Pokémon Black & White Deluxe [v1 released]

Oxnite

- In the Celestial Tower, can the following five items be found: , Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag, and TM Ally Switch?

Cleanse Tag - Yes

Spell Tag - Yes

Ally Switch - Yes

I believe that is all the questions from this beta answered? Also, if you are taking suggestions for the E4, I have one. Given how much more challenging this game, and that there is a focus on status effects and whatnot, I suggest having a certain Poison Type E4 member. He could be pretty hard, especially with a good Ariados and Crobat for example.

Edited by RobbieNewton

How did you edit the overworlds actually? I really need to know because this is the biggest problem I'm having with my hack.

But anyway, you could make the E4 really epic, with maybe... I've got the a great idea but it probably is really hard to do:

When you go to an E4 member you can choose witch E4 member to fight, I mean that there two E4, then there are a total of eight E4 members, waiting for you and you can choose witch four you want to battle and in witch order. It also makes the battles a bit easer because you can choose the ones you've the most advantage over.

I get invalid input checksum when trying to patch. How do I fix?

Be sure that the original Pokémon White rom that you're patching is UNPATCHED (which means it should not have any patches, not even the anti piracy patch or anything; just the original, unedited White rom).

- In the Celestial Tower, can the following five items be found: , Cleanse Tag, Spell Tag, and TM Ally Switch?

Cleanse Tag - Yes

Spell Tag - Yes

Ally Switch - Yes

I believe that is all the questions from this beta answered? Also, if you are taking suggestions for the E4, I have one. Given how much more challenging this game, and that there is a focus on status effects and whatnot, I suggest having a certain Poison Type E4 member. He could be pretty hard, especially with a good Ariados and Crobat for example.

Thank you for answering the questions! It really helped!

How did you edit the overworlds actually? I really need to know because this is the biggest problem I'm having with my hack.

But anyway, you could make the E4 really epic, with maybe... I've got the a great idea but it probably is really hard to do:

When you go to an E4 member you can choose witch E4 member to fight, I mean that there two E4, then there are a total of eight E4 members, waiting for you and you can choose witch four you want to battle and in witch order. It also makes the battles a bit easer because you can choose the ones you've the most advantage over.

About both of you and RobbieNewton's E4 suggestions..

@Robbie, it would be cool if I could add a Poison-type E4 but it doesn't really fit one of the room surroundings.

@TheKrosver97, it would be even cooler to add thát, but it's impossible as of yet. All the additional E4 members need their own rooms and they all need a lot of scripts etc.. In other words; it's currently impossible.

However, I've got some great new ideas worked out - but thanks anyway for the suggestions!

I'm having a lot of problems with the 3rth gym, my Staravia is my only hope but he can't defeat Pinsir and Vespiquen because they have power gem. The problem of hacks that are made harder is TM's. At the point of the game where I am I only have a couple of TM's but the gym leaders already have stuff like power gem. I think I'm going to import Toxic into my game and use it to defeat the gym.

But anyway, maybe you should make more TM's available in the shop inside the Pokémon Center.

I'm having a lot of problems with the 3rth gym, my Staravia is my only hope but he can't defeat Pinsir and Vespiquen because they have power gem. The problem of hacks that are made harder is TM's. At the point of the game where I am I only have a couple of TM's but the gym leaders already have stuff like power gem. I think I'm going to import Toxic into my game and use it to defeat the gym.

But anyway, maybe you should make more TM's available in the shop inside the Pokémon Center.

Good point. However, even though Burgh is very hard (I thought so too, but I had no Pignite or Combusken), I think you should be able to defeat him eventually (try training a Fire type if you don't already have one).

About the TMs, well yeah, I could do that but I don't think I will. On the other hand though, I could delevel some Trainers when I do a final playthrough (or lose some of their items, for example the Power Gems).

Oxnite, a question. What program do you use to edit wild pokemon locations? If you use a tool? And if so, does it also let you edit Pokemon Levels?

In the ROM Research & Development section, you can find an amazing amount of incredible tools, for example the Wild Pokémon Editor. So yes, I use a tool, and it lets you edit the Pokémon's levels.

No ROMs I try work to be patched..

you just need clean ROM is matched on onixe rom based. just using ds-scene tools for checking is a clean ROM from official number ... and is trusted database for listing of NDS Release. and i don't know onixe is used what release and ect...

my based ROM always used : Btw i have many release group so not worry if is not correct ;) (is just example only)

0VHo8.png

using ds-scene for checking you ROM is clean, yeah if you don't know about checksum :P

Good point. However, even though Burgh is very hard (I thought so too, but I had no Pignite or Combusken), I think you should be able to defeat him eventually (try training a Fire type if you don't already have one).

But I want the Dream World Darmanitan...

