Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

xfr

Nintendo does not consider renicknaming events a legal practise and in the same spirit only nicknames that were given by the original trainer of a Pokémon will be considered legal in Pokécheck. In application of this rule I will not make the changes you are requesting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Confirmed. I was able to take a Mudkip to the HGSS move tutor and teach it Earth Power. It may be that the move can only be tutored in HGSS and not Platinum, like with Sunflora.

Yeah, I can't belive Bulbapedia/Serebii/Veekun/... were all wrong on that one. I fixed it however.

I was just commenting on a possible change, I will explain:

1.- I was not referring only to events, I referring at all (pal park, capture, egg, ...). It is because events can also be done if it matches the id-sid (in the third and fourth generation just need this to change the nick).

2.- Although Nintendo did not consider renicknaming oficial events, and less if allowed by the game or for an error of them (in this case at first). In my opinion (and I think I have reason here), we must rely on what can be done legally in the game, ie, if the game allows is legal and if not allows it's illegal.

I will put some examples:

-a player who does not use any program manipulation, for example imagine that comes out the same id-sid that some official event, for example Pichu, and as he likes to nick the pokemon, it evolves into Raichu and you put for example "mouse". Then he goes to a tournament and say that Raichu is illegal because it has nick and allowed it to change the game. It would be unfair not to let him participate, other than it would be legal.

-Imagine, for example, that you put yourself a nickname to a pokemon event because you like nick put them, for example Milotic vgc and you take him to a tournament to participate and tell you that it is illegal because it has nick. You would not anger you made ​​of the tournament for something you've done in a legal manner?

-Imagine for example, someone wants to see data from their pokemon from their original game and make it illegal event for this. It is thought that the event is illegal or whatever, knowing that legally and managed to eliminate from your game.

I'm not saying that the messages they leave are the only option, I propose to add other messages so if you find that the name is not what should be their default (except gba and bw oficial events where the sid is 00000) leaving multiple messages, for example:

-This pokemon is hacked

-Your id-sid matches the pokemon and have changed the name

And for those cases that the sid is 00000, for example: pokemon is hacked because it is impossible to obtain sid 00000.

Anyway, just want to say it's not illegal if the game allows it legally.

Also wanted to comment that on the web, there are some events that you agree that the spaces are filled with pairs of FFFF, for example Arceus eigakan, if you have Arceus\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF\FFFF mark it as legal when is illegal.

Also wanted to comment that in the name of the OT, for example Ash, and someone has edited some pokemon having for example a 7 digit's in name and now puts Ash and after the first couple of FFFF (which indicate that it is not then open show) there are some hidden character, marks it as lawful when is illegal, for example Kyurem and charmander from egg:

Kyurem:

Ash\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\FFFF (legal)

Ash\FFFF\4300\4100\0000\FFFF (illegal)

Charmander from egg:

Ash\FFFF\0000\0000\0000\0000 (legal)

Ash\FFFF\4300\4100\0000\0000 (illegal)

Those marked as illegal and in the pages are that are legal, when they can not be because the name of the OT / EO is impossible to change in the game.

Even if it is possible to legally have the same OT name, ID, SID, language and region as someone else or as an event, this is over 200 bits that must be equal hence this cannot possibly happen unless you are trying to do it deliberately. Any nickname change that happens on a different game than the original is hence a deliberate break of the game intended mechanic on nicknames. Even if it's allowed by the game (because there's no better way to be sure a Pokémon is yours originally) any breach of this rule should be considered as deliberate hacking. Furthermore, if you consider this practise legal then every default trash byte string is valid on pal park and events. What you are asking is making a huge number of hacks legal just because you want to renickname events or traded stuff, which in itself should be considered hacking.

Furthermore I don't know where you get your info on trash bytes but they're wrong. Sid 0 is legal, Eigakan Arceus has all \FFFF trash bytes, a kyurem with Ash\FFFF\4300\4100\0000\FFFF as trash bytes will get a clear warning the trash bytes are incorrect.

So they have put more restrictions on black and white games, to stop this from happening, but in previous games allowed by the game itself is legal, look where you look. At least I am assured that if I have a pokemon so is legal, because there is a possibility that I leave the same id-sid. I want to state that I do not like pokemon with nicknames, but if I like helping people and detect application failures, report them and detect hacked pokemon.

But the possibility not exists, would not have commented.

-On the Web makes me that if a pokemon has sid 00000, lacks to sid.

-What's Arceus will review it.

-What's kyurem might provide about 3 weeks ago, maybe already fixed haveis, I will prove it when I can.

if you want to make clear that I consider and I consider myself pretty good at this. I do not mean better or worse than anyone, just that what I mean.

