Modified CyberGadget 3DS Save Editor for use with PKHeX (Updated 10/25/2015).

SciresM

I'm experiencing a problem now. (It worked fine before and nothing has been modified. The gamefile works fine as well)

I don't know what to do. I'm trying to access the Advanced Mode and it gets stuck on the "Processing save data" for a while only to bring me this error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12147[/ATTACH]

The Japanese version is giving me the same message. :(

Can anyone confirm if there is a problem with the server at the moment?

@deebz: So your 3DSSaveBank directory is:

C:\Users\(Username)\Documents

Hm... where Cyber is stored shouldn't make a difference. Most (non-system) programs should run just fine from anywhere, so long as their components are kept relative to each other.

I just tested, and it worked fine from another location.

I do think that the error may have to do with the 3DSSaveBank though... that does seem to be the most likely problem, though why is the big question. Now, how to test that... merely moving the content folder (3DSSaveBank) shouldn't cause an issue, since it should just identify it as not-yet-written and just make a new empty folder.

So, could something have happened to mark that folder as read/write protected?

@Natsume: That is just you having connection issues on your end. I will confirm it's working for sure, for your comfort.

Also, if it weren't working, you wouldn't be able to even get that far in the program. (Without the servers, you couldn't do more than backup/restore saves)

It should also give a notification during the startup if it can't connect to the servers, since you see it accesses them right away.

They have not had any server issues that I know of since it started. Thus far, every report on here of someone having issues connecting have always been the user-end, often confirmed working by myself or others on the board.

@jariesuicune: This is odd! There are other people experiencing the same issue as me right now on this thread: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?45211-(CYBERGADGET)-Error-while-downloading-the-decrypted-save-HELP!

Also, I was able to access the editor shortly a moment ago and could then open my file in PKHeX but when I tried to save it I noticed how the overwriting process went way too fast and as I suspected it didn't save to the file as if it had lost connection while I was working in PKHeX. I tried to open the advanced mode again but the previous error returned and it's still there. I just find it strange that others are experiencing the same as me today.

I have experienced a similar thing one time before about a month ago where several others from here confirmed the servers to be down.

I'm worried now that you're saying it's all working, I think I might consider a reinstall. :/

UPDATE: I just reinstalled and the error unfortunately persists. :(

jariesuicune are you located in Japan by any chance? I'm hoping it's a minor issue that will soon be fixed, my worst fears are that they've implemented some regional block when trying to access their download servers. I hope not! :(

Ah... awkward timing for my previous reply. >_>;

As per startup, it is currently showing this update message, dated today, the 25th (in Japan):

日頃よりセーブエディターをご使用いただきまして誠にありがとうございます。

2月24日22時頃より現在にいたるまで、サーバートラブルによりセーブエディター2(3DS用)、セーブエディター(3DS用)がご使用できない状況が続いております。

現在、確認と復旧作業をおこなっておりますので、ご使用のお客様には大変ご迷惑をおかけ致しますが、今しばらくお待ち頂けますと幸いです。

In super-short: There is some server trouble, it's in progress.

So just hold on, things should be fine soon(-ish), at least as far as this particular issue goes.

Edit: As to your other question, sadly, no, I don't reside in Japan, nor ever been. Much as my dream would be to be there, happily married with an equally otaku wife, reading books together... -_-; Ah well.

Dreams aside, I have done some learning of Japanese (Kanji always bites me back though), so I'm fine importing things and can make efficient use of Google Translate (it's more an issue of mixing self-translation with the autmated system, than it simply being inaccurate).

Ah... awkward timing for my previous reply. >_>;

As per startup, it is currently showing this update message, dated today, the 25th (in Japan):

日頃よりセーブエディターをご使用いただきまして誠にありがとうございます。

2月24日22時頃より現在にいたるまで、サーバートラブルによりセーブエディター2(3DS用)、セーブエディター(3DS用)がご使用できない状況が続いております。

現在、確認と復旧作業をおこなっておりますので、ご使用のお客様には大変ご迷惑をおかけ致しますが、今しばらくお待ち頂けますと幸いです。

In super-short: There is some server trouble, it's in progress.

So just hold on, things should be fine soon(-ish), at least as far as this particular issue goes.

Edit: As to your other question, sadly, no, I don't reside in Japan, nor ever been. Much as my dream would be to be there, happily married with an equally otaku wife, reading books together... -_-; Ah well.

Dreams aside, I have done some learning of Japanese (Kanji always bites me back though), so I'm fine importing things and can make efficient use of Google Translate (it's more an issue of mixing self-translation with the autmated system, than it simply being inaccurate).

Ah, what a relief! :redface: Lol.... This makes me even more embarrassed since I am currently studying for a Japanese test and have lived in Japan. I was just prowling the CyberGadget site in search of news and then it's right in my face. <__< Must be stress levels! :bidoof: Haha. Thank you for finding that. I'll be sure to pay more attention to the startup screen from now on. >_<

Also, you must visit Japan! It's wonderful, really! :redface:

@jariesuicune,

Yea, that's where the folder is. I tried moving the 3DSSaveBank folder and like you said if you save it just creates a new folder. I also checked permissions and it has full privileges to read and write. I'm pretty much stumped at this point. The errors I'm getting are .NET errors though, and that root element issue could possibly be an issue with some XML file, but I have no idea where to look. It's really frustrating since it was working fine and then one day just stopped.

