Pokemon X and Pokemon Y News Thread

Alpha

I cannot imagine what competitive gameplay will be like. Some weak, non evolving pokemon get it (which is fine with me) and some powerhouse stage 3 pokemon get it. The not so real ''evolutions'' and ''forms'' are only during battle. Some pokemon have unique items. Others don't require them.

Since everyone is so hyped about Blaziken - Blazkinite is an item that is not obtained during normal gameplay. We can say assume the same for Lucarionite. However MegaMewtwo evolves/changes form or w/e with just the basic Mega Stone. And it was said in various news sites that not all pokemon can Mega Evolve.

Mega Blissey

Edited by Mewtwo Ex
the colors seem to be bugged

This whole "Mega-Evolution" thing has me really divided.

On one hand, yes its a great idea. Pokemon like Ampharos, Kangaskhan and Mawile, which don't really get the battling experience they deserve, are getting the chance to evolve in massive powerhouses and become a force to be reckoned with. What I don't like about this though, is why give it to Mewtwo, Blaziken, Lucario etc. Those Pokemon are already powerhouses (Mewtwo especially) and don't really need any further 'evolutions'.

Now on the other hand, it feels too much like Digimon. As soon as Mega Evolution was revealed, Digimon was the first thing that popped into my head. I don't like the idea of the pokemon only being able to "Mega - Evolve" during battle only.

Pokemon is all about evolving permanently. Why give a pokemon the ability to evolve only for a short time? Evolving and then switching back to its regular state after battle is just a complete Digimon rip-off.

Game Freak are obviously running out of ideas if "Mega-Evolution" is their new concept for new generation games.

I guess we'll just have to wait until nearer release date to get the full story behind this concept.

Personally, I don't think it will work all that well. But I'm old fashioned, I like the old way better.

100% agree

i wouldnt mind if it was for single evolution pokemon or if they made it also outside battle

everybody knows gamefreak is running out of ideas (black and white)

I just dont get why they didnt start first with the sapphire and ruby remake than go to a new generation so quickly

1. every on new console, gamefreak always start with new generation

2. remake from old game, is run out of ideas too.

3. why gamefreak not remake 3rd gen, because is too close with new generation of consoles and end of nds family. they are confused to decide it. if they release remake (replacing bw2), fans will happy but it will be mad because is not compatible with next generation (is mean can't trade between them with traditional method). if gamefreak decide to release on beginning of new consoles generation, it will bad idea too. some fans it will complaining why they can;t trade new pokemon into their own copy of remake gen 3. and if you notice on what console for remake gen 1 and gen 2, they are on different consoles generation. so gen 3 remake it will after gen 6.

After going through it, I still have mixed opinions about Mega Evolutions...

On one hand, I feel like they're placing it on Pokémon that people want to use but aren't good enough for people to bother.

Ampharos, Mawile, Absol... On the other hand, I really dislike the idea of giving Mewtwo and Blaziken MORE power. Oh, and Ampharos has silly hair - I like the addition of Dragon type though.

Mega Kanghaskan I really don't like, I mean, all of Kanghaskan's Pokédex entries talk about how much she tries to protect her child. Throwing a steroid-induced baby into the fray just seems contradictory to the whole "Kanghaskan protects the weak baby!" thing they had going on.

Overall I like some of the Megolution designs and dislike some of the others. Overall I don't feel like it'll affect much in competitive and'll be used more as a "final E4/Gym Pokémon" thing. I don't much care for it, but in the end it wont really change anything.

• 1 month later...

My apologies for not posting sooner, real life and such.

Here you find a collection of the confirmed news on the upcoming Pokemon XY games.

(sorry for about the longest post ever)

Since the games will be released tomorrow (or the day after depending on where you live), this will be my last post in this thread.

New Pokemon:

The pre-evolution of Gogoat:

120px-Skiddo.png

Japanese Name: Meekuru

English Name: Skiddo

German Name: Mähikel

French Name: Cabriolaine

Spanish Name: Skiddoe

Italian Name: Skiddo

Type: Grass

Ability: Sap Sipper

Height/Weight: 0.9m and 31.0kg

It is ridable in the field

120px-Dedenne.png

Japanese Name: Dedenne

English Name: Dedenne

German Name: Dedenne

French Name: Dedenne

Spanish Name: Dedenne

Italian Name: Dedenne

Type: Electric/Fairy

Ability: PickUp/Cheeck Pouch

Height/Weight: 0.2m and 2.2kg

The Antennae Pokemon

It can learn Nuzzle, which might look pretty cute as the user nuzzles up to a target while it's cheeks are fully charged, but it’s quite dangerous! Nuzzle will both paralyze and damage the opponent.