Even though only the id/sid must match in gen 4, 1 in 2^32 will never happen by chance or by soft reset any time soon.

You might consider yourself "pretty good at this", but please understand my lack of sympathy for requests such as yours. You used Sabresite's and my own research on trash bytes to make a hacking tool (trash byte fixer's only purpose is to create legal hacks for cheating in trades and tournaments, which I consider breaks the PP forum rules. But I'm not a moderator so I kept my mouth shut). Then you have the nerve to ask me to make more hacks legal for the 2^-32 chance of equal ids when the post before I refused to make TID 0 legal to Agonist even though it's a 2^-15 chance of happening and it should be legal if not for bad hacks.

I respect that you consider cheating or not when using editors to look like that have been made legally, but that does not mean they are not legal, but rather would be illegitimate.

I don't understand if you mean used information / programs sabresite or yours, but to be the case, I want to make is that all the information and found out so far, most of it myself and found out on my own (with my test) and if at any time and received support (as for example a user who told me how to correct them quickly (did some testing), I said when publishing the program.

Anyway, just wanted to help, I do not want to fight with anyone.

pd: and proven as the Arceus and if it is as you say, do not get to provide up yesterday because I thought it worked in games black and white. I do believe is that for hatched pokemon, which also may be valid that have filled with pairs espacion of 0000 (I insist that only a suggestion) because is far more provable that what I say about the events (for example, if you can throw mote and later want to remove).

I have an Alakazam with a PID coming up as Invalid. I meant it to be evolved from a Dream World Abra with Magic Guard, so I put the 66 (0x42) as "1" to mark it as a Dream World ability. I'm 99.99% sure everything is in legal boundaries (I found the PID in the finder that matched). I'm really confused as to what's happening. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, what does...

--------------------Alakazam\xFFFF\x0000\x0000

► Nickname-----All characters in name are valid.

--------------- Invalid terminator sequence in trash bytes. ...This nonsense mean??

I'm not using a nickname. It's not flagged as one, so... I'm a bit confused.

OH, and here's a screenshot of it: http://www.pokecheck.org/?screenshot=700392&la

Edited by Devboy316
Adding Screenshot

Gen III events without the fateful encounter flag aren't showing up as hacked. I downloaded this Deoxys and this one a few months ago; I just glanced at the legality analysis and didn't see any red flags so I thought they were fine. Today I tried to re-upload them after tweaking their EVs and giving them different moves and I got the 13267 error code. I was confused at first until I compared them to a legit Deoxys that passed the filter and noticed they weren't fateful encounter.

Also, can you confirm that Deoxys learns DynamicPunch via tutor in Emerald? Pokécheck marks it as hacked/event only, so I checked Serebii; it's listed in their Gen III dex but not in the Gen III/IV section of their Gen V dex, so I wanted to make sure it can in fact learn it. I really hope it can, because the aforementioned legit Deoxys came with DynamicPunch; I will be SO MAD if it turns out to be hacked too. -_-

Gen III events without the fateful encounter flag aren't showing up as hacked. I downloaded this Deoxys and this one a few months ago; I just glanced at the legality analysis and didn't see any red flags so I thought they were fine. Today I tried to re-upload them after tweaking their EVs and giving them different moves and I got the 13267 error code. I was confused at first until I compared them to a legit Deoxys that passed the filter and noticed they weren't fateful encounter.

Sorry about that, Pokécheck was never good for gen 3 & 4 because it doesn't check encounters (the main reason being that there's a huge, gigantic list of exceptions to normal encounters and I never got the courage to list all of them). I added a check for gen 3 legendary fateful flag though.

Also, can you confirm that Deoxys learns DynamicPunch via tutor in Emerald? Pokécheck marks it as hacked/event only, so I checked Serebii; it's listed in their Gen III dex but not in the Gen III/IV section of their Gen V dex, so I wanted to make sure it can in fact learn it. I really hope it can, because the aforementioned legit Deoxys came with DynamicPunch; I will be SO MAD if it turns out to be hacked too. -_-

All my info on Deoxys' moveset seems to be wrong but I think you can indeed tutor it DynamicPunch in Emerald.

Sorry about that, Pokécheck was never good for gen 3 & 4 because it doesn't check encounters (the main reason being that there's a huge, gigantic list of exceptions to normal encounters and I never got the courage to list all of them). I added a check for gen 3 legendary fateful flag though.

Only Mew and Deoxys should have fateful encounter flags in Gen 3, you set it to all legendaries.

