New type combinations

Creepercool

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

originally i thought since pokemopn has a dark type the n risheram would be it's first predisesor and be a "light" type or something and zekrom would be a dark dragon..... ithink that would be really cool...but u kno dragon/electric is cool too

also i wanna see more eveelutions(flying,ghost,dragon,steel,fighting,rock,poison etc.......)

afterthought:aereon,spireon,drakeon,mecheon,fisteon,bouldeon,toxeon????

Edited by Devoid

hey guys look on serebii the new legendary types are out 3 of them (which are evolutions? ITS TRUE!!!!!!!)that are dark/dragon!!!!!YAY!!!!!!well im not exactly sure if those three are actual legendaries but there is a steel/fighting,a rock/fighting,grass/fighting,flying,electric/flying,ground/flying,DRAGON/ICE,water/fighting,normal/psychic,and a bug/steel type legendaries!!!!all of them are legendaries!!!!!!awesome

next question:when are the names for all of the pokemon released so far in japan gonna be realesed for the u.s.?

afterthought:i willing to bet that the final evolution for the grass starter is going to be grass/dragon is such is so im definitly going to get the grass starter

as far as i can tell the dark/dragon evolutions are legendaries and ive been wanting a legendary that is linked to evolution for a long time yay!!!!

Probably they are just the new pseudo-legendaries... no legendaries have ever evolved, I don´t think they are going to start know... sounds like the new dragonite to me...

Probably they are just the new pseudo-legendaries... no legendaries have ever evolved, I don´t think they are going to start know... sounds like the new dragonite to me...

yea but i would still like to see one that have evolutions who says legendaries can't have more powerful formes?

3DS? That wasn't much of a shocker for me. Besides the fact a DS successor was inevitable, with 3D movies plaguing the movie industry, I knew it was a matter of time that it would move to the gaming industry. And who would make such an innovative idea become reality? Nintendo, of course. The only, truly surprising thing I found about the 3DS was the "no glasses" aspect.

Back on topic... Just stop arguing. While I suppose an evolving Legendary would be... Interesting... I just don't see such a thing happening. Besides, Serebii would have said if they were Legendaries. Just because the Dark Dragons were revealed next to the Legendaries does not mean that they are Legendaries. Based on their Pokédex number, it's pretty safe to say that it's final evolution is a Pseudo-Legendary and not an actual Legend. ~STBE

DRK/DRG type evo chain is not legendary, just another Dragonite evo chain clone. Deal with it.

as far as i can tell the dark/dragon evolutions are legendaries and ive been wanting a legendary that is linked to evolution for a long time yay!!!!
yea but i would still like to see one that have evolutions who says legendaries can't have more powerful formes?
im just saying u never know from nintendo they can always surprise you (i.e.3DS)
true but it would still be cool

Because, the idea of a Legendary evolving is just ridiculous. It wouldn't exactly be "legendary" if it can breed and evolve. Now before you go on a rant about Manaphy and Phoine, I'll have you know Phoine doesn't evolve into Manaphy and Manaphy breeds a completely different species (Phoine).

Also, we've disproven that the Drak Dragons are Legendary. Just stfu be quiet. ~STBE

Just because I like to stick my oar in...

@ Devoid

Dratini -> Dragonair -> Dragonite ... followed by Legendary birds

Larvitar -> Pupitar -> Tyranitar... Followed by legendary beasts

Beldum -> Metang -> Metagross... Followed by legendary kings

Gen 4... Off Ball xD

Dark Dragon -> Dark Dragon -> Dark Dragon... Follwed by legendaries.

I'm sure you can see the pattern there... Also, with the "New beginnings" thing they are going for, I imagine they will follow the same pattern as before.

Similarly, if a legend is to evolve, then the legend can't be that great if it has to rely on evolution to be good.

Anyway, OT,

I'm glad to see some awesome new type combinations... Most seem to just be given to the legendaries, but if they are all littered all over the place, then I will be a happy birdy.

I am however pissed off at ANOTHER fire fighting. God all mighty GF, change the damned track.

Also...

Bagon -> Shelgon -> Salamence... Followed by the Beldum family.

Thanks for helping me prove my point, Tbird.

Back on topic, A Dark/Dragon sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see what it looks like. And the mono Flying-type Legendary sounds... Odd. How can it be Flying-typed and nothing else? Is it always airborne? And the Ice/Dragon... I've been wanting one of those for a long time. And something tells me it will be the third Version Mascot. Why? Fire, Electric, and Ice. It makes sense and they are all Dragons. ~STBE

all im saying is that i think it would be cool to have an evolving legendary thats all im saying

The thing is though is it probably wouldn't be cool. Like Proffesor Rowan said; the reason Pokemon evolve is to become more complete beings. If a legendary needs to evolve it obviously isn't legendary. (For the record, he also states that Legendary Pokemon don't evolve because they are fully matured as species, so it further disproves you're theory). I personally think that the Dark/Dragon chain will be cool as all get-out, but it's poor typing will hopefully keep it in the realm of OU ~Crosses Fingers~ We can assume it's this versions Pseudo Legend, just from where it's placed in the pokedex.

Also, am I the only thinking we will have 650 Pokemon this generation? Nintendo has a habit of not telling us the last Pokemon in the Dex. (Ie: Arceus, Mew, Celebi) It wouldn't surprise me to say the least, after all, everyone is calling 649 the anti-arceus, but Bug/Steel doesn't seem overly inspiring as a legendary type.