Ninjhax/tvds pkhex

BlueBraviary

You might wanna think twice before buying that 2DS. Whichever 3DS of your's that you currently have Ironhax on, if you have anything on it that you do not want removed, the System Transfer process will remove everything from the source device. Also, remember that a single NNID cannot be used across multiple 3DSes, only with one Wii U.

Edit: In case you missed my point, Ironfall is no longer on the e-shop, so system transfer is the only way to get it onto a 2DS that you might buy. Also, idk about OoTHax, but Ironhax and Tubehax are actually Ninjhax running on Ironfall, Youtube, and now Smash Bros.

This 2DS I have right now with the Ironfall is the rental one. It doesn't have much games here besides Ironfall, Flipnote 3D (which I'm not sure if it's free or not?) & some demos, which are free anyways. Also it has empty eShop account as of now.

The 2DS which I currently own however has no Ironfall (knew it too late, after it was removed from eShop :( ), but I've already downloaded some important apps/games here such as Pokebank, Colors 3D, KORG M01D, etc... a year ago

If I do a system transfer from the one with Ironfall to the one without it, my other downloaded games/apps from my own 2DS will be deleted/overwritten right?

Will my own NNID account in my target system be deleted too? Sorry for this questions, I'm still a n00b about this system transfer thing.

I don't want my apps/games to be deleted (unless maybe if I can redownload them for free, which is acceptable), especially the expensive apps I got are KORG M01D & KORG DSN-12 (music-maker apps BTW).

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Target system Nnid will be overwritten with host and this unlinked. It's either one or the other.

As what I said in the beginning... it's better for me just to buy the 2DS with the Ironfall, because you can't just transfer the Ironfall to my main 2DS without having my apps/games permanently deleted.

And will also need a 2nd 2DS to transfer my Pokemon eggs and items, and trade evolutions between carts without the need to beg in the forums.

Got Tubehax on my own 2DS actually, but because of a mindset that Youtube will be patched on future updates, I'll just need Ironhax because it doesn't need internet unlike Tubehax.

As what I said in the beginning... it's better for me just to buy the 2DS with the Ironfall, because you can't just transfer the Ironfall to my main 2DS without having my apps/games permanently deleted.

And will also need a 2nd 2DS to transfer my Pokemon eggs and items, and trade evolutions between carts without the need to beg in the forums.

Got Tubehax on my own 2DS actually, but because of a mindset that Youtube will be patched on future updates, I'll just need Ironhax because it doesn't need internet unlike Tubehax.

It's much less likely that Google will patch their app, and much more likely that Nintendo will patch their firmware vulnerability. So, the primary thing you have to keep track of, is when Nintendo updates the system firmware. Even if the 3DS Youtube app does get updated, Google has no reason to bar people who haven't updated to the newest version, so you'll most likely be able to ignore the update. Also, since you've decided to buy the 2DS with Ironfall and you do not have your other personal apps on it, switch it to the Tubehax DNS, so that it will never be able to download new system firmware updates :D .

It's much less likely that Google will patch their app, and much more likely that Nintendo will patch their firmware vulnerability. So, the primary thing you have to keep track of, is when Nintendo updates the system firmware. Even if the 3DS Youtube app does get updated, Google has no reason to bar people who haven't updated to the newest version, so you'll most likely be able to ignore the update. Also, since you've decided to buy the 2DS with Ironfall and you do not have your other personal apps on it, switch it to the Tubehax DNS, so that it will never be able to download new system firmware updates :D .

It's only until December that I'll have the money to buy this 2DS x'D

BTW another question... In Tubehax, how do I choose again my firmware? Like for example my very first Tubehax "installation" was where I choose "OLD 9.9.something"...

Do I have to delete & re-download YouTube again to choose "OLD 10.0.something" ?

At the very first screen when starting youtube there is a button "change firmware version" at the top right of the bottom screen.

I tried pressing that button, but instead it just went to the homebrew instead of the firmware selection. Just wanted to select again the firmware to the correct one so the homebrew I'll be using is for 10.0.x

I tried pressing that button, but instead it just went to the homebrew instead of the firmware selection. Just wanted to select again the firmware to the correct one so the homebrew I'll be using is for 10.0.x

I may or may not have installed the updated Tubehax files, but, I just turn on Youtube, and wait for the Homebrew Launcher to load. I haven't had to change the firmware version to 10.0.0 yet.

same here...

Did you test tubehax even if you haven't changed the firmware selection to 10.0?

Is it safe too?

Yes, both Tubehax and Ironhax still have a chance to crash, tho. It's nothing harmful tho. On another note, it is really annoying that Nintendo does not allow individual software transfers. Google/Android allows account syncing across multiple devices, so Nintendo is being really backwards on this matter, in addition to them still region-locking their hardware.

On another note, it is really annoying that Nintendo does not allow individual software transfers. Google/Android allows account syncing across multiple devices, so Nintendo is being really backwards on this matter, in addition to them still region-locking their hardware.

Iwata did say half a year back or so that it is being considered for next gen consoles to not have a region lock anymore - but that is to be seen really.

Warning: there's a NEW system update available ( 10.1.0-27 ), and this one seems to block all Hax exploits at first.

Smealum said that just need to wait: he needs to update their payload for the new firmware first, so if you update your system, you will need to upload your Hax payloads too.

The best thing, for now, is to NOT update and wait. And follow Smea updates on Twitter about this subject.

https://twitter.com/smealum

So this new update blocks all hax? Someone from reddit says so: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3kzdaf/tubehax_blocked_on_101/

Or does only Tubehax work?

EDIT: Asked this before BTW at the previous pages... How do I re-install Tubehax? So that I can choose the correct firmware/version after updating. Because the last firmware I chose was "OLD 9.9.x", during the time before 10.0.x was out.

I didn't updated my 2DS yet, but when I use Tubehax, I keep pressing the button on the lower screen that says "Firmware Version".

Then now I'm able to choose 10.1.0.27 firmware now, if I want.

Since my 2DS isn't updated , choosing that option don't launch the Homebrew Channel. If/when I update the system, I'm assuming just choosing that option will be enough.

For the other Hax methods (Ironhax, OoThax, Smashhax), I need to wait until Smealum update their payloads.

For the other Hax methods (Ironhax, OoThax, Smashhax), I need to waint until Smealum update their payloads.

Exactly, and to all, mind you that at least oot3dhax downloads Smea's payload during the installation so I would assume that once the ironhax payload is updated it won't be long at all for oot3dhax to be updated. But if that is fully correct then it is safe to say that oot3dhax wont be updated before ironhax.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/643914493123166209

OK, now IronHax and Ninjhax can be used at 10.1.0.27 system version too :)

- delete your current Ironhax save on Ironfall

- download the new installer and put it on the homebrew folder on your 3DS' SD

- Open through TubeHax, access the HomeBrew Channel, then the new installer

- Install the new Ironhax save

- Now you can update your system version without problems.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/643914493123166209

OK, now IronHax and Ninjhax can be used at 10.1.0.27 system version too :)

- delete your current Ironhax save on Ironfall

- download the new installer and put it on the homebrew folder on your 3DS' SD

- Open through TubeHax, access the HomeBrew Channel, then the new installer

- Install the new Ironhax save

- Now you can update your system version without problems.

Nice. This should be stickied :P

BTW, how about Tubehax? How do I re-install it? (so I can re-choose the correct firmware)