I don't know if this is notable or not because I don't know if it was possible before. If I plug my cartridge into the dongle and then insert the USB I can detect the "main" save file on the cartridge and open and edit it in PKHeX, but I can't export any of the changes without the Cyber gadget software. I'm trying everything I can think of to test regardless of how small it might seem.

Also, to tag on to what Natsune said about Japan, I went there for a trip about 5 years ago and had the best vacation I've ever had. I highly recommend going if you can!

@anyone else with this problem: What little I've noticed of these problems does seem to be for people on Windows 8 or newer... If anyone can provide further info as to the possibility of that, it would be much appreciated. I just can't test it myself at all, due to my avoiding (and not affording anyways) newer operating systems.

@deebz (and anyone else):

This is a hard spot. Let's see... A couple more thoughts:

-Have you tried installing the program to a different location? For no apparent reason, that may possibly fix it.

To be certain: Whenever you've reinstalled, you make sure that you completely remove all of it's files before installing?

-Your OS is Win8, right? If it's not a problem that can be fixed by reinstalling and there seems to be no directory issues or files missing/damaged (they shouldn't be after a fresh install), then there may have been a system update that is causing the issue...? I do doubt it, since I can't think of why that would be affected, but it could be possible for some reason.

I have WinVista currently, so can't look into anything like that myself, sorry. (I'd still be running Win2K, if there weren't so many things that are trying to make it totally unsupported.)

You may try looking through the system update history, and see if any updates occurred when the problems started.

Do you have an alternate computer, a laptop maybe? Something else to try it on and compare, especially if it has the same OS and up to date.

--A very last resort would be to fully reinstall the OS to reset absolutely everything ("when in doubt and have nothing to lose, total reset!" -Some nerds, often including me.) ... which I have to doubt you'd want to do, for various reasons. (If you do, be sure to back up everything you don't want to lose, of course.)

I really don't recommend this except as a total last resort, and only if you won't have any problems doing so. Many people rely on how they've gotten their system set up more than they may realize... (anytime I'm on a new system/reinstall, I spend the next several hours configuring things and reinstalling stuff until I can get it vaguely comfortable again... I hate getting into a newer OS. The newer it is, the longer it takes.)

And, thanks for the suggestion. I do hope to go someday, preferably one-way to stay if possible, but as it is... ah well. There's a lot of life to live anywhere.

Everything seems to be working fine.

They might have fixed it now.

Definitely not a region block.I live in Scotland and my one is working perfectly.

Also, my OS is Windows 7.

Like you Jarie, I tend to stay away from newer operating systems until I know for sure I actually like them. My wife's laptop is on windows 8 and I cant stand it lol.

I have an update! I don't know if anyone else was experiencing the same issue I had, and even though I still see the error I was able to get it to work. When you see the cartridge in the "Game List" box check the "Use Old Advanced Mode" button and right click on the game and go to the "Advanced Editor Mode". It will actually load the editor screen where you change one value like before and click "Apply", then you can save a backup and load the "main" file in PKHeX. I did a small test with generating a new mon and it's on my game now. The key to getting it to work was using the old advanced mode. Hopefully I can save headaches for anyone else who experiences this.

Well... yes and no. I still get the root element error I was getting before. The error I currently get prevents the updated advanced editor from working and gives a similar error to the root element one, however when I clicked on the "use old advanced editor" box before going to the editor I got it to come up. That old editor menu works like it always did, and yes I mean the backup/restore saves pop up. My issue is sort of resolved, but the caveat is that it has to be the old advanced editor and not the updated one. The bottom line is that I can edit my save again.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bother everyone, but I have a question. I looked around the thread and tried to Ctrl+F the error I got, but didn't see anyone with the same problem as I have.

Whenever I try to launch the program, be it its English or Japanese version, I get the same error:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Here's the rest of the error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
  at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
  at System.Decimal.Parse(String s)
  at DSSaveEditor.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at DSSaveEditor.MainForm.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
3DSSaveEditor
   Assembly Version: 2.3.5443.19283
   Win32 Version: 2.3.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/XXXX/Downloads/3DSSaveEditor_ja/3DSSaveEditor_ja.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
   Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5488 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Ionic.Zip
   Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8
   Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/XXXX/Downloads/3DSSaveEditor_ja/Ionic.Zip.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
   <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I've tried running it both as administrator and as a normal user, re-extracting the files, rebooting my router, making sure nothing else was using my internet connection, of course I've also tried restarting my computer... I can't get it to work. I can open the program by clicking "continue", but it doesn't recognize my game cartridge- I get a "no game cartridge inserted" error. I get the same error with the original program from the Cyber website. I haven't been able to get it to work at all, not even once.

