10th Anniv events can be shiny?

I saw on the old forum some time ago it was possible to obtain shiny 10th anniv events from nintendo because some algorithm or something like that allowed it to be generated.

Sorry for sounding like a noob but is there an article about or can someone confirm it explaining how it happens or something?

Both Sabresite and myself have spoken with trustworthy people who attended the 10 ANIV events and saw someone around them obtain a shiny. Besides the fact that a pokemon can be shiny and still conform to the GBA event algorithm, that is all the evidence we have.

I contacted nintendo about this, and they haven't contacted me back yet. It's been a week now.

They will not contact you back, because they have no way of confirming anything themselves, and they do not care about someone little like you.

In regards to 3rd gen pokemon, the prevention of shinyness, and lack thereof is all over the place. Mattle Ho-oh can NEVER be shiny, while 10 aniv can be. Aura Mew can never be shiny, and the same is with PCNY and (probably) PCJP. Tanabata Jirachi can probably not be shiny, while wishmaker is still up in the air (some people have claimed they know someone who got one legit, while others have said they are not sure because the code is not available).

huh? Those shiny ones are there because we confirmed that it is possible to get a shiny 10 aniv.

Um... It's not. I'm posting the proof below. It comes straight from Pokemon Co.. :(

10 ANIV Pokemon cannot be shiny.

Michael Liesik

The Pokemon Company International

333 108th Ave NE Suite 1900

Bellevue, WA 98004

www.go-pokemon.com/op

E-MAIL NOTICE

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, use, disclosure or distribution by persons or entities other than the intended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ticket Details

===================

Ticket ID: OOO-483179

Sorry guys. It came straight from Pokemon Co., disproving the question. I realize this may be a bit of a blow for PP.org, but let's listen to Pokemon Co. ...

Btw, I don't like this at all. I really wanted to prove Secure wrong.

Um... It's not. I'm posting the proof below. It comes straight from Pokemon Co.. :(

Sorry guys. It came straight from Pokemon Co., disproving the question. I realize this may be a bit of a blow for PP.org, but let's listen to Pokemon Co. ...

Btw, I don't like this at all. I really wanted to prove Secure wrong.

Please forward that email to me, including the original email to casiopiauo [at] gmail [dot] com

I only ask because I sent emails to various individuals and departments at pokemon usa with no response.

I'd be glad to Sabresite. BTW, If you are THE Sabresite, the one who made the legality checker. I love your program man.

The email was just sent, feel free to delete your email from your last message.

Can you please also forward the original email? That would be great. I am also looking into getting into contact with Mike directly. I am glad someone responds to emails. I was contacting the corporate offices in New York, and they responded with "We do not have that information available, and we do not know who would. blah blah". They would tell me to email people, and I never got responses.

EDIT: Nevermind, you do not need to send me the email. I will get in contact with Michael myself. Thank you for the information.

Can you please also forward the original email? That would be great. I am also looking into getting into contact with Mike directly. I am glad someone responds to emails. I was contacting the corporate offices in New York, and they responded with "We do not have that information available, and we do not know who would. blah blah". They would tell me to email people, and I never got responses.

EDIT: Nevermind, you do not need to send me the email. I will get in contact with Michael myself. Thank you for the information.

Happy to help Sabre. Just name anything else I can help with. When we're all at peace, the world of Pokemon will be a better place.

I have removed the shiny 10 Anivs. I will await to hear from Michael with information regarding which events can be shiny.

its quite funny how some of us have known all along that the 10 anivs can't be shiny, but no one would ever listen, and now one pokemon company representative actually emails back to finally put the stupid shiny 10 anivs to rest. i like it a lot.

its quite funny how some of us have known all along that the 10 anivs can't be shiny, but no one would ever listen, and now one pokemon company representative actually emails back to finally put the stupid shiny 10 anivs to rest. i like it a lot.

Think about it, and you'll see that it's really not that funny/odd/whatever.

We don't listen to people we hardly know who can't provide evidence beyond "that's just how it is" or "it is because s/he said so". Seems pretty logical to me.

Maybe we should ask for Jeremy info.....lol.

Very interesting indeed. Secure said that the shines were hacked. I never believed them but it makes some sense now that we have possible confirmation.

Edited by Ellie

So the Shinies are fake?... Who were the 'trustworthy people' you spoke to that said there were shinies? Or is it just that you're not sure so you're removing just for the moment?

And I traded some of the shinies to my friends and said they were legal... X_X

Maybe I have to do some explaining...

This probably would not happen, if instead of uploading created by you, legal 10 ANIV shinies, you would simply upload the real ones (if they'd existed of course).

Making events/shinies with broken trash bytes anyone? Or maybe making 10 ANIVs using wrong algorithm, anyone? Everytime you claimed they are perfectly legal...

Maybe we should ask for Jeremy info.....lol.

Yes, I believe what Sabre meant is that he asked them about the 10 ANIV and especially other events/GBA events in general. Mike Liesik seems to be the only one knowledgeable/willing to help so hopefully we can get ahold of him personally.

So the Shinies are fake?... Who were the 'trustworthy people' you spoke to that said there were shinies? Or is it just that you're not sure so you're removing just for the moment?

They'll most likely be down for good. I don't know who Sabre spoke to, but yamipoli is the one who I spoke with. She's quite knowledgeable about some of the inner workings of the game and generally a good source of information... I believe many of the JEREMY pokemon you can find today were originally received by her.

This probably would not happen, if instead of uploading created by you, legal 10 ANIV shinies, you would simply upload the real ones (if they'd existed of course).

Making events/shinies with broken trash bytes anyone? Or maybe making 10 ANIVs using wrong algorithm, anyone? Everytime you claimed they are perfectly legal...

Your comment is dully noted and ignored. If we wanted to do that we'd probably make up some silly name like Secure and ban anyone thinking an independent thought.

Not to mention we just flat out wouldn't want to waste our time doing that.

exactly, it's always better to allow public to download hacks (not hacks obtained accidentally, but made purposely), while insisting on the fact, that they are legal... up to the point, where new facts surface, and then you make newer hacks, looking more legal.

Also, it's nice you come up with secure, while I'm not even a member of that silly site. I have my own mind. And yes, thanks too for ignoring my post, probably because it was simply stating sad facts, which happened in the past.