Archived Sticky: Is the GameStop Celebi 02271 still Legit?

Sabresite

Is the GameStop Celebi Legit?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is the GameStop Celebi Legit?

• Yes. Even though Nintendo/GameStop messed up the date, its still legit because it COULD have been distributed!
    • No. Because Nintendo did not go through with distributing it on the wrong date, its now "undistributed" content!

Yeah, not believing that :P

The window was at least a week. I would be surprised if this new distro cart didn't have the beasts in addition to the new Celebi, which explains why that guy got the GameStop to give him the Raikou.

I don't see why that person would be lying about getting the Raikou from Gamestop yesterday instead of at the start of January...

Remember, the European Shaymin distribution rom was dumped more than 6 months after the stores were supposed to send back the distribution cart, so there are chances that a Gamestop store could have kept the distribution cart for a few weeks longer.

Some Gamestop stores didn't even know how to get the distribution cart running, so there's a possibility they forgot to send it back.

Well that would be weird then.

If they indeed did that, then they could simply have changed the ID number on the Celebi and kept the GAMESTP OT.

Just a few posts ago on the top of the page, there's someone who works at Gamestop and dumped the rom.

Maybe he can enlighten us as to if the new cart has the shiny beasts?

I got a resonce to my email from TPCI This is going to shock you

I sent this to Pokemon using there new Report system in stead emal them

reciced a Celebi in a Trade that has the OT GAMESTP. I would like to know if this is a hack Pokemon or if this is the leaked Pokemon

If its the leaked Pokemon how is it going to be classed a Hack or Legit (Legal)for events.

I would like to know as I plan on making a team would like to use this Celebi if it is a legit Pokemon Please let me know

This is what I recived to day

Dear Jason Williams,

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

The GAMESTP Celebi was a legitimate distribution. However, there is no way to verify that the Celebi you received is legitimate, as it was received via trade, and not via official distribution.

It is always recommended that players use only Pokemon that they themselves have trained in order to be sure that there are no issues with legality at official events.

Thank you,

Dave

The following Customer(s) have been CC'ed:

Question Information:

Question #: 15182-1215

Date Created: 3/2/2011 12:09:03 AM

To update or check the status of this Question:

1. Go to: http://support.pokemon.com/link/portal/15182/15227/Ticket/1215

2. Log in, and you will be automatically taken to the Question page.

If you have general questions, please direct them to support@pokemon.com.

The Pokemon is Official a Legit Pokemon This is proof that the GAMESTP Celebi is official a Legit Pokemon.

I lied about how I got the Pokemon because I did not want to get the guy from Gamestop introuble after all he did help me get the pokemon.

So I say this is official. If any one want me to forewd the email to them PM me your email and I will forword it to you. I think this put an end to the debate is it legit or hack

Hmm. If this is indeed a legitimate response from TPCI (Which I don't doubt. It looks solid.) and they have no problem that the Celebi is out and about then I'm forced to change my answer and say that the Gamestp Celebi can be considered Legit. If it can be used in tournaments and such with no repercussions and such from officials then yeah it's Legit. However, I do have one question. Will this mean all Gamestp Celebi's are Legit which is to say the leaked rom wondercards as well as the Celebi's obtained at Gamestop stores from employees? Or only Celebis' obtained at the Gamestop stores from the employees?

They are all the exact same, be they received from the leaked ROM, from Gamestop itself or from a .pcd file.

However, the only really legit way of obtaining it would be from Gamestop, because to use the distribution rom and the Wondercard files, you have to use an external device.

Hmm. If this is indeed a legitimate response from TPCI (Which I don't doubt. It looks solid.) and they have no problem that the Celebi is out and about then I'm forced to change my answer and say that the Gamestp Celebi can be considered Legit. If it can be used in tournaments and such with no repercussions and such from officials then yeah it's Legit. However, I do have one question. Will this mean all Gamestp Celebi's are Legit which is to say the leaked rom wondercards as well as the Celebi's obtained at Gamestop stores from employees? Or only Celebis' obtained at the Gamestop stores from the employees?

I do not think there is a way to tell if it came from Gamestop or the Leaked Rom all the rom is the file to give it out upload that to a flashcart and people could give out the Celebi all they want and I do not think any one could tell the diffirents

Not authorized to view the page, it might be in dispute right now (retracted their comment).

