Gaming: Pokémon Gold and Silver Remake?

NewsBot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it is a remake it better not be DSi exclusive...would be a very poor decision on their behalf. although the 1st gen remake was the same platform as the 3rd gen...by that logic 2nd gen remake would be that same as 4th gen. guess i'll see the result in a week or so

I highly doubt it'll be DSi exclusive. It would be a very poor marketing idea.

How can it be "DSi exclusive" (except if it's for the download store)? They use the same types of cart, and the only gaming difference is no GBA slot for Pal-Park.

But any of the dozens of millions of people who own DS/Lite won't have that problem anyway.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Why wouldn't anyone buy the game if it was DSi exclusive? :\ A lot of people have the DSi.

He should've said sales would be much much lower if it were exclusive. It's a hefty price to move up to a DSi and get the remake.

Theoretically it could make use of the camera somehow I guess, but I highly, highly doubt they would make a feature like that so integral that it would be unplayable on previous DSs.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this. *_* I think the movie poster with the G/S starters is the most solid piece of "evidence". If it's real (I haven't really looked into it), I don't see how there COULDN'T be G/S remakes coming.

Well that's completely idiotic because there is no possibility it could be a DSi exclusive. They use the same cartridge as DS/DS Lite PLUS there would be no need for Pal Park if we have a GS remake with DPPt. As Jamuko said, unless they make use of the DSi camera, there is no possible way it would be "DSi Exclusive" and if by some WEIRD chance it is, be part of the general population and get a DSi and keep your old one like myself.

Well that's completely idiotic because there is no possibility it could be a DSi exclusive. They use the same cartridge as DS/DS Lite PLUS there would be no need for Pal Park if we have a GS remake with DPPt. As Jamuko said, unless they make use of the DSi camera, there is no possible way it would be "DSi Exclusive" and if by some WEIRD chance it is, be part of the general population and get a DSi and keep your old one like myself.

Agreed. While the features with the DSi are great, none of them are really anything that would cause it to be "DSi exclusive" unless a new feature is utilized, such as the camera or the storage space. And even then, I can easily see whatever new games are made working on both the DS/Lite and DSi because they use the same cartridges, just those small features wouldn't be available.

If they do remake G/S/C, I hope we can travel to all the regions! That would be so awesome!

As has been said plenty, traveling to all regions will make for a boring game since most of the space will be used for maps.

I can see them fitting both Johto and Kanto in one cartridge, a third, full size, region might be possible. But 4 would not be.

Well they could techincally make it a DSi exclusive by making it need the new cpu speed or the increased ram. If by any chance though it has a pokemon box/ranch like feature to save extra pokemon onto a sd card, I'll be more likely to want a DSi.

Also I really hope it is a remake but an improved PBR would be the next best thing. Though I'd assume that a new PBR would come anyways if there is a remake coming.

Edit: Now that I think about it though. If they do include a pokemon box thingy for the DSi I'm sure someone would hack it and let you use any backup devices you may have.

As has been said plenty, traveling to all regions will make for a boring game since most of the space will be used for maps.

Not to mention that this would only be possible on a home-console, and Gamefreak has repeatedly said that they have no interest in developing console games for Pokemon. And, as far as I'm concerned, they're the only developers with any sort of consistency for Pokemon games.

I can see them fitting both Johto and Kanto in one cartridge, a third, full size, region might be possible. But 4 would not be.

I can see it being similar in size as it was in Gen II. Pretty ghost-like.

Honestly, the best announcement, for me, would be Pokemon Ranch gets re-released without all the horrible restrictions on it. Or they could just add a Ranch-like aspect to a new Wii game and I'd be happy with that too.