Project Pokemon Creative/Artists Badge

Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Project Pokemon to add the "Creative Badge?" [Why or Why Not?]

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of art shouldn't matter, It should matter the quality of it in my opinion. People should compliment your artwork, like Flootenkerp did with a recent sig I created for him. Check the thread to see what he said.

There should be a number limit, because I don't think anyone deserves the badge if they only make one image, even if it is the most beautiful in the world.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

There should also be a highlight color for their username.

May be: #0080FF

'Dixon is exactly right. Just because a person posts a piece of art that looks really good doesn't mean that's that and they get the badge. What would happen if that person just ripped another person's work to call it their own? That's wrong in every possible way. Art theft angers me so much.

A person in question of getting this badge would not only have quality work, but quantity to show their talent...a passion and great respect for art, respect for others, and be dedicated to helping and serving of this community.

That may just be my opinion, but I believe that without passion, there is no fire. And where there is no fire, passion is dead. An artist always has an inspired passion for their work; whether or not they like it themselves (In my eyes my art is crap, but that doesn't stop me from drawing. Zeal is passion! :P)

Are you guys forgetting that Wraith is a Mod? :tongue: And Greencat suggested that I make this thread in the first place...

So my thoughts are that while it seems there hasn't been "higher up" activity here, it is lurking under the shadows.

Are you guys forgetting that Wraith is a Mod? :tongue: And Greencat suggested that I make this thread in the first place...

So my thoughts are that while it seems there hasn't been "higher up" activity here, it is lurking under the shadows.

Wraith really is a ghost. The post just appeared out of nowhere!

I personally think we need to overcome the obstacle of whether or not we'll recieve the badge before adding complications with name color =/ We aren't starving artists ( :tongue: ) we're simply trying to make this forum a better place, is all. :]

But, since we have breached the topic of username color; a nice grey would be cool #3A3A3A ...Or a steel? #2D3136 And I really like this purple #7C4C9E

I personally think we need to overcome the obstacle of whether or not we'll recieve the badge before adding complications with name color =/ We aren't starving artists ( :tongue: ) we're simply trying to make this forum a better place, is all. :]

But, since we have breached the topic of username color; a nice grey would be cool #3A3A3A ...Or a steel? #2D3136 And I really like this purple #7C4C9E

When we come up with a color, we need to make sure it isn't too similer to the existing colors.

Badge is fine, but I'm not completely sure about colors. We look at others... they're admins/mods/super mods... and then we have developers and contributors, who actually do stuff for the website. Not trying to offend anyone here, but artists only do it for recreational value and for the forum members anyhow, so I'm not entirely so sure.

Let us not get too distracted by username color, guys.

Just wanted to share a small journey of internet dictionaryism I took today. It relates to this, so I figured I'd share.

One of the definitions of "Creative" from dictionary.com caught my eye today, it simply stated

originative; productive

Unsure exactly what it meant by originative, I dug a little deeper.

having or characterized by the power of originating; creative.

Digging deeper, I went to creator,

a person or thing that creates.

From creator, I went into the thesaurus, coming across artist. Synonyms for the word artist included

artist; painter, limner, drawer, sketcher, designer, engraver; master, old master; draughtsman; copyist, dauber, hack; enamel, enameler, enamelist; caricaturist; illustrator; cartoonist; graphic artist., historical painter, landscape painter, marine painter, flower painter, portrait painter, miniature painter, miniaturist, scene painter, sign painter, coach painter; engraver; Apelles; sculptor, carver, chaser, modeler, figuriste, statuary; Phidias, Praxiteles; Royal Academician., photographer, cinematographer, lensman, cameraman, camera technician, camera buff; wildlife photographer.

As you can see from that, there are many ways in which a person can be an artist. From there, I went back to the dictionary page, at the first definition that came up for artist was this:

a person who produces works in any of the arts that are primarily subject to aesthetic criteria.
Notice the S. Works. That alone is enough to say what I've been saying for this badge: it is not enough to give one image and call it a day.

For those of you who don't know, aesthetic means this,

pertaining to a sense of the beautiful

Which is exactly what we, as image makers (whether for signature or avatar) are. We are artists, creating beautiful pieces of artwork for the enjoyment of those around us. :]

Edited by Okami
Editted for Wraith's sake. :P

If only I haven't given up art because of all the competitive nature of my school... sigh. If only I can draw for fun once more...

And Okami, it's spelled aesthetic, not aethetic, fix that :P

We'll never be creators. We only simply rearrange what's been created.

And as I pointed out earlier, no username colors xD

You know what? I change my mind. The people who make artwork for the members is awesome, but since it really isn't a contribution to the site, but to the members themselves, would it not make more sense to give them a helpful members badge instead? Because to me and all the members who got our signatures and avatars from artist members here feel that they have been helped, and making another badge for being an artist would just be classifying them as artists, not helpers.