which states that,<blockquote>I can’t go into details about it, but we’re also working on a Wii game. It should be announced soon.</blockquote>. As of right now that is all we have to go on. It is unknown if the game is just another WiiWare game or if it is in fact a new title such as <i>Pokémon Battle Revolution</i>.</p>

Read Full Article...

I hope it isn't a WiiWare game. We already have My Pokémon Ranch, Pokémon Rumble, and those three Mystery Dungeon games. All we have for the Wii is Pokémon Battle Revolution. A sequel with Pokémon Stadium-esque style gameplay is what I'm looking for (minigames, Gym Leader Castle, emulated

D/P/Pt/HG/SS with cool frames playing on the Wii, etc...). Keep the online, the graphics, the customizable characters (maybe add R/S Brendan and May, E Brendan and May, FR/LG Red and Leaf, D/P Lucas and Dawn, Pt Lucas and Dawn, and HG/SS Gold and Kotone character models, also rivals), and try to add in destructible enviroments and the dynamic cameras that they weren't able to include in Battle Revolution. What else should be included? Also, if it's a game based on Shadow Pokémon and/or Orre, I guess that's fine, too. I'm more of a Stadium guy, myself.

Edited by MACandCHEEZWIZ1
Correcting name of "Brenden" to "Brendan".

Well, I'm going to hold out some hope that it'll be a decent game... despite Pokemon's generally poor track record on non-portable systems. Given the recent release of Ss/Hg, I think a Wii release in the same spirit as N64's Stadium 2 is in order. And hopefully this game includes an actual storage system, because Ranch really doesn't cut it.

While I'd love a full 3-D Pokemon RPG, we all know that's not gonna happen.

I would really love a new Pokemon Battle Revolution type game, except improved graphics and sound. (like Pokemon actually using their cries) And other gameplay from battling Pokemon.

Or making Intimidate animation shorter, because 2 vs 2, and all Pokemon with intimidate, it takes soo long.

There's no other information on it, is there?

I'm kinda hoping for an MMORPG-style game, as well. . . but I don't think the WII would be able to do the whole MMO part.

Regardless, a more 3D-style RPG would be pretty cool. I wouldn't expect it to release for a long time, though.