About the TMs, well yeah, I could do that but I don't think I will. On the other hand though, I could delevel some Trainers when I do a final playthrough (or lose some of their items, for example the Power Gems).

All right, nice.

I have an R4 flash card and a regular nintendo DS. I patch the ROM just find, and transfer it to my card. Then, I boot up, select this game to play, and it just hangs on a white screen. It does this with the Pokemon BlazeBlack I try to play too. The ROMs check out and are validated by that tool before I apply the patch. Then I apply it and it applies successfully. I go to play game and it hangs at white screen.

Edited by DRatJr

I have an R4 flash card and a regular nintendo DS. I patch the ROM just find, and transfer it to my card. Then, I boot up, select this game to play, and it just hangs on a white screen. It does this with the Pokemon BlazeBlack I try to play too. The ROMs check out and are validated by that tool before I apply the patch. Then I apply it and it applies successfully. I go to play game and it hangs at white screen.

If you have a white screen, you might try to edit the saving type for once. It might help. I'm not sure how to exactly change the save type of your game, but in the R4 menu, you have to select a certain button (something like SELECT or Y) and then press the left / right buttons to select another save type.

After testing every save type, if it still doesn't work, try making use of Wood R4. I have included a complete user's guide. It works for me.

Oh you sly bugger. Swellow is a right nightmare.

OMITTED SWEAR WORDS

My card froze up against Altaria. I got luck on Swellow by freezing it. Tropius was not too hard. Darn it.

Haha, that's too bad, but cool to read nonetheless! So far, by chance, could you create a ranking with hardest Gym leader first place, easiest Gym leader last place (ranking from 1 to 6, since you're currently at the 6th Gym)?

Did you eventually manage to defeat her?

But I want the Dream World Darmanitan...

Yeah, then you'll have to wait until you have defeated Burgh.. Hehe.

Have you already beaten him by now?

Yeah, just beat her. Hmm, 1-6 you say? On my scale, 1 is hardest, 6 is the easiest. This is all relative, considering some of the overworld/cave trainers are just as hard, anyways.

6) Burgh - After the initial shock of the Trio, and then the SECOND SPOILERS GYM LEADER, Burgh was a nice change of pace. You know what you were getting with him, as far as typing was concerned. My Woobat and Pignite (at the time, both of which have evolved) took it without much difficulty

5) 2nd Gym Leader (or 4th, if we are being technical) - Lombre definitely helped here.

4) Elesa (?) - Electric. Surprisingly, she was not as difficult as she was in the Vanilla version.

3) Cilan and Friends - It was a shock at first getting used to a triple battle style of gym, but it was not too bad.

2) Clay - He was pretty nasty, but nothing I couldn't handle

1) Winona - I really, really liked your idea of giving them Smogon (I think, did you use it?) teams including items. A Yache Berry on Altaria? A Flame Orb on Swellow with Facade. All effective. Tropius and Skarmory weren't too difficult, but it was very good overall. Can't wait for the rest of the gym leaders

Nvm guys, I was using the kernel from R4DS, but I tried wood kernel and everything is working fine.

That's great, let me hear what you think of the game after a while. =)

Yeah, just beat her. Hmm, 1-6 you say? On my scale, 1 is hardest, 6 is the easiest. This is all relative, considering some of the overworld/cave trainers are just as hard, anyways.

6) Burgh - After the initial shock of the Trio, and then the SECOND SPOILERS GYM LEADER, Burgh was a nice change of pace. You know what you were getting with him, as far as typing was concerned. My Woobat and Pignite (at the time, both of which have evolved) took it without much difficulty

5) 2nd Gym Leader (or 4th, if we are being technical) - Lombre definitely helped here.

4) Elesa (?) - Electric. Surprisingly, she was not as difficult as she was in the Vanilla version.

3) Cilan and Friends - It was a shock at first getting used to a triple battle style of gym, but it was not too bad.

2) Clay - He was pretty nasty, but nothing I couldn't handle

1) Winona - I really, really liked your idea of giving them Smogon (I think, did you use it?) teams including items. A Yache Berry on Altaria? A Flame Orb on Swellow with Facade. All effective. Tropius and Skarmory weren't too difficult, but it was very good overall. Can't wait for the rest of the gym leaders

Thanks a lot for this, it's so much fun to read.

Well, I wouldn't call it ''Smogon'', I rather call it a more competitive-way of battling.. Nor did I steal those sets from Smogon, it's more like.. ''common sense'' to give a Swellow Guts and Flame Orb if you want to make it difficult. =D

About the Gyms, do you think any of them was TOO hard, or were they difficult in a fun way?

They were all difficult in a fun way. And to clarify, I wasn't accusing you of stealing whatsoever.

Hehe, no problem, I completely understand!

Anyway, it's Twist Mountain for now I guess? After that, you'll have to wait for a newer beta I'm afraid, so take it slow..