Gym Leaders Should Be More Tough!

wraith89

Hm, thinking about what you're saying Pokedaemon. I realized that transition was a bit too big... but what if Johto added challenges and all? The reason everything was underleveled back then is because of those low leveled wild Pokemon and low leveled trainers... but let's change that scale to Sinnoh-like... hmmm... might work. I don't know... I just don't know what to say. I think it's the overleveled trainer against Chuck problem... so I might consider changing Chuck's levels a bit. Thanks for your input... and btw I love how you use your Lax Crew all the time... it keeps me entertained! :D

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bugssy ledian for yanma,chuck tyrogue,pyrce sneasel for cloyster,sabrina slowking and misty lanturn for quagsire.

Bugsy is a second gym leader... why would I put in something with THAT massive Special Def?

Tyrogue is a baby Pokemon... no way :P

Pryce... I'll think about it... but he seems like the Cloyster guy.

Sabrina... hmmm...

Misty originally had Quagsire in the original one... so I don't see why not. Plus I put many Thunderbolters in so Lanturn won't matter now, but maybe the rematches...

Wrong topic, buddy. Comment on the new lineups I added (Kanto and Red). And for me, I don't care much...

Oh sorry. I thought I would say it because of my previous comments stating how much I hated MAJOR changes. Changing Crystal from Johto was a big mistake. Satoshi, I will see you in hell... Nah Satoshi Tajiri's cool.

Oh sorry. I thought I would say it because of my previous comments stating how much I hated MAJOR changes. Changing Crystal from Johto was a big mistake. Satoshi, I will see you in hell... Nah Satoshi Tajiri's cool.

So you're going to hell with him O_O

Don't! :(

So what do you think about it? Do you think there are stuff to change?

None of lances pokes have hyper beam all of them had it before two dragonites have safeguard i whould stick hyper beam on one the one with ice beam.

Hmmm, Hyper Beam is a signature move in game... I forgot about it completely because I play competitively more. I wonder if I should...

Hmmm, Hyper Beam is a signature move in game... I forgot about it completely because I play competitively more. I wonder if I should...

Easy to overlook im just pointing it out hyper beam was kind of forgoten about after GS.:D (on gyrados what does taunt do again?)

Those levels look nice, it would help keep me, one of those lazy trainers, at good levels just to keep up with them. I usually kept my Poke at minimum level possible for winning and struggled a lot.

Red's team levels look better now. :) Although, I would think Pikachu would be Lv. 100 after all that time in Kanto and all. A challenge, yes, but it sounds cool to me.

Those levels look nice, it would help keep me, one of those lazy trainers, at good levels just to keep up with them. I usually kept my Poke at minimum level possible for winning and struggled a lot.

Red's team levels look better now. :) Although, I would think Pikachu would be Lv. 100 after all that time in Kanto and all. A challenge, yes, but it sounds cool to me.

Do you think Red should have a second batch too? Or should he just stay like that?

Raised Chuck's levels a bit... it's a LONG way from Ecruteak to Cianwood...

Do you think Red should have a second batch too? Or should he just stay like that?

I believe his team is fine as is. It's his original team, right? I'd stick with it.

And a little note: I never thought about where he got his Poke, like Eevee from the mansion and all... this is the first time I ever noticed. haha.

I think it would be nice if they used newer Pokemon too with their teams.

For example:

Morty can have a Sleep Haunter, Special Gengar, Sableye and Physical Haunter.

Claire can have a Special Dragonair, Altaria, Mix Dragonair and Salamence.

In-game trainers and all, they should be more challenging, but no, I disagree with the "maniac-mode" level difficulty.

Also, since this is the Johto region, you won't see Pokémon outside of the dex as Pokémon for Gym Leaders and all.

Also, where's Misty's Gyarados : P

I believe his team is fine as is. It's his original team, right? I'd stick with it.

And a little note: I never thought about where he got his Poke, like Eevee from the mansion and all... this is the first time I ever noticed. haha.

Yeah, I felt like adding that stuff in to tell you where he got his team from. :)

In-game trainers and all, they should be more challenging, but no, I disagree with the "maniac-mode" level difficulty.

Also, since this is the Johto region, you won't see Pokémon outside of the dex as Pokémon for Gym Leaders and all.

Also, where's Misty's Gyarados : P

Misty has a Gyarados? What?! Not in the games :P

Wow Wraith I love the Kanto leaders and Red's team. Very nice. I would love to see something like this in the remake. *crosses fingers* They need to do something to make it tougher then the original. There is just so much more you can do with a game now a days then you could all those years ago.

BTW thank you very much for the link.

Wow, so you looked through this whole mess of people posting and you found the link? Nice nice :D

Yeah, I'm hoping for something like this too... but it's Gamefreak, we all know what they cannot not disappoint @_@

I'm going to make a rematch thread later... and in that thread, non-Kanto/Johto Pokemon can be suggested, so stay tuned :)

Yeah, I like to actually read a thread before I post xD

Oh that sounds like fun. I wasn't fond of Gen 3, but it only makes sense that they will have some for the rematches since Gen 3 takes place at the same time as Gen 1. Some of the pokemon weren't that bad, the story just sucked. Can't wait for the new teams. Awesome job!

Looking forward to the rematches!whould there be like a level cap?in platinum none of the rematch pokes went above lv65.i dont think there should be a level cap but we must keep the levels within reason.

It really depends on the trainers. For now, I'm guessing 70ish... and Blue will match up to Red (Blue's a special one, I have to do something with him :D)

I agree that Red needs to be epic. I mean, they talk like he is some sort of trainer god in the manga. Even when people come along and whoop his butt people are like "OMG NO ONE CAN BEAT RED!!1shift1 lol

I have some high hopes for this game and all this talk about making the trainers/leaders tougher is getting me excited. I am not going to be able to stand the wait.