PKMDS Save Editor (Gen V for now)

codemonkey85

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up stealing the ones from Bulbapedia because ripping them from the ROM was too much work. Plus the Bulbapedia shots were (probably) ripped straight from the games anyway, and they included the transparency. But thanks KazoWAR!

After a little batch cropping, I now have the wallpapers and banners separated, so yay!

• 1 month later...

Major thanks to Nicholas Corgan (https://github.com/ncorgan) for contributing directly to this project, making it more portable, and perhaps most excitingly more compatible with Linux! Work has yet to be done to get the Qt project working properly, but things are very exciting right now for the community of Pokémon hacking / open source overlappers!

There seems to be a slight bug in displaying / accessing Pokémon in specific box slots in the box viewer, but once I sort that out it's time to fill out the other tabs in the Pokémon viewer and get some more editing opened up!

I'm sure this was unintentional/unnoticed, but the windows azure ad in the background is quite ironic for this post. Glad you're up and running on Ubuntu though!

It was unintentional, but hilarious!

This... looks heavenly..

Brilliant..

My only issue (I'm sure it is only me).. too.. many.. windows.. appearing. ><

Good job :D

EDIT:

Sheer random thought: Since you've included the box's background image, maybe you can include an option to change box wallpaper?

(i know there are programs that can do that, put I thought it will be interested ><)

Curiosity: are you going to have a "features suggestion" thread?

Just FYI: I do plan to allow box editing, including names and wallpapers. I just hadn't gotten there yet. As far as too many windows is concerned, it's being done this way mostly because I want the box UI and the Pokémon UI to be separate, for the sake of anyone who might use one but not the other. Keeping things modular and flexible is part of my goal. (As a reminder, the editor is not the endgame; the library is.)

I wasn't even thinking about a feature suggestion thread, but I suppose evandixon is right.

Actually, I might make a Google Form or something for suggestions. I'll think it over.

• 2 weeks later...

After some restructuring of the library, I have now made it possible to develop applications using Visual C++/CLI:

PKMDS_CLI_SAMPLE.PNG

While I have enjoyed learning Qt thus far, deployment is a bit of an issue. But now, I can develop and deploy an application using Visual Studio. This means: for those of you using Windows, this is going to get to you much quicker. For those of you using Linux... well, just grab Qt and compile it yourself. :-P

I'll likely rename this thread to coincide with the now near-parallel development of my Windows-specific application and my cross-platform application.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the perfect hacking tool for "breeding experiment" players, especially if (like me) they have little or no coding knowledge. :redface: Just two requests, please--

1. Could you upload a ZIP file of the latest working copy, please?
  2. Would you consider adding a pgf Wonder Card creator, please? I play B2/W2 using the latest DeSmuME for Windows; however, my computer (a 6-year-old desktop) is not equipped for Wi-Fi. Being able to save and share favorite Pokémon through Wonder Cards would help other players with similar problems.