What should I do?

Hm. Even if it seems repetitive, let's make sure of a couple basics that are very common to have wrong/issues:

-You are using the original hardware and software from the Cyber Editor 3DS package? (ie, not trying to use Powersaves or some other hardware)

-You have first installed the original Japanese Cyber Editor 3DS program, got it fully updated, then only after that moved the Modified Editor into the folder to use?

-You are certain you have the drivers for the Cyber Editor hardware installed?

-You are trying to use this with a Japanese Region cartridge?

-What is your Operating System? (Despite statements otherwise, this works worse the newer your OS. Which really does make sense, because it's not as easy as a 10-second fix to get programs set properly for the newest things. New OS are annoying to deal with.)

Running as Admin is always a good idea, due to Windows having annoying settings since XP...

As long as you have an active internet connection, then nothing off of your computer will be the issue. (Though, if you have something like PeerBlock or some other program for protection that may be blocking the data flow, that could cause an issue. Make sure it's not firewalled as well, though you should have been notified if that was the case.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have a question. I have the physical cyber gadget with the pkhex software, and the Japanese cart. I use Pokemon box or whatever it's called to upload the hacked Pokemon to the cloud, then I use my american cart and take them from the box to my game. This method isn't patched, right? Only the QRCode and the SD card methods are patched.

Due to the fact that Cyber is an external device directly accessing and editing the save on the card, how are they going to patch this? It doesn't use any hard/software on the 3DS console at any time...

Answer: they can't. They can change some parts of how the save works, but Cyber will just update to match the new method. (That has happened at least once already, though I doubt it was an anti-cheat thing in purpose). That's the power of an external cheat method.

Due to the fact that Cyber is an external device directly accessing and editing the save on the card, how are they going to patch this? It doesn't use any hard/software on the 3DS console at any time...

Answer: they can't. They can change some parts of how the save works, but Cyber will just update to match the new method. (That has happened at least once already, though I doubt it was an anti-cheat thing in purpose). That's the power of an external cheat method.

Sorry to come off as retarded, so you're saying that currently I can use pkhex and cyber gadget and I'm safe to update my firmware, I'll still be able to inject hackmons to the bank? Sorry again, I'm getting the vibes that you basically said its possible just checking because I'm thick-headed.

Nah, that's what helping people is about in the first place. I'm no expert myself, I just tinker around enough that I have a general understanding of a number of things ("jack of all trades master of maybe one...", that's pretty much me)

The system is pretty easy to use, but if you have any questions, go ahead and ask (though most things really should be pretty self-evident).

I do personally recommend just switching to importing and playing the Japanese console, as the Pokemon games can be played in English on Japanese systems (it's all-language for all regions) and then you have access to any Japan-exclusive games (most games, that is), and often get new releases before everyone else (such as Bravely Second, which just came out.

Japanese really isn't too hard to learn, if you just put in the basic effort.

• 1 month later...

hi

i have been getting the message "Error while downloading the decrypted save" for serveral days when i try to use advance mode. is there anything i can do to fix this?,is it the server issue?

message 250.jpg

i read this tread but it was long time ago,just wanna make sure what i supposed to do

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?45211-(CYBERGADGET)-Error-while-downloading-the-decrypted-save-HELP!

i'd be appreciate if anyone can help me

Update : sometime it's works ,sometime it's not

583dd047359dd_message250.jpg.25740af196f

Edited by kairyu

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem but it keeps doing the same thing for 4 days in a row.

I contacted tech support and they told me this:

Regard matter of inquiry, and the browser, such as your InternetExplorer

The Would you folded it has been added the settings to use the proxy by the setting.

And we use via a proxy of overseas connection and server-side

Occur such as the connection cut off as unauthorized access by security

There is a high possibility, the use of any of the connection settings that sorry to trouble you, but not through the proxy

Thank you.

It should be noted is subject to production sold only both Japan domestic our product,

Only use in the Japanese version of OS and Japan we confirm the operation.

Other than the use or the Japanese version of abroad corresponding to here about your environment

Use of the OS becomes unconfirmed operations, also by countries for use abroad

Because the limit like environment, such as access to the outside server will vary, here

All there is a possibility that events such as connection limits occurs in unintended conditions

It becomes the operation guarantee out, please understand beforehand You excuse me.

I kindly thank you.

Original response in Japanese for those who understand Japanese:

お問い合わせの件に関しまして、ご使用のInternetExplorerなどのブラウザ

設定にてプロクシを使用する設定を追加されておられますでしょうか。

海外などのプロクシを経由し接続を利用しておりますとサーバー側の

セキュリティによって不正なアクセスとして接続遮断など発生する

可能性が高い為、お手数ですがプロクシを介さない接続設定でのご利用を

お願い致します。

なお弊社商品はいずれも日本国内のみ出荷販売を行っており、

日本語版OSおよび日本国内でのご使用のみ動作確認を行っております。

ご使用環境についてこちらに該当する国外での使用や日本語版以外の

OSでの使用は動作未確認となり、また国外での使用については各国により