If it does stay "legit", then it's as legit as someone claiming to have a PCNY Wish Blissey. Sure they can exist, but they are so rare that almost every single one was not obtained from the event itself.

Right.

The issue at hand would be whether or not they would be accepting them at tournaments as "official." Since the event was sent out, its existence is possible, so this reply indicates they are willing to accept it.... unless as Kaphotics said, it's in dispute? Or maybe only the original person can view the page.

At any rate, the Gamestop Celebis that DID make it out there, actually FROM the instore distro machine (either from the date being set wrong, or getting a favor from store staff) are going to be so few in number that anyone will doubtfully ever see a fully legit one.... everyone else who has one got one from the dumped rom or pcd/pgt files... or a bad hack.

98% of the people in the world who have a Gamestop Celebi do not have a legit one.

Not authorized to view the page, it might be in dispute right now (retracted their comment).

If it does stay "legit", then it's as legit as someone claiming to have a PCNY Wish Blissey. Sure they can exist, but they are so rare that almost every single one was not obtained from the event itself.

The link in the email can only be accasued from my Pokemon Trainer account do to I use my account to send the email I can fowared the email as a copy of it is sent to my yahoo

Right.

The issue at hand would be whether or not they would be accepting them at tournaments as "official." Since the event was sent out, its existence is possible, so this reply indicates they are willing to accept it.... unless as Kaphotics said, it's in dispute? Or maybe only the original person can view the page.

At any rate, the Gamestop Celebis that DID make it out there, actually FROM the instore distro machine (either from the date being set wrong, or getting a favor from store staff) are going to be so few in number that anyone will doubtfully ever see a fully legit one.... everyone else who has one got one from the dumped rom or pcd/pgt files... or a bad hack.

98% of the people in the world who have a Gamestop Celebi do not have a legit one.

Guested, they do not use a "distribution machine". Its a normal WHITE NDS Lite called a "store demo unit". They put the cartridge in it, set the NDS to charge and leave it on 24/7. I have seen/used these NDS's at toys r us on multiple occasions. They however would NOT let me remove/use the cartridge myself.

Here's what Nintendo has told me. They know less of what's going on than we do. I need evidence/proof from Nintendo's site (I don't know where to look) that WIN2011 was distributed at both Mall Tour AND wide distribution Gamestops:

The GAMESTP Celebi was the distribution at the Black and White Mall Tours, via Game Stop locations. The WIN2011 is the wider distribution taking place at Game Stop locations now. Both are official.

Thank you,

Pokemon Support Team

Should I push the issue or let them think this so we can use it? O_o

I think it's obvious the Pokémon Support Team and... whoever takes care of events, aren't the same team.

For one, why would they send a distribution cart with the shiny beasts at the Mall Tour if they only planned to distribute Celebi?

Guested, they do not use a "distribution machine". Its a normal WHITE NDS Lite called a "store demo unit". They put the cartridge in it, set the NDS to charge and leave it on 24/7. I have seen/used these NDS's at toys r us on multiple occasions. They however would NOT let me remove/use the cartridge myself.

I know this. And when you put that all together, it is a machine that distributes event pokemon. What I said was not incorrect, and it doesn't change anything I've stated.

So there.

:P

Here's what Nintendo has told me. They know less of what's going on than we do. I need evidence/proof from Nintendo's site (I don't know where to look) that WIN2011 was distributed at both Mall Tour AND wide distribution Gamestops:

The GAMESTP Celebi was the distribution at the Black and White Mall Tours, via Game Stop locations. The WIN2011 is the wider distribution taking place at Game Stop locations now. Both are official.

Thank you,

Pokemon Support Team

Should I push the issue or let them think this so we can use it? O_o

heh, they distributed the WIN2011 at the Mall Tours, not the GAMESTP, silly nintenderp!

You need to send an email to the Pokemon USA Event team. I'll get in contact with them when I have time. I should still have their phone number somewhere.

Could you give me there email or phone number I have a few question to ask them.

I was kind of confused about that myself. :< My manager did mention that we haven't been getting some shipments, which I thought was really strange... though, we did have some really cruddy weather not too long ago that literally stopped all deliveries coming in and going out. Maybe that had something to do with it?

I was expecting the WIN2011 one, but then I remembered that, so maybe we're just using our old cartridge.

I'm changing my view from Legal -> Legit.

According to him, he brought his DS at work to download the Celebi they currently were distributing.

He said he had received a GAMESTP one instead of a WIN2011 one.