Is this program useful?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is this program useful?

That's awesome. If you like, I can dump some of my research / code in there or another shared folder as well.

I think you should do that.

FYI, I still highly recommend you try out veekun's SQLite database, since it contains roughly all of the information you would ever need. There have been some slight differences in his index numbers (like with Abilities), but he also keeps it up to date, so there's that.

Untitled.jpg

WhySQLiteIsAwesome.jpg

His database is very easy to use (for me).

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the GTS system tab, does that mean this program will eventually be able to distribute pokemon that are legal?

Yes, GTS system is in development based on formlesstree4 GTS application Shiny2 to distribute and receive pkm files directly from the app, this is intended to allow any user without access to the cartridge save file to check and edit pkm and send them back

Yes, however you can write your own code that calculates the checksum before the writing process, however I think it is more difficult to do...

Actually, what I do (which is essentially the same as what I used to do in VB.Net) is I write out a serializable structure for the Pokémon data. After I read the raw data from the save file, I decrypt and unshuffle it, and then deserialize it into my Pokémon object. After messing with the Pokémon object's data in whatever way I see fit, I calculate and update the checksum, shuffle and encrypt it, and serialize it back into the save file.

I find this approach makes it easiest to work with the raw data while coding up the functions to make sense of said data, since you're calling on a variable instead of having to remember what each offset is for. Plus, I can use the Pokémon structure within the save file structure, making it way easy to reach a Pokémon within a save file.

Speaking of which, I uploaded all my old VB.Net source code to Google Drive, so enjoy that.

There is a lot of improvement to this program.

BTW, You can have a function that will run a command for a PKM to be opened with this program:

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?780-GTS-website-research&p=67086&viewfull=1#post67086

this way you can just include it with your program other than making another one. But this require python

I would like to make the GTS System run in the app, because I'm planning distributing the current editing pkm and instead of saving the pkm file, load it in the app, an external GTS application will be used if my app doesn't work

For now I have updated the app, you can now edit trainer name, gender, ID and Secret ID :biggrin:

Well I have added many things, like Trainer name, gender, ID and Secret ID editing in the save file editor and thanks to Angry_bird404 for reporting missing 3rd and 4th gen tutor and event moves...

For now the app is almost complete, GTS and BW2 locations are in progress... If you have ideas that can improve the app, I would appreciate them :smile:

Well I have added many things, like Trainer name, gender, ID and Secret ID editing in the save file editor and thanks to Angry_bird404 for reporting missing 3rd and 4th gen tutor and event moves...

For now the app is almost complete, GTS and BW2 locations are in progress... If you have ideas that can improve the app, I would appreciate them :smile:

Not really a idea, but a question... Will Dream Radar be included in that list of locations? Also, there are multiple strains of Pokerus, are there any plans to be able to select which one is on a Pokemon? Also I don't know if this is a problem with the code, or what, but earlier I gave a Gengar the ability Levitate, but it was affected by Earthquake. (Levitate should give it immunity to that move). The game did register Gengar as having the ability, so I don't know why or how that happened. I can provide the PKM file if you need.

Not really a idea, but a question... Will Dream Radar be included in that list of locations? Also, there are multiple strains of Pokerus, are there any plans to be able to select which one is on a Pokemon? Also I don't know if this is a problem with the code, or what, but earlier I gave a Gengar the ability Levitate, but it was affected by Earthquake. (Levitate should give it immunity to that move). The game did register Gengar as having the ability, so I don't know why or how that happened. I can provide the PKM file if you need.

Well Dream Radar is already included as Pokemon Dream Radar in the location list, as of Pokerus I'm researching the strains.

If the game registered Gengar with Levitate there is no problem with the ability, however keep in mind that a pkm with Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt can nullify Levitate or under Gravity or if Gengar is holding an Iron Ball can be affected by Ground-type moves :smile:

Well Dream Radar is already included as Pokemon Dream Radar in the location list, as of Pokerus I'm researching the strains.

If the game registered Gengar with Levitate there is no problem with the ability, however keep in mind that a pkm with Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt can nullify Levitate or under Gravity or if Gengar is holding an Iron Ball can be affected by Ground-type moves :smile:

Ah, it is there, must have skipped over it. i'm just derping, ignore those questions. How much progress have you made on pokerus?

Ah, it is there, must have skipped over it. i'm just derping, ignore those questions. How much progress have you made on pokerus?

Do not worry, I'm implementing the strains of Pokerus with Cured (1) and Infected(1) where (n) is the strain, I have only loaded legal strains, currently I'm testing it, I will update the program if it works :smile:

Edit: Updated with Pokerus strains

Edited by RubenPikachu

Well I have added map coordinates editor to the save file editor and Wonder Card PID generator for non-shiny pkm, currently I'm developing a tool to extract a pkm file from a pgf file, the pkm generated will have a valid random PID, ability, gender and nature when the pgf file is set to random, I'm working on it but you can test it :smile:

Can we have drag and drop PKM? Possibly all 720 at once.

Also, there is a small bug that I cannot open save if it is opened by HexCmp2 concurrently.

:)

There is a little problem with that, the program will automatically load any pkm file dragged, so I will need to change it, however I can also use a file dialog that allows multiple files and load them to the boxes, overwritting all existing data from them, I will try to work on it later, I'm gonna be busy tomorrow... :frown:

That's weird I can load/save a save file opened in HxD, maybe is your Hex Editor software :confused:

Well I have added drag and drop multiple pkm files and add them into the save file, up to 720 pkm files :smile:

Also I have added some BW2 locations and some fixes... Today I went with a friend who asked me to edit his save file because he had some trouble, when I loaded his save file, I saw that there were some bugs with trainer gender and DNA Splicers, I'm going to research about this and to find a solution

Cool thanks! BTW, is there a way to save all 720 at once also?

:)

Well it isn't a bad idea to get all pkm from the save file, but it is gonna take a while... Also I'm gonna be uploading more stuff to my research to keep it updated :smile:

Also found posible 5th gen Roamer PID generation, I'm gonna be testing it...

Amazingly I figured there are secret PC Box wallpaper in b2w2 too like previous games,

The hex 10-17 are secret, while 00-0F I think are normal.

Stored somewhere after the box names. I will try to post more info by tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for the info :smile: I have located the offsets and started to develop a box editor... also during my save file research I found out the bag offsets which will be useful to fix the Kyurem fused flag error and also to edit the bag :smile: