Editing Moves

I want to make other versions of U-Turn and Volt Switch, I'm using PRC(Pokemon Rom Changer) for Black 2, but it's not working. Any ideas on how I can do this? I was thinking of making stuff like Teleport, and Splash(stuff not used competitively) into type variants of these moves. I've also tried with the OxAttack Editor or whatever it was called a year ago(still no update), and it didn't work on that either. I made just about everything the exact same as the move U-Turn, but it still only does the damage, no return.

Also, while editing the moves I noticed the "Effect Code", and I can't seem to find a list of all of them, and not all of the codes are in the game. There's 00-11, but not 12-15. 10 Increases Attack 1 Stage, 11 Increases Defense 1 Stage, but since there are no moves that increase only Speed, Special Attack, or Special Defense, I'm assuming they're the ones missing?

Don't really know what you mean by effect codes and stat raising, because stat raising is handled differently.

0WU4x.jpg

I'd think the Effect Code is to reference the animation, not the in-battle effect. I think the extra bytes portion is what actually does the work. Take Mean Look and Spider Web for example. Same kind of move, but different animation/typing.

aEqgG.jpg

Try and set the extra bytes to be the same. I have no clue what each of those extra bytes does :\

Don't really know what you mean by effect codes and stat raising, because stat raising is handled differently.

0WU4x.jpg

I'd think the Effect Code is to reference the animation, not the in-battle effect. I think the extra bytes portion is what actually does the work. Take Mean Look and Spider Web for example. Same kind of move, but different animation/typing.

aEqgG.jpg

Try and set the extra bytes to be the same. I have no clue what each of those extra bytes does :\

The Extra Bytes are the exact same. I tried to test it by changing Aerial Ace to be the exact same, but a Flying version, and it does not return to the belt like U-Turn. It simply attacks, and that's it.

With the effect code, it's not based on the animation, I can tell because Body Slam and Dragonbreath both have the same number (33), meaning 33 is "Chance of Paralyzation). I'm making a list of the effect codes, and there's some not in the game. I don't know what 46 does, so I'm skipping it.

You're on the right track, Everto. The value that PRC calls the "effect code" tells the game what the attack does. The animation of the attack is determined by the very first value of the attack, to my knowledge. In other words, If you used PRC to change Teleport into U-Turn and vice-versa, swapping every value perfectly (not making Teleport a clone of U-Turn, but actually swapping the attacks with each other), the animations still wouldn't switch because they are tied to the position of the attack in the list itself.

But since you're not worried about attack animations, let's move on to your project at hand. If I was going to change Teleport into a Psychic-type U-Turn, I'd make the following changes:

* Change effect code from 153 (Teleport) to 228 (U-Turn, Volt Switch)

* Change category from "unique effect" to "DMG" (damage)

* Change the class from "status" to "special" or "physical" (your preference)

* Change targeting from "self" to "adjacent one ally/foe"

* Change unknown bytes from 0 83 83 0 0 to either 0 83 83 72 0 (special) or 0 83 83 73 0 (physical)

* Change base power, accuracy, pp, priority, and miscellaneous values to what you desire

After you do all that, play test the changes you made. Does the attack work like it should? If it doesn't, then there must be an overlay component that needs to be changed as well, or some other area of the ROM that works in conjunction with this waza NARC that must be altered. Because to my knowledge, I just listed all the changes that are necessary to make it work how you'd like it to.

I'd say set up the attack as a regular draining attack, like Absorb or Horn Leech, and then just make the priority "1". Try it out in gameplay to verify that it works. It ought to. I made Shock Wave a never-miss 40 BP Electric Quick Attack. Slight variations in attack archetypes are fine... it's when you totally alter what an attack does that it takes extra care.

Has anyone tried to edit Freeze Shock and Ice Burn with their proper animations? I just did a quick test with an edited Freeze Shock but it keeps using the "charge" animation which sucks >.<

Also can someone tell me how to change the attack move names and descriptions if possible? I can't find any thread or info. with this stuff. I will keep looking.

Has anyone tried to edit Freeze Shock and Ice Burn with their proper animations? I just did a quick test with an edited Freeze Shock but it keeps using the "charge" animation which sucks >.<

Also can someone tell me how to change the attack move names and descriptions if possible? I can't find any thread or info. with this stuff. I will keep looking.

name of moves and description is stored on a/0/0/2...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...