120px-Bunnelby.png

Japanese Name: Horubii

English Name: Bunnelby

German Name: Scoppel

French Name: Sapereau

Spanish Name: Bunnelby

Italian Name: Bunnelby

Type: Normal

Ability: PickUp/Cheeck Pouch

Height/Weight: 0.4m and 5.0kg

The Digging Pokemon

The second Pokemon (that we know of) with the ability Cheeck Pouch. If a Pokemon with Cheeck Pouch eats a berry during battle it will not only get the benefit(s) from eating the berry but it will also gain HP.

Chespin's evolution:

120px-Quilladin.png

Japanese Name: Hariboogu

English Name: Quilladin

German Name: Igastarnish

French Name: Boguérisse

Spanish Name: Quilladin

Italian Name: Quilladin

Type: Grass

Ability: Overgrow

Height/Weight: 0.7m and 29kg

The Spiny Armour Pokemon

It knows the move Mud Shot

Fennekin's evolution:

120px-Braixen.png

Japanese Name: Teerunaa

English Name: Braixen

German Name: Rutena

French Name: Roussil

Spanish Name: Braixen

Italian Name: Braixen

Type: Fire

Ability: Blaze

Height/Weight: 1.0m and 14.5kg

The Fox Pokemon

It knows the move Psyshock

Froakie's evolution:

120px-Frogadier.png

Japanese Name: Gekogashira

English Name: Frogadier

German Name: Amphizel

French Name: Croâporal

Spanish Name: Frogadier

Italian Name: Frogadier

Type: Water

Ability: Torrent

Height/Weight: 0.6m and 10.9kg

The Bubble Frog Pokemon

It knows the move Bounce

Two Fossil Pokemon:

120px-Tyrunt.png

Japanese Name: Chigorasu

English Name: Tyrunt

German Name: Balgoras

French Name: Ptyranidur

Spanish Name: Tyrunt

Italian Name: Tyrunt

Type: Rock/Dragon

Ability: Strong Jaw

Height/Weight: 0.8m and 26kg

T-rex. Tyrunt is obtained through reviving a Jaw Fossil. Strong Jaw increases the power of biting moves. It knows the move Crunch.

It's evolution:

120px-Tyrantrum.png

Japanese Name: Gachigorasu

English Name: Tyrantrum

German Name: Monargoras

French Name: Rexillius

Spanish Name: Tyrantrum

Italian Name: Tyrantrum

Type: Rock/Dragon

Ability: Strong Jaw

Height/Weight:

It has the move Head Smash.

120px-Amaura.png

Japanese Name: Amarasu

English Name: Amaura

German Name: Amarino

French Name: Amagara

Spanish Name: Amaura

Italian Name: Amaura

Type: Rock/Ice

Ability: Refrigerate

Height/Weight: 1.3m and 25.2kg

Diplodocus. Amaura is obtained through reviving a Sail Fossil. Refrigerate turns Normal type moves into Ice type moves and also raises their power. It knows the move Aurora Beam.

It's evolution:

120px-Aurorus.png

Japanese Name: Amaruruga

English Name: Aurorus

German Name: Amagarga

French Name: Dragmara

Spanish Name: Aurorus

Italian Name: Aurorus

Type: Rock/Ice

Ability: Refrigerate

Height/Weight: 2.7m and 225kg

Has a move called Freeze Dry, an Ice-type move which freezes the opponent but is suppereffective against Water-type Pokemon.

Since I'm not allowed to use more than 10 attachments per post I'll have to split it up. Continues into next post.

120px-Skiddo.png.e5eabc5a2536554e4b78803

120px-Dedenne.png.b8fd2bc73602a4e5d28a2c

120px-Bunnelby.png.40a667a8710edea3e27df

120px-Quilladin.png.77724d03469ed0420c49

120px-Braixen.png.c484a112c0e0187706b919

120px-Frogadier.png.1a5c9eab4f7fa8badea8

120px-Tyrunt.png.3965057eb5299664e0908a2

120px-Tyrantrum.png.ce36a38a4a84fb81216c

120px-Amaura.png.6dd2a76c5322be77b6a8b80

120px-Aurorus.png.6fe19e3dc047abe772b21e

More new pokes:

A Dog Pokemon:

120px-Furfrou.png

Japanese Name: Torimian

English Name: Furfrou

German Name: Coiffwaff

French Name: Couafarel

Spanish Name: Furfrou

Italian Name: Furfrou

Type: Normal

Ability: Fur Coat

Height/Weight: 1.2m and 28kg

The Poodle Dog Pokemon. Fur Coat reduces Physical Damage. It's move Baby Doll Eyes moves first and lowers the opponent's Attack. You can customize it's appearance, it's called Trimming.

