Project Pokemon Creative/Artists Badge

Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still just helping. The art does not contribute to the site in any way, but since it helps members it deserves the helpful members badge. If your art work was put onto the site, it would make sense to give the person an picture contributor because you contributed your art to the site. But this is for the members, so it calls for a helpful members badge.

It is still just helping. The art does not contribute to the site in any way, but since it helps members it deserves the helpful members badge. If your art work was put onto the site, it would make sense to give the person an picture contributor because you contributed your art to the site. But this is for the members, so it calls for a helpful members badge.

Eh, not exactly.

Helping = helpful posts

At least that's how I see it. And art isn't always exactly helpful stuff. It can be for solely recreational value. But people like The Fallen make the skins here... maybe he can be one?

i know that i don't deserve it or anything but artists like Narwhal,Illithian,Naru-chu,telos......those people truly deserve it. but take for instance how hard someone tries.

like pf(pokemonfan) like me, is not exactly the best avatar and/or sig maker.but we both put in great effort into it. and in the end, we take it to our liking and if we don't, than we re-do the whole thing. and it goes on like this until it comes out with a reasonable result.

all that effort should also be noticed is what i'm trying to say. please don't let this get in too deep. it's just a point i'm trying to get out.

I agree with what Wraith said about helpful member's badge being towards helpful posts. That's how I felt about it, which is why I came to suggest this in the first place.

And the same goes with agreeing with Kunai, I feel the effort the artists make here is impactful to the community, helping to bring it alive in color. It should be noticed.

Again having to agree with Telos...let's not get distracted with bringing username colors into it. :] That can come later (if at all,) if this gets resolved to have the badge.

So far there are three choices we have towards what this badge may look like:

Smeargle Icon

Artist's Palette

Rainbow Badge

Any of them would be sufficient in my eyes; though the rainbow badge would be the only one of the three to truly match the other badges already in place.

I mean...just look at how pretty it is!

RainbowBadge.png

:P We'll get to that after it's decided over whether or not the artists will be getting the badge, 'Dixon. The same way we'll get to the username colors, if it's decided that they will have a color specific to them.

It will all come together in due time, no worries.

Not trying to offend anyone here, but artists only do it for recreational value and for the forum members anyhow, so I'm not entirely so sure.
You know what? I change my mind. The people who make artwork for the members is awesome, but since it really isn't a contribution to the site, but to the members themselves, would it not make more sense to give them a helpful members badge instead? Because to me and all the members who got our signatures and avatars from artist members here feel that they have been helped, and making another badge for being an artist would just be classifying them as artists, not helpers.
It means you don't deserve to make a new useless badge. You help people. That's good and it deserves a helpful member's badge.

...>.>

Reading those posts got me confused. Now I don't even know why I'm considered an artist, or even what I am considered as. Or what art is...or why I make signatures and avatars for people...or why...*glitch*. Now I honestly have no idea what to say about this.*passes out from confusion*

@Naru-chu- lol!

@username colors discussion- i really don't care about it.

@ another one of my opinions-

it would be nice to have a badge and all, but pretty much everyone on the whole forums knows we make sigs and avatars. is a badge really worths this HUGE discussion?

i mean we make people happy and we already have our own little personalized sig badges made by Okami. why would we need a simple badge under our usernames?

...>.>

Reading those posts got me confused. Now I don't even know why I'm considered an artist, or even what I am considered as. Or what art is...or why I make signatures and avatars for people...or why...*glitch*. Now I honestly have no idea what to say about this.*passes out from confusion*

Like I said, recreational value. You do it for fun :P

I'm very confused as well.... But I think I will stick to my original opinion. ~ I will vote as undecided, first of all. Second of all, if the majority of the votes is "yes", then I think that the person receiving the badge should get approved by Damio or somebody like that. If the voting is no, then oh well, sorry guys. Lol :)

Wait-- I'm not sure if this is too complicated or not, but also if the majority of the votes is "yes", then we could probably have an "artist in training" badge for the newbies. Hahah :)

I like the rainbow badge idea, though. Maybe a black-and-white version of the rainbow badge for the newbies? I don't know, just a suggustion.

Tell me what you guys think :)