Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

Re: Beta: the pokécheck legality checker for generation 5

This a valid terminator sequence if you Alakazam not nicknamed. The last 2 bytes always end with a pair of FF.

Alakazam\xFFFF\x0000\xFFFF

This aplication serve to correct trash bytes in bw games:
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...28version-4%29

Pokecheck isn't meant for checking deliberately hacked pokemon.

Gen III events without the fateful encounter flag aren't showing up as hacked. I downloaded this Deoxys and this one a few months ago; I just glanced at the legality analysis and didn't see any red flags so I thought they were fine. Today I tried to re-upload them after tweaking their EVs and giving them different moves and I got the 13267 error code. I was confused at first until I compared them to a legit Deoxys that passed the filter and noticed they weren't fateful encounter.

Also, can you confirm that Deoxys learns DynamicPunch via tutor in Emerald? Pokécheck marks it as hacked/event only, so I checked Serebii; it's listed in their Gen III dex but not in the Gen III/IV section of their Gen V dex, so I wanted to make sure it can in fact learn it. I really hope it can, because the aforementioned legit Deoxys came with DynamicPunch; I will be SO MAD if it turns out to be hacked too. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Centurion View Post
    Gen III events without the fateful encounter flag aren't showing up as hacked. I downloaded this Deoxys and this one a few months ago; I just glanced at the legality analysis and didn't see any red flags so I thought they were fine. Today I tried to re-upload them after tweaking their EVs and giving them different moves and I got the 13267 error code. I was confused at first until I compared them to a legit Deoxys that passed the filter and noticed they weren't fateful encounter.
    Sorry about that, Pokécheck was never good for gen 3 & 4 because it doesn't check encounters (the main reason being that there's a huge, gigantic list of exceptions to normal encounters and I never got the courage to list all of them). I added a check for gen 3 legendary fateful flag though.

Also, can you confirm that Deoxys learns DynamicPunch via tutor in Emerald? Pokécheck marks it as hacked/event only, so I checked Serebii; it's listed in their Gen III dex but not in the Gen III/IV section of their Gen V dex, so I wanted to make sure it can in fact learn it. I really hope it can, because the aforementioned legit Deoxys came with DynamicPunch; I will be SO MAD if it turns out to be hacked too. -_-
    All my info on Deoxys' moveset seems to be wrong but I think you can indeed tutor it DynamicPunch in Emerald.
    Pokécheck - A GTS to let you deposit and receive pokemon, view their stats, import and export to .pkm and more - gen 4 and 5 supported
    Pokémon Black/White animated sprites, now with back sprites, alternate/female forms and all shiny versions thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by xfr View Post
    Sorry about that, Pokécheck was never good for gen 3 & 4 because it doesn't check encounters (the main reason being that there's a huge, gigantic list of exceptions to normal encounters and I never got the courage to list all of them). I added a check for gen 3 legendary fateful flag though.
    Only Mew and Deoxys should have fateful encounter flags in Gen 3, you set it to all legendaries.

LEGALITY ANALYSIS BUG

Alright, I RNG'd a 30/30/30/30/30/30 shiny Japanese Ditto: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=724896 . I nicknamed it with it's original name and put a English "0" at the end to identify that it is a 30/30/30/30/30/30 Ditto.
    I ID SID RNG abused off a seed where I caught this Ditto to test the seed: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=724355 .

So, I RNG'd everything correctly using OD's RNG Reporter on a Pokemon White Japanese cart. If you look at the shiny Ditto, the legality analysis says: This Pokémon is not nicknamed but its name doesn't match the species name for its OT's language. Obviously, what I did was I put Ditto's Japanese name then a 0 (you can put English characters in Japanese games, including numbers (obviously)). For some reason, it thinks I did not nickname it.

Now, if you look at the 2nd link (the non shiny Ditto with the same seed I used and same retail cart) you'll see it doesn't show that even though I have the 0. It's because I messed up the first character in the nickname because the real one looks very similar. This made legality analysis recognize that I did indeed nickname it and found no problem with the 0 after it.

Here is the same exact shiny Ditto with 2 different nicknames in screenshot form (1 with the false first character and 1 with the correct one):
    Correct spelling of Ditto in Japanese then 0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54303432/1.png
    Incorrect spelling of Ditto in Japanese then 0 (first character is different but looks very similar): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54303432/2.png

All in all, legality analysis thinks name's of the Pokemon are hacked if the NICKNAME of the Pokemon is it's ACTUAL name + a non Japanese character in Japanese games.