A Cat Pokemon:

120px-Meowstic-Male.png

Male

120px-Meowstic-Female.png

Female

Japanese Name: Nyaonikusu

English Name: Meowstic

German Name: Psiaugon

French Name: Mistigrix

Spanish Name: Meowstic

Italian Name: Meowstic

Type: Psychic

Ability: Keen Eye/Infiltrator

Height/Weight: 0.6m and 8.5kg

The Constraint Pokemon. It's appearance depends on whether it's male or female. Also it's movepool differs between the genders. The female is more of an attacker, while the male is more of a supporter. The female knows Extrasensory, whilte the male knows Miracle Eye.

The evolution of Litleo:

120px-Pyroar-Male.png

Male

120px-Pyroar-Female.png

Female

Japanese Name: Kaenjishi

English Name: Pryroar

German Name: Pyroleo

French Name: Némélios

Spanish Name: Pyroar

Italian Name: Pyroar

Type: Fire/Normal

Ability: Unnerve/Rivalry

Height/Weight: 1.5m and 81.5kg

The Royal Pokemon

It can learn the move Echoed Voice and Noble Roar. It has different forms for male/female.

The evolution of Honedge:

120px-Doublade.png

Japanese Name: Nidangiru

English Name: Doublade

German Name: Duokles

French Name: Dimoclès

Spanish Name: Doublade

Italian Name: Doublade

Type: Steel/Ghost

Ability: No Guard

Height/Weight: 0.8m and 4.5kg

It can perform attacks by coordinating its two blades through telepathy in order to deliver twice the slice in battle.

It knows the move Sacred Sword which, until now, was exclusive to Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion and Keldeo.

The evolution of Swirlix:

106px-Slurpuff.png

Japanese Name: Peroriimu

English Name: Slurpuff

German Name: Sabbaione

French Name: Cupcanaille

Spanish Name: Slurpuff

Italian Name: Slurpuff

Type: Fairy

Ability: Sweet Veil

Height/Weight: 0.8m and 5.0kg

The Meringue Pokemon

The evolution of Spritzee:

85px-Aromatisse.png

Japanese Name: Furefuran

English Name: Aromatisse

German Name: Parfinesse

French Name: Cocotine

Spanish Name: Aromatisse

Italian Name: Aromatisse

Type: Fairy

Ability: Healer

Height/Weight: 0.8m and 15.5kg

The Fragrance Pokemon

Some more info on pokemon that were already known:

Litleo has the ability Unnerve, Helioptile has the ability Dry Skin, and Sylveon has the ability Cute Charm.

Some more known moves:

Fennekin Psybeam, Flame Charge, Fire Spin, Tail Whip

Helioptile Tail Whip, Thundershock, Quick Attack, Parabolic Charge

Sylveon Swift, Quick Attack, Fairy Wind, Tail Whip

Froakie Water Pulse, Quick Attack, Lick, Round.

The Fairy type is superaffective to Dark, Dragon and Fighting while it doesn't effect Poison, Fire or Steel. It is weak to Steel and Poison, resists Fighting Bug, and Dark and is immune to Dragon.

Ghost-types are no longer afected by moves that prevent fleeing from battle e.g. Mean Look.

Grass Pokemon can't be seeded and won't be affected by moves like SleepPowder or Stun Spore.

Electric-types can no onger be paralysed.

Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost.

It is now confirmed that Marill can use a new Fairy-type move called Child's Play (or maybe Play Around), which does some pretty decent damage.

Pokémon will gain EXP when a Pokémon is captured.

