- 0 replies
- 836 views
- Add Reply
peer, our new technical administrator, has worked with XenForo in the past and repeatedly hit its (and peer’s) limits.
We had an IP.Board license readily available, whereas we’d have had to purchase XenForo separately.
Looking at the track record of vBulletin for security, and seeing how XenForo is mostly the old vBulletin guys starting a new project, there were security concerns.
- 34 replies
- 3304 views
- Add Reply
- 48 replies
- 7597 views
- Add Reply
PKHeX has been updated to version 16.12.21, introducing various improvements and bug fixes.
- Legality: Fine tuned problematic cases (Island Scan, SOS slots, Ash Greninja, result descriptions).
- Added: Battle Box slot indication and edit prevention for Generation 7 save files.
- Added: Party Drag&Drop
- Added: Zygarde Core stored count; also improved subform "Collect All" button method.
- Added: Pokédex forme editing (Gen7).
- Added: Advanced randomization for Batch Editor. Syntax: $x,y to have a random value within [x,y].
- Added: Property value type indication for Batch Editor. Hints the program's expectation for a value (string, number).
- Added: PKM Report now can be exported to markdown format (Reddit/GitHub) with column headers.
- Added: Unofficial VC savefile size for Gen 2 (GSC) games.
- Changed: Battle Revolution filename now contains the save counter to differentiate save files.
- Changed: Illegal XP/level handling improved to not reset to legal/irregular values.
- Changed: Gen 2 shiny randomization now gives random attack IVs.
- Changed: Gen 2 filenames now save with shiny & forme indication text.
- Fixed: ShowdownSet importing Type: Null with an item now imports correctly.
- Fixed: Setting a traded egg now behaves properly (Gen6/7).
- Fixed: Bulk importing now transfers pkm files correctly.
- Fixed: Species that have formes with different gender ratios (ie Pikachu cap) now use the correct ratio.
- Fixed: GameSync ID now displays correctly (Gen7).
- Fixed: Trainer Editor TSV text repitition in tooltip.
- Fixed: GiveAll no longer appears in the Inventory Editor for Gen 3 games.
- Fixed: Setting a Pokemon from another trainer without a Handling Trainer value will have friendship updated accordingly.
- Fixed: Handling Trainer gender now is set correctly. If you notice the Illegal indication -> Legal when checked...
Following our recent hack, we’ve finally restored our infrastructure: the forums have been migrated to IP.Board, and we’ve brought back the wiki.
Invision Power Board
Invision Power Board (IP.Board, IPB) is a state-of-the-art forum software with a better security reputation than vBulletin, which we used to use. As vBulletin 4 approached EOL and clearly showed its age, we were considering how to proceed: with vBulletin 5 or something else entirely. The choice, as you can clearly see, has been made.
Some of you have already asked why we didn’t choose the software du jour XenForo. This is due to a few reasons:
If you have any questions about using Invision Power Board, please create a thread in the Forums Feedback forum.
Due to concerns in real life, @Alpha has decided to no longer be the primary administrator. This means he’ll still be around, but will be less active than usual. We thank him for his hard work maintaining Project Pokémon, and his absence is a loss to Project Pokémon. Helping to fill his place will be myself and @peer, who is our new technical administrator.
The hackers deleted a large quantity of data, including some of our more recent backups. As a result, we have lost one year of forum attachments and a up to a few hours of forum posts. The good news is that @theSLAYER, our event moderator, has stockpiled generations of events and several programs, so the situation could have been far worse. @peer is looking into setting up automatic offsite backups to prevent this from happening again.
Hashed passwords are still in the wild. We strongly encourage you to immediately change your passwords here and everywhere you’ve used the same passwords. While hashed passwords are not supposed to be reversible (i.e. your password shouldn’t be able to be derived from the hash), vBulletin’s hashing algorithm is very weak, making it that much more important you change your passwords.
Let’s not let the data loss get us down; it’s time to move forward. With the recent release of Pokémon Sun and Moon, there still cool things to discover, technical details to be researched, and ROM hacks to be created. (Not to mention there’s some cool stuff going on in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon side of things - more on this later.)
As a reminder, the User-Submitted News forum was introduced a few weeks ago to help bring attention to things such as updates to Save and ROM editors, ROM hacks, and other cool stuff worthy of the front page. If you know of anything noteworthy, post it there so it has a chance to be seen by all!
We would like to, once more, apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our staff, create a thread in the appropriate feedback forum, or ask in our IRC channel.
SciresM and Kaphotics et al have been making great progress datamining. So far, we have information on wild encounters, Pokémon and move stats, game and story text, box sprites, and more!
Please be aware that these resources may contain spoilers, so if you want everything to be a surprise, you should probably stop reading here. Still here? Here's the the results of the datamine:
Part 1: Starter Stats and Moves
Part 2: More Stats
Part 3: Even More Stats
Part 4: Legendary Stats
Part 5: Ultra Beast Stats
Part 6: Mythical Stats
Part 7: Game and story text
Part 8: Learn-sets
Part 9: Box Sprites
Before/after of all past generation stats
Marshadow's Signature Move
Alolan Forms & Zygarde