LEGALITY ANALYSIS BUG

Alright, I RNG'd a 30/30/30/30/30/30 shiny Japanese Ditto: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=724896 . I nicknamed it with it's original name and put a English "0" at the end to identify that it is a 30/30/30/30/30/30 Ditto.

I ID SID RNG abused off a seed where I caught this Ditto to test the seed: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=724355 .

So, I RNG'd everything correctly using OD's RNG Reporter on a Pokemon White Japanese cart. If you look at the shiny Ditto, the legality analysis says: This Pokémon is not nicknamed but its name doesn't match the species name for its OT's language. Obviously, what I did was I put Ditto's Japanese name then a 0 (you can put English characters in Japanese games, including numbers (obviously)). For some reason, it thinks I did not nickname it.

Now, if you look at the 2nd link (the non shiny Ditto with the same seed I used and same retail cart) you'll see it doesn't show that even though I have the 0. It's because I messed up the first character in the nickname because the real one looks very similar. This made legality analysis recognize that I did indeed nickname it and found no problem with the 0 after it.

Here is the same exact shiny Ditto with 2 different nicknames in screenshot form (1 with the false first character and 1 with the correct one):

Correct spelling of Ditto in Japanese then 0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54303432/1.png

Incorrect spelling of Ditto in Japanese then 0 (first character is different but looks very similar): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54303432/2.png

All in all, legality analysis thinks name's of the Pokemon are hacked if the NICKNAME of the Pokemon is it's ACTUAL name + a non Japanese character in Japanese games.

Update:

Just did a hex-flawless (same retail cart, etc) and it seems my hypothesis is wrong. It's just some coding error xfr figured out: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54303432/xfr.png

Best Regards,

Hazey

Edited by Hazey

-Ditto In the first image, this marked the attribute of nick? If not marked, you get it is normal that does not match the default name

-It's zero, perhaps because of the font that has the Japanese game (including size) so that when you type "M" is different from the Japanese game to the English game.

I also provare to see if it's the same with the spanish games and tomorrow i'll post the results.

Edit:

I proved with a Jolteon DW and here I have the results:

unmarked nick:

Jolteon0\xFFFF\x0000\xFFFF

This Pokémon is not nicknamed but its name doesn't match the species name for its OT's language.

marked nick:

Jolteon0\xFFFF\x0000\xFFFF

All characters in name are valid.

No trash bytes (can have been nicknamed from Eevee)

I leave de links:

unmarked nick: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=727136

marked nick: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=727135

Edited by marcos9191

Hi, could anyone explain me what it means, I uploaded one of my pokemon and this is the result:

► GTS Metadata No GTS metadata available for this trainer. - What?

► IVs This Pokémon is likely edited or RNG abused. - No it is not.

► EVs Pokémon is EV trained but not infected with pokérus. - ehm... yeah?

This Pokemon is 100% legal

Hi, could anyone explain me what it means, I uploaded one of my pokemon and this is the result:

► GTS Metadata No GTS metadata available for this trainer. - What?

► IVs This Pokémon is likely edited or RNG abused. - No it is not.

► EVs Pokémon is EV trained but not infected with pokérus. - ehm... yeah?

This Pokemon is 100% legal

If there's no red warning flags on your Pokémon, don't worry about it.

1) GTS metadata info

2) It says "likely". For your Pokemon to have IVs as high as they are (which we don't know since you didn't post a link...) it is most likely, but not guaranteed, that it was RNG abused or edited.

3) Most people will infect their Pokemon with Pokerus in order to speed up the EV training process. Most people editing their Pokemon won't bother. The analysis is just being thorough in looking at possible warning signs. It doesn't apply to you, so don't worry about it.

Thank you for the answers.

I uploaded my Heatran and my Metagross now.

There are some strange results:

► Nickname \xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\xFFFF

This Pokémon had its trash bytes removed (possibly by the name rater)

► Nickname \xFFFF\x4D01\xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\xFFFF

Found trash bytes but no associated name. Can be the result of a changed nickname or a combination of different kinds of trashbyte (e.g. evolve after transfer or nickname after evolution)

► Happiness This Pokémon has lower than base happiness

It doesn't help if you delete them.

You nicknamed over previous characters, that's why trash exists after the terminators. It cannot recognize where the x4D01 came from, you might have nicknamed it multiple times.

As for the happiness, 70 is the base happiness for a newly received (from trade / GTS) Pokemon, in gen 4 at the least.

I'm getting a false positive:

In Platinum I bred a Tyrogue with Mach Punch and Bullet Punch (Hitmontop Parent), then evolved it into Hitmontop and tutor him Sucker Punch. Then send him to my Black version, and im getting a "Hacked / Event only" on the egg moves...

?screenshot=743808&la