Where can I find sav editing information?

KazoWAR

I need to fix the checksums myself.

I have a lua script I use with DeSmuME that injects 6 random pkm files into the battle box by editing RAM. I want to do this on hardware, I was going to write a small homebrew app that would inject 6 pkm files in to the battle box by editing the sav file. but to do that I also need to fix checksums.

I been comparing some sav files and found what I need to edit. I need to know how to calculate the battle box checksum which are at 0x20D5E, 0x23F62, 0x44D5E, and 0x47F62, as well as another checksum at 0x23F9A and 0x47F9A.

battle box is standard 136 byte storage pkm. both pokesav and pokegen fixed the checksum for the battle box data. I can edit the battle box data with encrypted pkm files just fine. but the battle box checksum located at the end of the data at save file offset 0x20D5E and mirrored at 0x23F62 for the list of checksums and the checksum for the list of checksums at 0x23F9A i do not know how to calculate them.

May I know why you want to insert 6 Pokémon into the battle box by editing RAM with your homebrew app?

Battle boxes get locked at tournaments so they cannot be modified between battles.

So, do you plan to cheat at tournaments or what?

No, I do not plan to cheats at tournaments, I have no plans to enter any official tournaments at all. I am not as serious as I was in competitive battling as I was in 4th gen. I do not make teams anymore. whenever I battle I just bring 6 random competitively viable pokemon. There is a type of battling called roulette battles where each player ends up with 6 random pokemon to battle with and try to make the best of it. that is how I always battle in 5th gen even if the other player i am battling is using a solid planed out team. I just use 6 random pokemon and make the best of it. I battle alot on DeSmuME emulator and had a script that would take 6 random encrypted pkm files and inject it into the battle box data in ram and when i go to battle i just pick to use battle box and start the match with 6 randoms. but i want to have this work also on a DS as well, since i cannot have the program run while the game is running i need to instead edit the save file before i start the game to have the 6 random pokemon.

as of now i have the hombrew app correctly calculating the crc of the battle box data and the list of checksums. now i just need to get it to write the data back to the file properly.

No, I do not plan to cheats at tournaments, I have no plans to enter any official tournaments at all. I am not as serious as I was in competitive battling as I was in 4th gen. I do not make teams anymore. whenever I battle I just bring 6 random competitively viable pokemon. There is a type of battling called roulette battles where each player ends up with 6 random pokemon to battle with and try to make the best of it. that is how I always battle in 5th gen even if the other player i am battling is using a solid planed out team. I just use 6 random pokemon and make the best of it. I battle alot on DeSmuME emulator and had a script that would take 6 random encrypted pkm files and inject it into the battle box data in ram and when i go to battle i just pick to use battle box and start the match with 6 randoms. but i want to have this work also on a DS as well, since i cannot have the program run while the game is running i need to instead edit the save file before i start the game to have the 6 random pokemon.

as of now i have the hombrew app correctly calculating the crc of the battle box data and the list of checksums. now i just need to get it to write the data back to the file properly.

I am very interested in this app of yours. Any chance it might go public when finished? Roulette battling, in my opinion, is a great way to battle and learn more about different pokemon's battling capabilities. It also, as you said, makes the trainer make the best of the team, where a trainer's real skill comes into play. I believe a trainer should be able to figure out how to use pokemon in a team, even if they are not properly planned for competitive battling. Any good trainer can make a competitive team, but it takes a great trainer to make the best of what you have.