As previously mentioned, there now are Mega-evolutions. Ones that are known thus far:

MegaBlaziken has the ability Speed Boost (uses Blazikenite to 'evolve')

MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce and has raised Attack and Speed

MegaLucario has the ability Adaptability (uses Lucarionite to 'evolve') and has raised Attack stat

MegaAmpharos-> Electric/Dragon-type and has the ability Mold Breaker

MegaMawile->Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile and has the ability Huge Power and has raised Defense and Special Defense stats

MegaKangaskhan has the ability Parental Bond which allows an attack to hit twice in one turn. Cute mode on: its baby has grown and has come out to battle...aaaaahhhhhh

Mega Venusaur has the ability Thick Fat

Mega Charizard has the ability Drought

Mega Blastoise has the ability Mega Launcher which boosts its moves

Mega Garchomp has the ability Sandforce, it has an increased Attack and Special Attack stat but its Speed stat is decreased

The new Mega Evolution of Mewtwo is exclusive to Pokemon X. It's called Mega Mewtwo X. It is Psychic/Fighting-type and has the ability Steadfast. It has an increased Attack Stat.

The Mega Mewtwo we've seen thus far is Mega Mewtwo Y and it's exclusive to Pokemon Y. It has the ability Insomnia.

They use the items Mewtwonite X & Mewtwonite Y to Mega Evolve.

It appears Mega Mewtwo don't have increased Hit Points.

Also there will be an alternate Mega Evolution of Charizard. It's exclusive to Pokemon X and is called Mega Charizard X. It is Fire/Dragon-type and has the new ability Tough Claws, which increases the power of Physical contact attacks. It also has an increased Attack stat.

You can have only ONE Mega Evolution Pokemon in battle. Not sure whether this means the entire battle of your team. The Mega Evolution will return to normal after battle has ended.

Not every Pokemon will have a Mega Evolution but those that do can only Mega Evolve while holding their specific Mega Stone, which aren't always found in normal gameplay.

The method of Mega Evolution is through a simple button in the attack interface (provinding that your Pokemon has it's Mega Stone attached to it).

You will need to obtain a bracelet (Mega Ring) that holds a mysterious stone (Key Stone). The Trainer’s Key Stone resonates with the Mega Stone held by his or her Pokemon.

It has been stated that no Kalos Pokémon will have a Mega Evolution within Pokémon X & Y.

Since I'm not allowed to use more than 10 attachments per post I'll have to split it up. Continues into next post.

120px-Furfrou.png.f3657bc36a98bc4b5436a8

120px-Meowstic-Male.png.96011ae9f9d3b1b0

120px-Meowstic-Female.png.b217582ab7cc2b

120px-Pyroar-Male.png.eea89db4a440f5ed57

120px-Pyroar-Female.png.015d926dccad2c46

120px-Doublade.png.1322bbfb83a3527962669

106px-Slurpuff.png.246aded93ed59840b4442

85px-Aromatisse.png.cd236ebff45f2356b2b8

New Characters:

Gym Leaders:

98px-Korrina.png

Japanese Name: Koruni

English Name: Korrina

German Name: Connie

French Name: Cornélia

Spanish Name: Corelia

Italian Name: Ornella

She is the gym leader of Shalour City where you can also find the Tower of Mastery which has a connection to the Mega Evolutions.

Korrina holds to key to understanding Mega Evolutions.

Other people:

73px-XY_Diantha.png

Japanese Name: Carnet

English Name: Diantha

German Name: Diantha

French Name: Dianthéa

Spanish Name: Dianta

Italian Name: Diantha

Diantha is an actress. She will help you change your hair and clothes, which will be reflected in the graphics.

The Team Flare scientists:

300px-XY_Celosia.png

Japanese Name: Correa

English Name: Celosia

German Name: Calluna

French Name: Cyane

Spanish Name: Caléndula

Italian Name: Cytisia

The purple-haired woman

200px-XY_Aliana.png

Japanese Name: Akebi

English Name: Aliana

German Name: Aliana

French Name: Ancolie

Spanish Name: Amapola

Italian Name: Akebia

The orange-haired woman

200px-XY_Bryony.png

Japanese Name: Bara

English Name: Bryony

German Name: Begonia

French Name: Brasénie

Spanish Name: Begonia

Italian Name: Bromelia

The green-haired woman

Japanese Name: Momiji

English Name: Mable

German Name: Magnolia

French Name: Myosotis

Spanish Name: Melia

Italian Name: Martynia

The blue-haired woman

56px-XY_Xerosic.png

Japanese Name: Xerosicy

English Name: Xerosic

German Name: Xeros

French Name: Xanthin

Spanish Name: Xero

Italian Name: Xante

The only man in the group.

