Post your insane gimmick team here

Yeah, you've told us about this team Enkidu. Didn't it get you to Shoddy's Ladder in two days or something?

Just this quote and all it implies was enough for me to giggle madly. Enkidu, more please.

Ironically I found your team more hilarious than the other ones... no offense guys! It's just that this one was plausible to use, and a real joke is one that plays on your expectations. See, the chicken crossing the road is funny because you're not expecting his motive to be so obvious. Get it?

You don't make a team with Metapod / Silicoon, etc. and expect to win. But when you come up against a team with Cleffa / Clefairy / Clefable and they serve a real (and damaging) purpose, well... that, to me, is the greatest joke of all.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just this quote and all it implies was enough for me to giggle madly. Enkidu, more please.

Ironically I found your team more hilarious than the other ones... no offense guys! It's just that this one was plausible to use, and a real joke is one that plays on your expectations. See, the chicken crossing the road is funny because you're not expecting his motive to be so obvious. Get it?

You don't make a team with Metapod / Silicoon, etc. and expect to win. But when you come up against a team with Cleffa / Clefairy / Clefable and they serve a real (and damaging) purpose, well... that, to me, is the greatest joke of all.

Yeah, you know what's funny? I was laughing at the suicide fairies too :P

My Feebas is almost guaranteed to take down at least one Pokemon though... she has never failed so far :)

xD sorry, no Emodisc xD

[shinysprite]370[/shinysprite]

Luvdisc@choice specs

Modest

252Atk/252Hp/6spd

-surf

-Ice beam/blizzard

-HP electric

-Brine

With Luvdisc's massive Satk, she can really put a dent in any uber. This is for when kyogre comes out. Swift swim doubles her speed so she can sweep. She gets boltbeam coverage and can dish out some major pain. :P

Or you can use this set.

[shinysprite]370[/shinysprite]

Luvdisc@leichi berry

Adamant

252Hp/252Spd/4 Hp

Endure

waterfall

flail

-filler

You endure and continue to sweep w/ flail. As you know, Water and normal get's good coverage so she can get a nuetral on almost everybody. Leichi berry boosts her attack even higher so she can take on those ubers! Any thoughts?

(I like Shiny :3 )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My gimmick team...

Battling is a party...but what is a party without BALLOONS!

"Hey look balloons! It is a party!"

-dory from finding nemo

We all know that my favorite pokemon is drifloon. Since I don’t know much about competitive battling anyway, I figured I wouldn’t get yelled at on this thread for the team being an epic fail :P so here is the balloon team.

425_drifloon_1_m.png

Job: Suicide lead/crippler

Ability: Aftermath (Its a suicide lead! Plus unburden wont work)

Item: Focus sash

Nature: Jolly

EVs concentrated in: Speed

Moveset:

Will-O-wisp

Facade

Embargo

Explosion

Comment:

Jolly in the face of death is the way this balloon goes. He is meant to go out their knowing that certain death awaits him. He is faster then the speed of light so that if someone does manage to land a killing hit he’ll be able to explode on them cause he’ll survive! The Focus band will allow him to survive a killing hit then if he goes first with his speed he’ll explode taking his foe and himself to the grave. (pokeball) Will-O-Wisp is designed to cripple the foes plus Façade’s power is doubled when a foe is effected by a burn. Embargo is to prevent item usage another crippling move.

425_drifloon_1_m.png

Job: Supporter (The imp balloon)

Ability: Unburden

Item: Leftovers

Nature: Impish

Evs concentrated in: defense and special defense (more defense though)

Moveset:

Hypnosis

Baton Pass

Calm Mind

Stockpile

Comment:

The imp balloon has taken the field and is ready to effectively give his buddies a boost. He is trained to have metal instead of rubber and is tied tighter then any knot before. It will be hard to get this balloon to pop. By using calm mind and stockpile he is able to raise his defensive stats to pass on to his team with batonpass. Hypnosis is to stall the opponent while he gains stats to pass on to his team mates. It’s a sure fire way to mess up your opponent with this balloon.

Leftovers so that he isn’t taken down and he can gain enough stats to pass on. This is a change in tactics from the lead.

425_drifloon_1_m.png

Job: Special Sweep

Ability: Unburden

Item: Wise Glasses

Nature: Timid

EVs concentrated in: Speed and Special attack

Moveset

Psychic

Baton pass

Rest

Sleep talk

Comment:

This is a balloon that will sweep you up and destroy you with psychic power so therefore it is clearly mega weak towards dark type pokemon. If it is not a dark type then using psychic primarily would be the way to go then if it ws in trouble it would use the rest + sleep talk combination. If it was in to much trouble for rest to help then baton pass it over to the next balloon which you are going to see.

