Is this program useful?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is this program useful?

I have found the problem, seems that the date is causing the problems for both Mystery Gift and Saving a pkm, I will fix them, I do not know about the chat, I'm still testing it

Edit: Fixed the bug, Chompizard25 and everyone who had this problem download the update 0.5.11 and try it again

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ruben. Thanks for fixing the DW problem. Just noticed another one. You said the problem was at saving and then you fixed it. So I downloaded then update and now it won't save the pokemon files

It says: 'Sequence contains no elements'

But then when I load the file it says this:

'Invalid file size. Only 136 byte and 220 byte pkm files are valid only.'

Any ideas?

Hey Ruben. Thanks for fixing the DW problem. Just noticed another one. You said the problem was at saving and then you fixed it. So I downloaded then update and now it won't save the pokemon files

It says: 'Sequence contains no elements'

But then when I load the file it says this:

'Invalid file size. Only 136 byte and 220 byte pkm files are valid only.'

Any ideas?

May be an empty textbox like date, move, or something empty, please send me the pkm file to check it out and the data you tried to save

Thx RubenPikachu! It worked!

I'm glad it worked :biggrin: I will check the chat bug later

Why that is not a valid PKM is because it is only 6 Bytes, therefore it didn't write the whole file.

What happens is that the app stores in variables the data according of their type (byte, uint16, uint32) before writing it to the file to do the checksum calculation, I think that the 'Sequence contains no elements' is because of an empty textbox, like OT or nickname, I have updated the app, when it saves, it checks if these are empty and gives something to them so the pkm file saves correctly

What happens is that the app stores in variables the data according of their type (byte, uint16, uint32) before writing it to the file to do the checksum calculation, I think that the 'Sequence contains no elements' is because of an empty textbox, like OT or nickname, I have updated the app, when it saves, it checks if these are empty and gives something to them so the pkm file saves correctly

:P

i made a wonder card , with ALL the data on it, and it throws an exception when i trie to load it. (ill get the exception later (no I won't))

Ok, I'm not sure why loading a saved card is causing an exception, however I found a bug that the Mystery Gift while loading gave the year as a two digit number instead of the full year (giving 12 instead of 2012), Wonder Cards use full year for the album...

Also it seems that linking with the event database is giving trouble again, it gives new errors while trying to get pkm info and links, I have converted the PP.org event database to a text format like my database to read the current PP.org event database, through it will be updated manually

Finally I have added Basculin and Deerling/Sawsbuck forms

I have released version 6 :biggrin: with big updates

First I have added a Pokemon Online/Showdown code reader and writer to import your current pkm to these battle simulators and get your pkm from them. Still working with forms in both and EVs only when you import the code to the app but works fine. (Check first post for image :smile:)

Then I have added some Custom Settings for easier pkm editing, when the app loads it will use this settings for your pkm, they are OT, ID, Secret ID, Version and Language

More features and fixed the Total EV, it will read the total EV of loaded pkm and a faster legality analysis of the current pkm

Also I want to thank everyone who has helped me with this, with your suggestions, your bug reports and everything, it keeps me motivated to continue developing this app for everyone :smile: Thanks!

Heres my suggestion: ability to edit/view/check PKM from the .sav directly

Yes I'm working with that, currently I'm having trouble because of the encrypted bytes, I will have a beta testing later when it reads the pkm data, I think it will be save/delete/import, you can load a saved pkm and check it

Edit: I have fixed it, currently it can read Box 1 only, I need to work on it

boxro.jpg

mystery gift card have a limited character field on Date Received, to 8 characters.

therefore 31/12/2012 will not work

Good observation, thanks, I have already fixed it and also using a battle simulator export code wouldn't recognize Hidden Power as a move since it used [type]

After some tests and research I have added to the save file editor the Party, Battle Box and Day-Care Couple pkm data in the save file :biggrin: Try it and report bugs if you find one

Note: Battle Box and Day-Care Couple doesn't work with Black 2 and White 2 save files

Edit: The app can now save pkm from the save file

Edited by RubenPikachu

I'm happy to announce that the save file editor is nearly complete, I'm creating the code needed to set the current pkm to the save file :smile:

Now I'm accepting more suggestions to improve the app, I will be working out to solve the issues listed at the first post and also I will be researching about gen 4 and 5 Wonder Card PID creation (if someone knows about this, please send info or anything you can to help me with these PID generators)

Also I would like to get feedback to improve the app, please tell me about how you feel using it, if it works or not, anything helps... Thanks :smile:

Unown form have some problems, and Genesect should have 5 different form

Could you explain me which are the Unown form problems? Genesect doesn't have alternate forms, the sprite changes according to the drive is holding...

Edit: Found it, seems that there was an error, so I disabled them, however I have fixed it, updating...

Edited by RubenPikachu

Its great that you found the error. Got more ideas,

-Item/Bag editing would be cool

-Trainer Info editing

-Batch Pokemon OT edit so they can obey (all pokemon at once)

Thanks, however since those ideas are for save files I will do them later, I have more priority in the pkm editing part

Does 0x40 not change when Genesect is holding the different Drive items?

I extracted my Genesect without drive, with the Douse and the Chill Drives, also I got some from PokeCheck with the remaining Drives and 0x40 didn't changed, it had 0x04 since it is genderless as Chompizard25 said