Other information:

For the first time in Pokemon there's something called Super Training (or S.T. for short). It gives the player the opportunity to help their pokemon grow stronger even when they's not battling. On the touchscreen players can 'SuperTrain' their Pokemon through activities that increase EV's (Effort Values). These EV's determine in which way a Pokemon grows stronger. e.g. a lot of HP EV's will significantly increase the Pokemon's HP stat. This can be achieved through, for the lack of a better word, mini-games.

There's also something called Core Training, which lets players set up training bags, which first have to earned through Super Training, which can then be used by Pokemon in their party. In this scenario the Pokemon is pretty much training itself, with the trainer merely gigving pointers by tapping on the Touch Screen.

The progress can be seen at any given time on the main Super Training screen.

Pokemon Smash aired an example of the Super Training. It showed clarification of how the mini-game works, where you use the touch screen to fire balls into various parts of Magneton while avoiding large balls as your Pokemon sits on a platform. After completion, you will see a numerical value added to the stat, in this case +8 on Special Attack.

An Effort-o-Meter (what's in a name) can now show how many EV's a Pokemon already has and how many more it can get.

In Pokemon Amie, three stats are listed for your Pokemon. Friendliness, Play and Hunger. At this point it is not known if these features affect gameplay. The candy you obtain for Amie is called Pofure.

Pokemon Centers now not only have a Pokemart, but you can also change your appearance. Choose from several preset styles or use your imagination to come up with your own combination of a hat, shoes and accessories. You can also change your hair and outfit at a Boutique and Salon with a little help from a famous actress called Diantha.

At the Trainer PR Studio you can record 10 second Trainer PR videos of your character and your Pokemon, in which you can customize poses, expressions, camera angles and background music, among others. The videos can be shared through the Player Search System.

It is intended that Pokemon Bank & Poke Transporter will prevent hacked Pokemon from being transferred and will work with multiple copies of the games. Pokemon Bank wil be released in Japan and Korea on December 25th 2013, Europe and Australia on December 27th 2013 and the release date for North America is as of yet unknown.

The Global Link will also have a mobile friendly version this time.

Preceding the opening of the Gen VI Global Link alongside the launch of Pokemon X & Y, a new feature is announced. You can earn PokeMiles in certain parts of the Global Link. PokeMiles can be used in the PokeMileage Club in the PGL to pay to play attractions and to buy items in the shop, which can be sent back to Pokemon X & Y.

There is however another way to earn them. Your Dream Points wil be converted to PokeMiles and will be sent over to your & Y account it you register before January 14th 2014. Registering both games results in receiving the points in each game. e.g. If you get 500 PokeMiles for your Dream Points you'll get the 500 in X and another 500 in Y.

The conversion is as follows:

Between 10,000-49,999 Dream Points = You get 500 PokeMiles

Between 50,000-99,999 Dream Points = You get 3,000 PokeMiles

Between 100,000-199,999 Dream Points = You get 10,000 PokeMiles

And more than 200,000 Dream Points = You get 25,000 PokeMiles

The conversion is calculated by cummulating the Dream Points from all the games on your account. So if you have all 4 Gen V games, the number of Dream Points you have exists of the Dream Points of all your games combined.

Also special medals are announced that are unlocked in the PGL if you also had Generation V game(s).

Medal for certain ammount of Dream Points: 50,000, 100,000 or 200,000

Medal for amount of purchased homes: 1, 4 or 8

Medal for purchased items: 1, 25 or 50 items purchased

Medal for purchased Pokemon Dolls: 1, 50 or 100 dolls purchased

Medal for ranking in the top 100 in any GBU Season (except Season 10)

Medal based on how many times you have ranked highly in WiFi Competitions

It's been confirmed that the game will not receive post-release patches to adjust components of the game for rebalance.

Events:

The first event for Pokemon X/Y has already been announced. A Torchic will be distributed from October 12th 2013 to January 15th 2014. It will hold a new item called Blazikenite and has the hidden ability Speed Boost. The Blazikenite will enable it to evolve in MegaBlaziken.

Have fun playing the game(s)!!!

98px-Korrina.png.76c0409819c77b3c3cef5a4

73px-XY_Diantha.png.817ffd70310dc6be255f

300px-XY_Celosia.png.35460776a895ef6902c

200px-XY_Aliana.png.f910f102e457d0c2265e

200px-XY_Bryony.png.1f9d59500ecbbb7ddfca

56px-XY_Xerosic.png.c3b2aac134380aca63e0