040_wigglytuff_1_m.png

Job: Wall

Ability: Cute charm (only one)

Item: Silk Scarf/chople berry

Nature: Bold

Evs concentrated in: Defense and Special defense (more defense though)

Move set:

Reflect

Light Screen

Wish

Hyper Voice

Comment:

It’s another cute balloon pokemon taking the stage, but this time, its evolved! Wigglytuff comes in expecting to shut down its foes. However this balloon relies on the great baton passing abilities of the ballons ahead of her because perhaps without that defense her strategy might fall apart. Her cute charm ability will allow her to help shut down all the boy pokemon. Her silk scarf draping around her neck increases her hyper voice STAB attack making it even more deadly. Or her wonderful chople berry making sure those powerful fighting type attacks don’t do much. Her powerful defense and special defense are added to by reflect and light screen. And if for some reason she gets low on health she wishes herself back up to full health. If done properly she is a force to be reckoned with. The reason wigglytuff is focusing more on defense then her special defense stat is because her weakness is fighting type pokemon. Fighting type moves are mostly physical with the exception of aura sphere, focus blast, and vacuum wave which are special type moves.

426_drifblim_1_m.png

Job: Wall (hold on and due as much damage as possible assuming you’re behind)

Ability: Aftermath

Item: leftovers

Nature: Relaxed

Evs concentrated in: Defense and special defense (mostly special)

Moveset:

Stockpile

Will-O-wisp

thunderbolt/gyro ball (mainly thunder bolt)

Shadow ball/ rollout (mailny shadow ball)

Comment:

Assuming you’re behind because you’re foe is battling a bunch of balloons then the drifblim has to hold on. It uses its defense stats to try and shut down its opponent then it burns its foe and follows up with rollouts and some air cutter stab attacks. Leftovers help it keep in the game, but if it does go down then aftermath will give the foe a little present to remember drifblim by after all…what’s a party without presents? Gyro ball because this thing is going to be as slow, as slow can be.

040_wigglytuff_1_m.png

Job: Wall for the last stand

Ability: Cute charm

Item: poison orb

Nature: Relaxed

EVs: Defense and special defense (mostly defense)

Moveset:

Reflect

Light screen

Façade

Wish

Comment:

Wigglytuff is the last stand and its going to make an impression. Any boys will fall for her and then perish in her grip. The poison orb helps our her STAB attack facade . Her defense will be impenetrable especially with a reflect on her side. Then since façade’s power is doubled when the user is poisoned then we can have an ultra powerful STAB attack then heal up with wish.

I do realize I made a mistake with façade earlier on in this post but I’m to lazy to fix it. Well actually I’m sleepy…its late.

Let the party balloons rule! I still have to ask wraith89 to help me test this out. :) Please comment! Also, I hope I did this posting of a team thing right. It looks likes the ones other people posted so I hope its the right format.

Edited by pokemonfan
another one of wraith89's comments

Outraging Dancers!

emesprani006.gif

Charizard @ Life Orb

Adamant

40 Hp / 252 Atk / 216 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Fire Punch

- Outrage

- Thunderpunch

emesprani130.gif

Gyarados @ Leftovers

Jolly

88 Hp / 252 Atk / 188 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Outrage

- Bounce

emesprani230.gif

Kingdra @ Leftovers

Adamant

24 Hp / 252 Atk / 232 Spd

- Yawn

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Outrage

emesprani160.gif

Feraligatr @ Leftovers

Adamant

32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Waterfall

- Outrage

- Ice Punch

emesprani248.gif

Tyranitar @ Life orb

Jolly

4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Outrage

emesprani373.gif

Salamence @ Life Orb

Naive

252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spd

- Dragon Dance

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Fire Blast

The theme is Outraging Dancers. Every pokemon has Dragon Dance and Outrage along with STAB or random moves. It looks good on paper but it sucks if you don't play it right.

Accoring to Game Freak Lance is supposed to be the dragon master >.> Pffft...

I'm a ghost. I can post even when I'm offline. How? It's a secret ;)

Anyways, I don't think I can give you a positive comment if you're planning on making that team to work. I can suggest better movesets, but only when I have the time to. Then I will edit this post... because Rollout + Air Cutter = O_O

BTW does it learn Defense Curl? Defense Curl doubles the power of Rollout, btw.

Really! OMG I never knew that...well at least I have a plan for the team unlike I usually do. When I battle you usually its an epic fail. like the time you swept with beedrill. I changed air cutter to gyro ball and added air cutter on the side. My reason...gyro ball is going to help this guy against sweepers because he'll be as slow as slow can be.

I was except then it could be shut down by a ground or normal type pokemon. I didn't want that to happen. Plus drifblim doesn't have that many flying STAB attacks so its hard to get good STAB attacks onto drifblim without worrying he'll be shut down by normal types. T-bolt was so going to be in there until I thought about ground types.

There are no Normal/Ground pokes. And STAB Shadow Ball is great. I see Gengars running Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt... what's wrong with Drifblim using it? It's much better than Gyro Ball and Air Cutter >.>

Thunderbolt hits common pokes very hard for Super Effective. And besides... Pokemon isn't "I use one Pokemon to take down a whole team". No... it's a game with team play. If you feel that Drifblim will be shut from Normal or Ground Pokemon... then have a counter ready at hand. Don't expect one Pokemon to take down everything :-/