Update:
    Just did a hex-flawless (same retail cart, etc) and it seems my hypothesis is wrong. It's just some coding error xfr figured out: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54303432/xfr.png

Best Regards,

Hazey
    Last edited by Hazey; Jan 16th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

-Ditto In the first image, this marked the attribute of nick? If not marked, you get it is normal that does not match the default name

-It's zero, perhaps because of the font that has the Japanese game (including size) so that when you type "M" is different from the Japanese game to the English game.

I also provare to see if it's the same with the spanish games and tomorrow i'll post the results.

Edit:
    I proved with a Jolteon DW and here I have the results:
    unmarked nick:
    Jolteon0\xFFFF\x0000\xFFFF
    This Pokémon is not nicknamed but its name doesn't match the species name for its OT's language.

marked nick:
    Jolteon0\xFFFF\x0000\xFFFF
    All characters in name are valid.
    No trash bytes (can have been nicknamed from Eevee)

I leave de links:
    unmarked nick: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=727136
    marked nick: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=727135
    Last edited by marcos9191; Jan 17th, 2012 at 04:11 AM.

Hi, could anyone explain me what it means, I uploaded one of my pokemon and this is the result:

► GTS Metadata No GTS metadata available for this trainer. - What?
    ► IVs This Pokémon is likely edited or RNG abused. - No it is not.
    ► EVs Pokémon is EV trained but not infected with pokérus. - ehm... yeah?

This Pokemon is 100% legal

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Knight View Post
    Hi, could anyone explain me what it means, I uploaded one of my pokemon and this is the result:

► GTS Metadata No GTS metadata available for this trainer. - What?
    ► IVs This Pokémon is likely edited or RNG abused. - No it is not.
    ► EVs Pokémon is EV trained but not infected with pokérus. - ehm... yeah?

This Pokemon is 100% legal
    If there's no red warning flags on your Pokémon, don't worry about it.

1) GTS metadata info
    2) It says "likely". For your Pokemon to have IVs as high as they are (which we don't know since you didn't post a link...) it is most likely, but not guaranteed, that it was RNG abused or edited.
    3) Most people will infect their Pokemon with Pokerus in order to speed up the EV training process. Most people editing their Pokemon won't bother. The analysis is just being thorough in looking at possible warning signs. It doesn't apply to you, so don't worry about it.

Thank you for the answers.
    I uploaded my Heatran and my Metagross now.
    There are some strange results:

► Nickname \xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\xFFFF
    This Pokémon had its trash bytes removed (possibly by the name rater)

► Nickname \xFFFF\x4D01\xFFFF\x0000\x0000\x0000\x0000\xFFFF
    Found trash bytes but no associated name. Can be the result of a changed nickname or a combination of different kinds of trashbyte (e.g. evolve after transfer or nickname after evolution)

► Happiness This Pokémon has lower than base happiness

Yeah, those could mean all sorts of things (which are listed there lol). If you want us to look into the "strange results" we're going to need to see your Pokemon and we're also going to need more information on them, like what you've done.
    The Global Terminal [PKM Distributions] | Download PokeGen | Find me on ProjectPokemon's IRC
    Windows Phone and 8 Developer | Microsoft Student Partner | Brony :3 | @ReignOfComputer

It doesn't help if you delete them.

You nicknamed over previous characters, that's why trash exists after the terminators. It cannot recognize where the x4D01 came from, you might have nicknamed it multiple times.

As for the happiness, 70 is the base happiness for a newly received (from trade / GTS) Pokemon, in gen 4 at the least.

lag double post? O.o
    Last edited by iscJavier; Jan 22nd, 2012 at 11:47 PM. Reason: double post

I'm getting a false positive:

In Platinum I bred a Tyrogue with Mach Punch and Bullet Punch (Hitmontop Parent), then evolved it into Hitmontop and tutor him Sucker Punch. Then send him to my Black version, and im getting a "Hacked / Event only" on the egg moves...

In Platinum I bred a Tyrogue
    No you didn't.

Not a false positive -- it's just not a legitimate Pokemon.

Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast